Start by marking “The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel and Kingdom, Wisdom, and Revelation” as Want to Read:
The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel and Kingdom, Wisdom, and Revelation

The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel and Kingdom, Wisdom, and Revelation (Goldsworthy Trilogy #1-3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Combining three incredibly important books for the teaching of the Church, The Goldsworthy Trilogy offers a complete and comprehensive guide to understanding the gospel throughout the whole of Scripture. Hugely popular, this collection is being released in this special format and will be an essential guide to be used again and again for those who seek to understand the Bib ...more
Published February 1st 2002 by Paternoster Publishing (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The Goldsworthy Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Goldsworthy Trilogy

Joel Dougherty
Quite good. The basic premise woven throughout, namely that scripture is a whole and that that should affect how we view it's parts, is one that we would do well to apply in our day. May ALL of that book, God's progressive revelation of his covenant to his people culminating in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ speak to us of his glory.

'Wisdom is a theology of covenant adulthood, both corporate and individual. It recognizes that an important aspect of man's relationship to God is
Read "Gospel and Wisdom" from December 2011 through April 2012 with Vicki.

I first read "Gospel and Kingdom", the first book of the trilogy in December 2009. It would have blown my head off if I had not been taught these principles at church and through one-on-one Bible studies for the previous four years (8/14/2011).

Just finished the second book (8/14/2011). I love Goldsworthy and would recommend him to anyone who doesn't understand or needs a review on the unity and theme of the Bible. "The Gos
Aaron Ventura
Excellent and accessible intro to Biblical Theology. Enjoyed all 3 books.
Angus Mcfarlane
I have the Goldsworthy trilogy, of which Gospel and Kingdom is the first. Goldsworthy introduces the interpretive method of ‘biblical theology’ which encourages the reader to interpret bible passages in terms of Scripture’s meta-narrative. Scripture is like a field of wheat mainly reserved for Jesus’ story, from which we are able to draw sufficient gleanings from the edges which apply to us.
Matthew Hodge
All three books in this trilogy are devoted to the idea of "Biblical Theology", or the idea of reading the Bible as a unified single book, rather than a series of separate ideas. This idea may not strike you as overly radical now, but when it came out, it was a big deal. May be too simplistic for some, eye opening for others, but definitely worth a read.
It's my sneaking suspicion that Christians don't really think about the Bible as ONE book with ONE underlying theme & message that recurs throughout each book -- that of God's plan for you & me -- our salvation & reconciliation back to Him. This book lays it out in really easy-to-read language.
Glyn Williams
Gospel and Kingdom and The Gospel in Revelation were good. Some challenging thoughts and some different ways of thinking about things. Requires more research, especially in terms of Revelation.

Gospel and Wisdom was a little drawn out though.
Ian Rees
Three books in one. Very helpful analysis of the structure of the Bible in "Gospel and Kingdom". Good insights into the last book of the Bible in "Gospel and Revelation". "Gospel and Wisdom" had some good moments, but didn't really hold me.
Leanne Stephenson
An amazing look at the Gospel throughout the Bible. Graeme Goldsworthy is an author dedicated to bringing the Gospel to others. Great trilogy.
Clayton Brannon
Lots of information in this book. I will reread this book several more times to get all out of it that I think is there.
Nathaniel Martin
Terrific. Those who want to deepen their love for Scripture and learn to read it should read this volume.
Mar 18, 2008 Karl rated it 5 of 5 stars
Excellent book, highly recommend!!!!!
Joel Bertles
Joel Bertles marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2015
Rebecca Wattier
Rebecca Wattier marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Laura Campbell
Laura Campbell marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2015
Seth Bobbink
Seth Bobbink marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Megan Elizabeth
Megan Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Alex Freeman
Alex Freeman marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2015
Dylan Collar
Dylan Collar is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2015
Phoenix marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2015
Andrew marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Chalsea marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
J.D. marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2015
Zemin added it
Oct 02, 2015
Robin is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2015
BaseCampFamLibrary marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Kerin Tan
Kerin Tan marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
  • God's Glory in Salvation through Judgment
  • God's Big Picture: Tracing the Story-Line of the Bible
  • The Temple and the Church's Mission: A Biblical Theology of the Dwelling Place of God
  • The Unfolding Mystery: Discovering Christ in the Old Testament
  • Kingdom through Covenant: A Biblical-Theological Understanding of the Covenants
  • Dominion and Dynasty: A Biblical Theology of the Hebrew Bible
  • Biblical Theology in the Life of the Church: A Guide for Ministry
  • The Christ of the Covenants
  • Biblical Theology: Old and New Testaments
  • The King in His Beauty: A Biblical Theology of the Old and New Testaments
  • More Than Conquerors
  • Preaching Christ from the Old Testament: A Contemporary Hermeneutical Method
  • God of Promise: Introducing Covenant Theology
  • The Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23
  • The Shadow of Christ in the Law of Moses
  • Kingdom Come
  • Showing the Spirit: A Theological Exposition of 1 Corinthians 12–14
Graeme Goldsworthy is an Australian Anglican and Old Testament scholar. Now retired, Goldsworthy was formerly lecturer in Old Testament, biblical theology and hermeneutics at Moore Theological College in Sydney, Australia. He is the author of "According to Plan" (IVP, 1991), "Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture" (Eerdmans, 2000) and "Proverbs: The Tree of Life" (CEP, 1993). Goldsworth ...more
More about Graeme Goldsworthy...

Goldsworthy Trilogy (3 books)
  • Gospel And Kingdom: A Christian Interpretation Of The Old Testament
  • The Lamb and the Lion: The Gospel in Revelation
  • Gospel and Wisdom: Israel's Wisdom Literature in the Christian Life

“Some may object that to speak of election or predestination is to limit the kingdom of God to a few. Does it make God a capricious tyrant? We must answer that such objections usually stem from a refusal to accept that we are faced here with a mystery that is not given to us to solve. There is also a radical misunderstanding which maintains that God's sovereignty in election removes man's responsibility. Such is not true. How divine sovereignty and human responsibility work together we cannot know. The Bible makes it clear that they do. // Let us remember that Jesus discriminated and limited the numbers of the saved: 'Small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it' (Matthew 7:13-14). This is in line with the Old Testament teaching that only a faithful remnant of Israel would be saved.” 3 likes
“The truth of God's Word cannot be subject to the puny light of man's self-centred reason” 1 likes