Start by marking “Special A 02 (Special A, #2)” as Want to Read:
Special A 02 (Special A, #2)

Special A 02 (Special A #2)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  3,567 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Hikari Hanazono besucht die »Special A«-Eliteklasse nur, um gegen ihren Rivalen Kei Takishima zu gewinnen. Ob beium Wrestling gegen die Schülerversammlung um den Platz in der Special-A, bei der Herausforderung zur Empfangsparty, in der Semesterabschlussprüfung, bei der der Teilzeitjob entshieden wird... Hikari gibt einfach alles! Dabei fängt sie langsam an, Kei zu verstehe ...more
Published 2008 by Carlsen Verlag (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Special A 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special A 02

Michelle. D.
I love Tadashi!!! He is my favourite character!!!!!!!!
Tadashi ♥♥♥ :D

So this review is for the overall series. I give the overall series 5 stars because it was raelly good.

Funny at times, romantic at times, cute at times, sad at times. Also, I really loved the art (It's true! I have some saved pictures from things in the book.)

I would like to say that Hikari is SOOOOOOOO dense. I mean like crazy. I'm not even joking. I'm not going to tell you why but I want to say that when she said that and Taki
Alexei
Come check out my book blog! Teenage Bookaholic

SYNOPSIS: *Please note that this is a review for the entire series, comprised of 17 books*
Hikari Hanazono is not your typical high school girl. While she comes from a modest background, she strives to do her best at anything and everything to top her rival. After losing an impromptu wrestling match as a child, Hikari made it her life's goal to beat Kei Takishima, a wealthy child who is destined to work for the family business, any way possible. She
Laura Graves
Review posted 11/2/2011 at Owl Tell You About It.

Still cute, though I was a little bored. I was put off by the Student Council President. I know he's supposed to be funny in that quirky manga way, but I just found him annoying. Sometimes Japanese humor is beyond me. Still, I like the way things are going with Hikari and Kei. It's so painfully obvious that Kei is in love with her Of course, Hikari doesn't notice, which is typical of shoujo manga. I'm sure it will be that way for while. It always
Yu Qian
You don't know if its love or not you just want to beat that guy and prove that you are his rival. Hikari isn't that kind of girl wanting to spent time think of boys yet the reason she is in the school she is in now is only because he want to beat that guy kei...
I wish the author will keep working on this manga, Special is so amazing that i always enjoy it when i watch it. Before i know it i finish reading the whole thing. The way the author create the personality is really a mazing funny and
Suzanne
Daniellesof2014
Hikari is going to go on a summer vacation with her S.A. buddy's but unlike them she isn't rich. She needs money and is going to look for a part time job when Kei says he could supply her for one. So the made a contest and of course she lost so Kei got to pick her job for her and she was going to a party as his date because of Kei's little brother Sui. There Hikari meet's Yahiro, the reason of the party, and he tells her something that she will never forget about Kei.

This book reminds me of twil
Lex Marie
This volume of Special A is an improvement on the first in several ways. Despite Minami accidentally making Kei 15 in this volume when his 16th birthday was in the previous one, I found this one to be more enjoyable, though just as visually busy.
Kei is constantly putting Hikari down in the hopes she'll give up on dangerous ventures, because he cares for her deeply. Yet, early on, it's plain to see they make an unstoppable team when they work together.
The first half of the book was, again, just o
Sara Bennett
I don't even remember what I thought about the first manga. I'm pretty sure I liked it a good deal but this volume made me fall in love with the series and I just loved the feel of it and the connection between the characters!!
Hannah
Series Review: Special A is a interesting and cute manga that I really enjoyed. It was funny and entertaining plot and character wise. I most enjoyed the dynamic between the characters. I recommend giving this manga a try.
Hira
So, in this volume we move further into the lives of SA. We are also introduced to a mysterious new character, Yahiro, from Kei's and Akira's past.

The story is going pretty good till now. It's really interesting and I noticed that in this volume it's moving towards serious 'drama' from 'cute'.

