Start by marking “Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery, #2)

Fit to Die (A Supper Club Mystery #2)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  338 ratings  ·  37 reviews
Welcome back to Quincy's Gap, Virginia, where James Henry and his dieting group contend with dangerous secrets, dark intrigue, and delicious praline sundaes. Six months after starting their low-carb diet, the Flab Five are feeling motivationally- challenged. A new ice cream shop has come to town, but so has the Witness to Fitness weight loss center, run by the fanatical Ve ...more
Published May 8th 2007 by Llewellyn Publications (first published May 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Fit to Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fit to Die

Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. SeussTwilight by Stephenie MeyerThe Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee BenderThe Cupcake Queen by Heather HeplerMake Lemonade by Virginia Euwer Wolff
Food on the Cover
240th out of 647 books — 326 voters
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeCatering to Nobody by Diane Mott DavidsonA Dead Sister by Anna Celeste BurkeFudge Cupcake Murder by Joanne FlukeEvertaster by Adam Glendon Sidwell
Mysteries in Good Taste!
195th out of 305 books — 257 voters

More lists with this book...

Barb
This is such a fun series. The five main characters are all overweight and members of a Supper Club where they try to eat well (once a week) and motivate the others. When FIT TO DIE begins, they all have slacked off and begun to regain any weight they lost. How serendipitous that someone should come to their small town in Virginia and open a weight loss program with prepackaged food and exercise classes! Except for the very unfortunate murders that occur. Written with frequent tongue in cheek, t ...more
Patty
I read the first book in this series and then sort of let it slip away from me. Too bad, this is a fun series, has a librarian as the main character, who is overweight and fighting it, and the characters are a lot of fun to be around. The "Flab Five" get together once a week to act as a support group for their weight loss efforts. After about a year they are finding it harder to keep to the program and are inspired to join a fitness club. The exercise is hard, the meals are less than appealing b ...more
Libbeth
At first I thought this was going to have an obvious ending but I was pleasantly surprised. The trouble with this book is that the rich descriptions of calorific foods has you rifling the fridge and coming out dissappointed when nothing in there is a patch on what is available to the townsfolk of this book.
Linda Smatzny
This is the second book in the Supper Club Mystery series. It features James Henry and his friends as they try to lose weight and keep it off. They meet weekly for supper at each other's homes. This time they join a fitness club that promises they will lose weight within six weeks with the club's special meals and the workout program. Another new business is destroyed by fire and an old man is found inside dead. The police are not positive that it was an accident or suicide. So James and his fri ...more
Susan Erhardt
Fun cozy mystery. I enjoyed reading about this group of supper club dieters struggling to stay on their weight loss plan while investigating an arson/murder.
Becky
A book that combines librarians, a mystery, and
food is bound to be a hit! Fun to read!
Kelly
I am really enjoying this series and look forward to the next book.
John
I realy enjoyed this book cant wait for next to start.
Ronna
The Supper Club at Quincy's Gap, Virginia is a group of friends hoping to loose weigh, while enjoying diet meals together, but once again they found themselves embroiled in a murder. Veronica Levitt had just recently started a new Witness to Fitness Center that includes prepared foods, exercise classes, and more than needed enthusiastic encouragement. Her prices are high, but the Supper Club group decided to try her out anyway.

James feels there is something fishy about Veronica, but he goes alon
Lori Henrich
The Flab Five is at it again in the second installment of the Supper Club Mystery Series.

Quincy's Gap residents are about to welcome to new businesses into their midst. Chilly Willy's Polor Pagoda a ice parlor and Witness to Fitness a exercise/fitness center, and as fate would have it there are right near each other. James and the other members of the Flab Five decide to join Witness to Fitness hoping that the program will help get them back on track.

When the Polar Pagoda goes up in flames kill
Priscilla
I loved this book!! The story is told from the perspective of James,a man who is trying to avoid all forbidden foods on his new diet plan. The description of the food in this book is to die for! Cream-buns, raisn loaf,Ice-cream the list goes on. I would describe this book as sweet,all the way through there are descriptions of cutsy shops,bakeries,Ice cream shops all creating a town I would want to live in! the characters are great too,good friends,a little romance.

