Start by marking “All She Ever Wanted” as Want to Read:
All She Ever Wanted

All She Ever Wanted

Following a disturbed childhood, Christine is determined to be utterly self-reliant. But when love does enter her life, it threatens the new personality she has worked hard to create. Control must be maintained and love must be on her terms - no matter how dreadful those terms might be.
Paperback
Published March 1st 2007 by Pocket, (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about All She Ever Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All She Ever Wanted

Karen
Mar 21, 2012 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: crime, united-kingdom
If you're looking for a disconcerting psychological thriller, with the lead up to the crime as the focus of the story, ALL SHE EVER WANTED could be the book for you.

Tina was a weak, bullied, vulnerable child. Deserted by the father she adored, belittled by a mother that blamed her for everything that had gone wrong in her own life, Tina was a scrawny, ugly duckling child - the object of derision and cruelty by nearly everyone around her. Her only real emotional support, her aunt, tried to care f
Tânia
“They fuck you up, your mum and dad. They may not mean to, but they do. They fill you with the faults they had and add some extra just for you.” – Philip Larkin

Oh yes, all we ever wanted. This is another good psychological thriller from PR about the sins of parents being visited upon their children. Christine Ryan grows from a sweet young girl into a vicious young woman determined to take control of her life at all costs. The most glaring is the gradual disintegration of the personality which is
Certainshoes
Apr 24, 2012 Certainshoes rated it really liked it
I think it's the worst of the 4 books by Patrick Redmond, in spite of loving its writing i think this character is poorer than the others, and it lack capacity to really empathize with her.
However, its Patrick Redmond, so he always tries to show why she is the way she is, and why she does all the things, but, compared to the other books from this author, i think its the only one that i really didnt loved!
oh well, i still remember the story and i read it 2/3 years ago, so it can't be that bad...
Marjolein
Mar 06, 2016 Marjolein rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review All she ever wanted - Patrick Redmond:
A hypnotic psychological thriller. I've read all Redmond books I could find several years ago. At the time, there were only three. Now, I have discovered that he has written two more. All she ever wanted is a marvellously gripping story. Characters are all well developed, and that includes the supporting characters. The protagonist is first victim, then she becomes the bully. It's a fascinating process. Over and over the point is being made about the
Marina Stoj
Mar 12, 2013 Marina Stoj rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book. As soon as I started reading I couldn't put it down. You just want to keep reading to see whether the main character ends up creating a better life for herself and whether she survives after having a terrible childhood of neglect and being bullied. I think people can definitely relate to the characters in the book, especially the main character for having to become a strong person because of the harsh circumstances of her childhood. Definitely recommend it for anyone ...more
Nancy
Nov 25, 2011 Nancy rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, murder
If it weren't for Patrick Redmond's pacing of a story and a certain technique he has that I can't exactly put my finger on, I most likely wouldn't have finished this book.
He makes his point over and over again about the fact parents can have long lasting effects on their children. The same phrases are repeated, but somehow I still want to find some other books he has written and see how they are. Something Dangerous was better than this one.
Cloe Cassiopeias
Baca buku psychological thriller selalu meninggalkan perasaan tidak enak. Rasanya harus segera cari bacaan lain biar nggak keingat2. Tina sebagai anak kecil sering dibuly dan di ejek dilingkungannya, ayahnya meninggalkannya dengan ibunya yang membencinya. Perlahan2 Tina berubah sampai akhirnya dia menjadi Crissie, yang berani, cantik, dan dikagumi banyak orang, sekaligus ditakuti. Kemudian dia bertemu Jack dan Alexander, Jack yang membuat dia merasa menjadi Tina kembali dan Alexander yang mau ...more
Tanti
Aug 03, 2009 Tanti rated it did not like it
Shelves: other
One star from me, not because the writing is bad, eventhough the book does repeat itself from time to time, but because it left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't feel for Chrissie Ryan at all. It's so hard to sympathize with her, despite knowing her background, of why she does what she does, what shapes her into a hard, cold and wicked woman. You can be wicked and still be wickedly charming, which she is not. And i think the end of the story is disappointing too.
Will Bennetts
Nov 23, 2014 Will Bennetts rated it really liked it
Tessa Maree Nielsen
Jan 17, 2013 Tessa Maree Nielsen rated it liked it
Hmm. .
A weird book, basically a story going on inside people's minds.
About a quarter of the way through I felt like stopping, because it felt dragged out, but it was one of those stories where you want to find out what happens at the end, but dont want to read 300 pages to get there. But I did.
