Introducing Logic

Introducing Logic (Introducing Series)

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  145 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Introducing Logic makes this important discipline accessible to everyone using the series' popular illustrated format. This easy-to-follow guide maps the historical development of logic, explains its symbols and methodology, traces its influence in a variety of disciplines and shows logic in action in our digital age.
Published 2001 by Totem Books

To ask other readers questions about Introducing Logic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Introducing Logic

Richard
Second time through this book. Intro books with illustrations do a great job piquing my interest about subjects I will probably never have the gumption or time to study formally. I am able to follow this chronological treatment of the field of logic up until the part of the book where Bertrand Russell and Alfred North Whitehead come into view (Early 20th century.) After that the subject area splinters in such a way that the text's treatment the various developments in logic becomes increasingly...more
Daniel
Mit "Logik" haben sich die Macher der Sachcomic-Reihe auf ein Terrain gewagt, das glatter nur schwer sein könnte. Nicht zuletzt deshalb, weil es in dieser Disziplin stark auf die sprachliche Verarbeitung, auf die Qualität ankommt.

Wie auch alle anderen Teile dieser Reihe ist es ein tolles Übersichtswerk mit teilweise sehr unterhaltsamen Comic-Strips. Das diese nicht nur komödiantischen, sondern eben auch bildenden Wert haben, kann als eine der zentralen Stärken des "Comics" verstanden werden.

Ich...more
Casey
The only other book that I've read in this series is Introducing Modernism and this book was just as interesting. I'll have to explore more of this series as time permits.

Lots of history. Definitely a whirlwind tour through the world of logic and I liked how it navigated the intersection of mathematics and philosophy where appropriate.

Not too heavy on the philosophy of logic/mathematics as it left me wanting more, but I think that Introducing books are meant to just pique your interest in a give...more
Collin Horn
Very broad but not deep coverage. Decent introduction to various topics / methods of logic, but with a minimum of analysis or deeper argument. Still, it accomplishes what it sets out to achieve.
Jamesjoyce
So far so good. Should help a bit with my essay arguments
Jimmy
My favorite book in the series. Just terrific.
Mette Kowalski
I absolutely LOVE these series!
John
nonfiction,philosophy,logic
Eric
Ah. Comic Books.
Erlan Wheeler
Erlan Wheeler marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Pedro
Pedro marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Angellogabriel
Angellogabriel marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Bogdan
Bogdan marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Ryan White
Ryan White marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Eric Connelly
Eric Connelly marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Ibrahim
Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
September Michaud
September Michaud marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Marie Donaldson
Marie Donaldson marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Emma Hedegaard
Emma Hedegaard marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Jun 16, 2014
Daniel Stephens
Daniel Stephens marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
  • Introducing Time (Introducing (Icon))
  • Chaos for Beginners
  • Introducing Quantum Theory
  • Introducing Sartre (Introducing)
  • Introducing Linguistics
  • Introducing Philosophy
  • Introducing Critical Theory
  • Introducing Wittgenstein
  • Introducing Foucault
  • Introducing Semiotics
  • Introducing Derrida
  • Introducing Buddha (Introducing)
  • Introducing Chomsky
  • Introducing Nietzsche (Introducing...)
  • Introducing Evolutionary Psychology
  • Introducing Lacan (Introducing)
  • Freud for Beginners
  • Introducing Jung
Introducing Capitalism: A Graphic Guide Introducing Logic: A Graphic Guide (Introducing...) Introducing Graphic Guide box set - Think for Yourself: A Graphic Guide