Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1)

Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys #1)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  1,740 ratings  ·  68 reviews
...all signs point North for not-so-Saint-Nick

In a rare moment of recklessness, mild-mannered accountant Holly North lets her best friend guilt her into filling in as Mistress Christmas at Sugar Plums, a Christmas-themed strip club. Fearing she'll be recognized-or worse, considered a fraud-she dons a velvet mask along with the Mrs. Claus-meets-dominatrix costume. She's sho...more
Published December 2008 by Samhain Publishing

Lover Awakened by J.R. WardDark Lover by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesLover Eternal by J.R. WardLover Unbound by J.R. Ward
Books with the Hottest Sex!
236th out of 1,617 books — 1,731 voters
Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei JamesLong Hard Ride by Lorelei JamesRough, Raw, and Ready by Lorelei JamesTied Up, Tied Down by Lorelei JamesBranded as Trouble by Lorelei James
SAVE A HORSE RIDE A COWBOY
95th out of 479 books — 496 voters

More lists with this book...

Dina
I can always count on Lorelei James to deliver hot, steamy and fun stories. I just wish the cover of this book wasn't so, ugh, tacky. But hey, I've got it as an e-book, so why am I complaining? LOL!

Holly North is a shy accountant who, for reasons I'll never fully understand, agrees to don a dominatrix costume and fill in as Mistress Christmas at Sugar Plums, a "gentleman's" club - aka a high-class strip joint.

Detective Nick West isn't a regular at Sugar Plums - or any other strip joint, for that...more
Auntee
Apr 16, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Fans of erotic contemporaries
I loved it! This little story was cute, fun, and steamy hot! Typical Lorelei James story--plenty of sexy dialogue, smokin' hot love scenes, and two very likable leads.

Mild mannered accountant Holly North (against her better judgment) decides to do her client/friend Ivy, who is owner of a gentlemen's club, a favor and fill in for one of her under-the-weather strippers (known as 'Mistress Christmas'). No actual stripping involved, just some walking around in a revealing outfit and mingling with th...more
Michele Realitybitesblog
4 Sexy Hearts
Also posted at: http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

My Thoughts:

If you haven't read Lorelei's Rough Riders series--well you are TOTALLY missing out on some serious cowboy love!!! I was so excited to see this story was about one of the West boys (McCay cousin--McCay's dominate the Rough Riders series).

Mistress Christmas is a very short book with a hot storyline. Lots of times I read these short books and come up feeling empty, but not this one. This book was sexy--in only the way...more
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Holly, a mild-mannered accountant lets her best friend guilt her into filling in as "Mistress Christmas" at Sugar Plums, a Christmas-themed strip club....Nick a detective (who used to be a cowboy in Wyoming) is determined to discover how his friend was supposedly robbed by Mistress Christmas after a lap dance.

There is a lot of chemistry between them when they meet, and it is also kinda funny to see her trying to pull off being Mistress Christmas, and Nick trying to figure her out. They meet for...more
Sherri needs a twin
I think I must be in the minority of readers because this book just wasn't all that for me. It felt like a bland imitation of her Rough Riders series. Both characters were bland actually, and I only kept reading to give this a fair chance because I normally love her work. This I'd classify more like Rough Riders Light & Boring.

2 stars and a yawn.
MaggieReadsRom
3.5 stars!

When accountant Holly North decides to help her friend and client out and fill in for her regular stripper Mistress Christmas at the gentleman’s club her friend owns, she doesn't know Mistress Christmas is going to be under investigation by detective Nick West. His friend was drugged and robbed by the stripper during after a lap dance and Nick wants to catch her in the act. Instead he catches Holly who makes him a tempting offer: to indulge themselves in one night of unadulterated plea...more
Sandra
2.5 stars I was leaning more towards the 3 star rating but the ending was just so sappy I couldn't do it. I liked the general premise of this and thought it would be fun, sexy, and different. Their initial encounter is fraught with bad innuendos and cheesy come-ons, but I liked the whole idea of a misunderstanding because it leaves you anticipating the fall out. So I stuck with it.

Despite this being an erotic romance and the initial sex being hot, it actually got to be kind of boring because it...more
Amanda
How on earth could Nick NOT realize Holly is NOT a stripper normally??? Because seriously that was so obvious that she had no idea what she was doing in the strip club the first night.
Despite the colossal amount of blindness to what was in front of both characters when it came to one another this book was a great. The chemistry between Holly and Nick was immediate and all-consuming as well as intense from the very beginning.

This author is a great writer and she never disappoints when it comes a...more
Kathy Davie
First in the Wild West Boys romance series, a spin-off from James’ Rough Riders. This story is based in Denver, and the couple focus is on Nick West and Holly North.

My Take
This is about the West branch of the McKay family and fits in about where Cam has been back from Iraq for ten months, four months in Sundance; Colt has been sober two years now and moving out of the Boar’s Nest. Cam bought him and Buck out.

It's cute enough, too cute really---it does make a sweet Christmas tale. And I was impr...more
Stephanie
Great short to satisfy my Lorelei James obsession! LOL
Charlene
Mistress Christmas is the first book in the Wild West Boys series, a spinoff to Lorelei James' Rough Riders. Nick West (one of the McKay's cousins) has left Wyoming and is living in Denver working as a detective. When he goes to a strip club to privately investigate a robbery, he meets Holly, a normally mild mannered accountant who is filling in for Mistress Christmas, a stripper at the club.

I really enjoyed this peek at one of the West boys life outside of McKay country. I think if I hadn't re...more
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
What a great hot and quick read! I fell in love with Holly and Nick...what a great match! I thought the story was fairly unique and I didn't feel cheated by the length of the novella.