It's obvious that Kei likes Hikari but Hikari is too clueless to realize it. Hikari also starts developing feelings towards Kei but isn't sure what they mean.

As I said in the previous review, I love the
lea
truly wonderful. A beautiful romance from the begining to end
Lady Knight
Sad to say, but this was mediocre at best.

When I picked up this series I expected some school hijinxs with some rivalry. Which is exactly what the series is. The problem comes from the fact that every single chapter we has through why the rivalry began (an no new info is ever given) and who make up the SA, and even the plots of each chapter are darn near the same. All you have to do is swap out the settings and maybe a few specifics of the competition, and it is all exactly the same.

Very bored
MarsianMan
Note:This review is a series review, not really a volume specific review.

One of my favorite mangas. An excellent shoujo (meaning it is a comic aimed at teenage girls) story about Hikari whose life mission is to beat Kei. She goes to a very expensive school (one that her family can barely afford) for the sole purpose of trying to beat Kei. Poor Hikari is a clueless and loving girl who is always #2 in everything while Kei is #1. A good mix of drama, hilarity, and sweetness.
Reader17 Der
Ichigo
i haven't read the book yet but i've seen the epsodes and they are awesome!!! i love how kie gets so jealouse of the president its just so funny but im not sure if that really happened in the book so if you see my review can you please tell me kuz i can't find it anywhere and im freaking out i just really want to read it!!!!!!!! XD
Patricia BookExhibitionism
This one was an acceptable Shoujo Manga for me. The heroine isn't your typical annoying, naive dimwit but has some ambition. At the same time there are your typical Shoujo traits, like that he's obviously having a crush on her, and that she is unaware of her boobs, that he's mysterious and whatnot. But it's still enjoyable. :)
Cecilyn
Character:
7. Yahiro Saiga - Kei and Akira's friend, cares for Akira (but she hates him for now), wealthier than Kei
8. Kakei - SC President, has a crush on Hikari, sickly and he is always confined to the hospital, buys his way to getting good grades
Lu
Well, not too surprising that Kei would like Hikari. After all, he certianly acts like he does. Still, what twists is the author going to throw in now? Hikari is rather oblivious to everything Kei does...
Paula
This series was soooo good although I've read other mangas with a similar concept, my eyes were glued to the pages of every single volume from this series! good author!
Ravenhats
Somewhat confusing to follow and clearly swipes from other Shojo works like His and Her Circumstance and Ouran High School, but is still relatively enjoyable.
Pat
Finally, Hikari knows Kei likes her. How can she handle it? And more challenges coming up. Hikari's still a second placer. lol. Poor Hikari!

Esther
So kawaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiii.
I just hope they get rid of the introduction. I get tired of reading it again and again.
Emily
Figured I'd give it one more book to grab me. It didn't.
Laura Bratisax
TAKISHIMA AND HANAZONO! I love this couple so much!
Koko
Koko marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
  • The Gentlemen's Alliance †, Vol. 05
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 2 (Wild Ones, #2)
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 3 (MeruPuri, #3)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 03 (Maid-sama! #3)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 02
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow, #2)
  • High School Debut, Vol. 03 (High School Debut, #3)
  • Kitchen Princess, Vol. 04 (Kitchen Princess, #4)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 2 (Beauty Pop, #2)
  • Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2)
791996
She is a Japanese manga author. She is best known as the author of manga series Special A.

In 2001, her short story Day Dream Believer (デイ・ドリーム・ビリーバー) received an Honourable Mention for Hakusensha's 25th Athena awards. She debuted in Hana to Yume's October 2001 issue with a short story titled Faraway Blue (彼方の青 Kanata no Ao).
Maki Minami's longest running series, Special A, began publication in 200
More about Maki Minami...
Special A, Vol. 1 (Special A, #1) Special A, Vol. 7 (Special A, #7) Special A, Vol. 9 (Special A, #9) Special A, Vol. 17 (Special A, #17) Special A, Vol. 3 (Special A, #3)