Overall I found this book sweet
Misty Davies
mostly lighthearted fun

I'm enjoying this series about a weight-losing supper club that solves murder mysteries in their spare time. This book
wasn't as strong as the first book, in my opinion. Only the main character was developed in this book, and the character growth was weaker overall. Still, the book was a fun romp with non-conventional and relatable heroes. I'll be moving on to the third book in the series.
~Sara~
This is a fun, quick read that I liked, but it wasn't entirely my thing. I really liked the descriptions of small town life and the colourful characters; Dolly, the town gossip who runs the diner, the busy body church group trying to cram their morals down everyone's throats, and "Chilly Willy", the friendly newcomer to the town. Their interactions were amusing and realistic with well written, believable dialogue. The book wasn't full of the cheesy one-liners that so many mystery/crime shows and ...more
Jennifer Brown
Another wonderful story by this author! I love how she writes her cozy mysteries. She does such a good job with her characters, that you completely feel for them and with them; happy/excited when they lose weight, the awe-moments in romance pull at your heart strings, pissed off when they learned they were being screwed, etc. Being from a male perspective but written by a woman is different than the other, say James Patterson, stories that I've read from a male view. I liked it. The book wasn't ...more
Mande
Rsweber
A good next book in the series.
Sue Ross
J.B. Stanley has done it again. This time the supper club realizes they have increased in size, but not by more members, but by added pounds. A new fitness club moves into town and once it does, the flab five join. What happens after they join will have you trying to figure out just who did the deed and how everyone ties in with the murder. If you read the first one, you'll want to read this one to find out what romance is starting up and how James' dad is dealing with his son's new eating and e ...more
Paige Bennett
This is the second in the Supper Club series and it left me wanting number three. If you have ever been on a diet and/or cheated on a diet you will love this book. James Henry and his four friends called The Flab Five are out to solve a mystery and to stick to their new fitness routine. These things lead to lots of laughs. There are great characters in the series. The Fitzgerald twins- James's father and a new character in town Chilly Willy. Don't let yourself miss this one.
Elizabeth
Very similar to the previous and following books in the Supper Club series. The supper club members are faced with another murder, and band together, sort of, to find the guilty party.

Light, fast, fun read for those who enjoy murder mysteries.

My biggest problem with all of the books I've read, so far, is the numerous spelling and grammatical errors that distract me into becoming a proofreader!
☺Trish
Another thoroughly enjoyable installment in J. B. Stanley's Supper Club cozy mystery series. I really hope that James will become more upbeat & assertive as the series progresses, especially where Lucy is concerned. I'm looking forward to finding out how all of these quirky, likeable, and believable characters grow & change and otherwise improve their lives over the course of this very pleasant series!
Angela Proctor-fries
I really liked this book. It's got some light romance,mystery and humor. It's a good book when you don't want to read something heavy. Oh also it's part 2 so you might want to read part 1 first, which was also a good book. I'm actually excited to read book 3 and see what happens.
Lesley
This was a nice, light read, which I read on my iPhone and finished up on a weekend getaway. I like that the main character is a librarian, and that he works with his supper club group to solve murders. Realistic? Maybe not, but it's still enjoyable as breezy reading between semesters of library school!
ChrisGA
Things are looking up for the Henry men. His father is actually pleasant, and James finally asks Lucy out on a date. A ice cream parlor is burned to the ground-introducing Willy the owner and a sham fitness center owner is murdered after the Flab Five enroll to get their diets back on track.
Christine
This was a good addition to the series. I did miss the recipes that were included in the first book. The relationships that are developing are are interesting. I won't sopil it, but I need to read the next book to see if the one I think is going to happen actually does.
Linda
I really like the Flab Five and the supper club mysteries. It didn't seem like there was much to the mystery but I still really enjoyed the story and getting to the answer of who done it.
Kim
Another good one from JB Stanley! It was a quick read, so I'm glad I have others from the library by similar authors. The characters in this are so personable. I look forward to more.
Christine
LOVE that they added the ice cream shop. I enjoy reading about everyone. Lucy, James, Lindy, Bennett and Gillian- the Flab five. The weightloss center opening is a slight inconvience.
Candace Davidson
This is a great series. It has a lot of mystery and humor, which I enjoy. JB Stanley does a good job of getting emotionally attached with all the characters in her book.
Nancy H
This is the second book in this series. In my opinion, it wasn't as good as the first one, but I still liked it, and I am still going to read the next one.
Evelyn M
It was an ok cozy. The crime story line was interesting although it was light on the action
  • A Fatal Appraisal (A Collectible Mystery, #2)
  • Death Takes the Cake (A Della Cooks Mystery #2)
  • Dying for Dinner (A Cooking Class Mystery, #4)
  • Clobbered by Camembert (A Cheese Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The Disappearance of Mavis Woodstock (The Val & Kit Mystery Series, #1)
  • Three Odd Balls (Cue Ball Mysteries, #3)
  • Stirring Up Strife (Hope Street Church Mystery, #1)
  • The English Breakfast Murder (A Tea Shop Mystery, #4)
  • Sympathy for the Devil (Madeline Bean, #1)
  • Saturday Night Cleaver (A Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #4)

A Supper Club Mystery (6 books)
  • Carbs & Cadavers (A Supper Club Mystery, #1)
  • Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3)
  • Stiffs and Swine (A Supper Club Mystery, #4)
  • The Battered Body (A Supper Club Mystery, #5)
  • Black Beans and Vice (A Supper Club Mystery, #6)
Carbs & Cadavers (A Supper Club Mystery, #1) Chili Con Corpses (A Supper Club Mystery, #3) Stiffs and Swine (A Supper Club Mystery, #4) The Battered Body (A Supper Club Mystery, #5) Black Beans and Vice (A Supper Club Mystery, #6)