______________________________________________________________________

Menage Readers

Erotic Enchants

Bookie Nookie's Erotic eBook Exchange
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is book one of the Wild West Boys series by Lorelei James but it is also connected to the Rough Riders series. In reading order this would fall after book 5 Rough, Raw and Ready.
This is the story of Nick West and Holly North. Nick is a detective and Holly is an accountant, but a friend of hers convinces her to fill in as "Mistress Christmas" at her gentleman's club. They meet and sparks fly. After one night all the truths come out.
I really enjoyed this story. It was a nice sidestep from th...more
Jackie
Loved this book - read it in one day - Holly fills in for her friend as Mistress Christmas at a lap dancing place. Nick is a detective who is investigating mistress christmas as he believes she robbed money from one of his friends.

They are drawn to each other and Holly propositions Nick to one whole night of decadence - to which he obliges.

Great story, quite steamy at times but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Lovely ending!

I look forward to reading the next book about Nick's brother Blake!
Christine
You can usually count on Lorelei James for well-written, steamy stories with likeable characters. "Mistress Christmas" is no exception. Although it's fairly short, James manages to do a nice job of bringing Holly and Nick together at Christmas.

Holly's really a sweet character, and Nick is absolutely hot -- and they're great together. They're very real, and show genuine believable emotions.

A very nice sexy Christmas story.

iculookingatme
This is a great sexy story if you are in between involved novels and need a little bit of light relief.

Both characters are well suited and the story line is quirky and funny.

I love Lorelei James and this book is no more than expected of her writing style, with sexy strong male characters that make the shy leading lady shed her inhibitions ... with results the rest of us would kill to receive!
Karen
The wording and the way James described everything was really unusual and odd. The way she write isn't true to life and I couldn't get over it. She write things people just don't say; people don't talk that way. And the plot line was unrealistic to. Everything just kind of worked out perfectly and no true conflict. The characters weren't real either. But I guess it let's you live unrealistically.
Kimberly Walter
Holly North is helping out her friend at her stip club by being Mistress Christmas.
Nick West is a detective and he is the stip club to catch a thief red handed. But what he gets is a whole lot hotter.
They get together and have a whole night of hot passionate sex.

A hot and passionate read from beginning to end. Loved it. Can't wait to read more from the West side of the family.
Jessica
At first I thought that it might be like the other books by her but for some reason the book didn't strike my fancy like the rest of the book about the McKay/West families. It needed to get into a little bit more about them so I could understand where the characters were coming from. Although I knew the background of Nick was but not Holly.
Candace
A nice look at the West side of the family we got to know and love in the Rough Riders series (the McKays). While Nick was certainly not a main character in the Rough Rider books, he was mentioned so it was nice to learn more about his side of the family.

This was a cute story, but not very long.
Alison
Me having read a book called Mistress Christmas just cracks me up...and of course, it is about an accountant who fills in for a stripper at a Christmas themed nightclub...cause really, why wouldn't it be? Totally sweet and rather hot...fits right in with the McKay/West family...
Shelby P
I loved this story. Lorelei James is a genius. I really related to Holly's character. I want to be adventurous just like her. The plot was nice too. I can always tell when I love a book if I want to re-read it right after I've finished it the first time. Wonderful, short, HOT story!
Dawn ♥ romance
A cute erotic story set during the holidays. Not much substance except a steamy night but for a short story it touched on plenty of aspects important in a relationship. Accountant Holly fills in at her friends strip club and immediately attracts the attention of detective Nick.
Sophie
It's a light story, should definitely read for Christmas. It's easy to read, and although I found it a bit short, it's still great. At first I found Holly a little weird character, but as the story went on, it all fell just in place in those wonderful and strong events.
Michelle
I liked Nick and Holly (both separately and together), but I didn't love this book. I guess most people don't read Lorelei James books for the substance, so for a quick, sexy read, it probably delivered. I just like my stories with a bit more intensity, a bit more emotion.
Darcy
Fun, flirty and steamy minty goodness! Okay, so Holly is adorable as she releases her inner wild-woman to strut, not strip, for two nights. Nick is her perfect foil with his soft-heart and hard-body, and is the flint that causes her to go up in flames!!!!
Melissa
Short, sweet and sexy!! Lovely holiday short book about a couple who are hiding their true identities from each other. This is the first book I have read from Lorelei James and I have a feeling that I am going to start reading her series.
Laura (Kyahgirl)
3/5; 3 stars; B

Around Christmas its fun to read stories that celebrate the season. This one was a cute short story with likeable characters. There was a misunderstanding but it wasn't' taken to the point of being annoying.
Christina
Super hot quick read. I just grabbed these two books off amazon today when I realized there were a couple James' stories I had yet to read. She did not disappoint. This little novella is smoking. Nice girl plays naughty for Christmas.
Lorelei James Rom...: Mistress Christmas~Book One 35 25 Dec 30, 2013 07:23AM
Brand New Free Read And Book Release In Lorelei James' Rough Rider Series 1 11 Nov 09, 2010 08:59AM
  • UnRidden (Studs in Spurs, #1)
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch, #2)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Western Ties (Compass Brothers #4)
  • Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)
  • Naughty and Nice: A Holiday Romance Collection
  • Unforgiven (Lone Star Lovers, #2)
  • Wildcard (Wild, #3)
  • All's Fair (A McKnight Romance, #1.5)
  • The Wicked West
  • Cops and Cowboys (Cowboys and Captive, #1)
  • One of the Guys
  • Cocked And Loaded
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James...
Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders, #1) Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3) Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) Rough, Raw, and Ready (Rough Riders, #5) All Jacked Up  (Rough Riders #8)