all around an "interesting" Story, giving some insight into why some crazy people, become crazy.
Mahareni Sukadi
Gak nemu cover indo-nya.Seadanya ajah.
Berasa bc novelnya Sidney Sheldon.Tokoh utamanya mnderita d masa2 kcilnya,brhasil bangkit n jd populer,tp kmd trpuruk lg n jd org buangan.
Yg bkin mules lg,si tokoh utama (Christina Ryan) jatuh cnta sm karakter Jack,tp Jack-nya malah cinta sm Allison.Haduuuuh...jd benci2 cinta aku sm si Jack.Paling gak kuat sm karakter dg nama ini.
Mathangi Srinivasan
Sep 23, 2013 Mathangi Srinivasan rated it really liked it
Its creepy most of the times. Though the basic message is "you can overcome your fears, conquer shit and face the world" there is too much drama!! story was pretty good, characters were over-explained.. climax was a bit of a let down.. the only thing kinda cool was.. probably knowing you wouldn't be as pig headed as the protagonist for stupid life situations
Helen
Jul 11, 2012 Helen rated it did not like it
This book had no redeeming features; it was simply dreadful and the worst book I've read in many years. If a few exclamation marks were added here and there, it could have been written by a 13 year old. I cannot believe that the person who wrote this also wrote the amazing The Wishing Game (full 5 stars). No more Patrick Redmond for me.
Vina
Apr 25, 2014 Vina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
awal cerita sudah bagus membangun karakter Tina,
tapi makin ke belakang makin gak fokus
terakhir malah pamungkasnya tokoh yang gak disangka2
kirain Tina yang jadi penutup cerita
haha... masih terlalu jauh disamakan dengan karya sidney sheldon ternyata.
Marganingsih
Jun 27, 2015 Marganingsih rated it it was amazing
Deep dark crazy. This is a novel about how dreams are becoming true, exactly like she (the main character) ever wanted. Well, but not exactly like I (as a reader) expect it. Just read and go find the answer.
Jan Woodhouse
Jun 01, 2014 Jan Woodhouse rated it really liked it
Another (earlier) novel by Patrick Redmond, on whose books I'm currently bingeing. This one explores the theme of identity - do we ever really change, or are those childhood ghosts of ourselves still thumping on the door, begging our carefully constructed adult selves to take notice?
Cathy
Mar 01, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it
Started off really well but I got a bit bored part way through... t'was a little obvious and reminded me of a Martina Cole novel.. anyway, I finished it but won't be leaping to find anything else of his.
Klaudi
Oct 12, 2012 Klaudi rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely amazing. The psychological thriller is almost impossible to put down as it will catch your attention after a few pages! Such a wonderful,deep book with a very unexpected twist in the tale and a brilliant ending.
Sandee Agsutin
Mar 16, 2016 Sandee Agsutin rated it it was amazing
The first time I was reading this book was when I was in high school and I was really hooked during the first few chapters. Mostly because it was very relate-able and things like that could happen in real life and I was fascinated by the growth of the protag.
Asferdinand
Aug 18, 2011 Asferdinand rated it it was ok
Came so close to not finishing, but I'm such a sucker for a hanging set-up. And then the denoument was so very not worth it. One dimensional characters acting in internally inconsistent ways and also homophobia hooray!
Babalwa May
Wow! This book really hit close to home. It definately isn't your happy ending kind of novel and it makes you reflect on your own life and the relationships which exist ebtween parents and their children..
Katy
Jul 20, 2013 Katy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to force myself to finish reading this book and found the ending very disappointing. The concept if the story was there it just wasn't written well to keep me on my interested.
Catherine
Apr 26, 2013 Catherine rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
FINALLY a decent psychological thriller. I could not put this book down! I really like Patrick Redmond's style so will definately be reading more of him.
Elvira Suprianti
Elvira Suprianti rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Karen
Karen rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Charu
Charu rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2016
Safwat
Safwat rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2014
Issa
Issa rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2014
Denise WEBB
Denise WEBB rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2016
Joaquim Tan
Joaquim Tan rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Never Tell
  • Tell Tale
  • Les déferlantes
  • A Perfect Arrangement
  • Tainted Lives
  • Idas Dans
  • Jericho Point (Evan Delaney, #3)
  • Darkhouse
  • Ciuman Di Bawah Hujan
  • BORAT: Touristic Guidings to Minor Nation of U.S. and A. and Touristic Guidings to Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan
  • Thorn (Rosa Thorn Thriller, #1)
  • The Vanishing
  • Jubilee
  • Die Tante Jolesch
  • Dark Mist Rising
  • Prey (Institut Scientifique, #2)
  • Lovesick
  • Inxs: Story to Story: The Official Autobiography
Patrick Redmond is an English author of psychological thrillers; typical themes include insanity, secrets and death. He attended Felsted School, then studied law at Leicester University and British Columbia in Vancouver. Wikipedia
More about Patrick Redmond...