Gimme My Money Back: Your Guide to Beating the Financial Crisis

Gimme My Money Back: Your Guide to Beating the Financial Crisis

2.6 of 5 stars 2.60  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  2 reviews
One way or another, you lost money as a direct result of the financial crisis. Now you have to start making it back, and you can do that by reading this book.

This book shows how the markets work and how to be involved, how to calculate personal risk tolerance based on personality, goals, age and years from retirement, how to avoid losing money, and how to use mutual funds,...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Sterling & Ross Publishers (first published December 10th 2008)

Janet
Was hoping this book would give me a new perspective to help me make smarter financial decisions, but unfortunately, I didn't learn anything new. So now even though I think I'm pretty well versed in what there is to know about investing, I still don't think I make the smartest decisions-- but no book can correct that!
Bill
I'm a big fan of Velshi's work at CNN, but this book doesn't offer any major new insight. It offers practical and simple advice for any investor, but a lot of the same information is available in most other personal finance books.
Madjag
Madjag marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Jeff
Jeff added it
Nov 25, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2013
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2012
Adrian
Adrian marked it as to-read
Manifest Stefany
Manifest Stefany marked it as to-read
Jeff
Jeff added it
Jun 05, 2011
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
May 25, 2011
Kkbapa
Kkbapa marked it as to-read
May 09, 2011
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2011
How to Speak Money: Becoming Fluent in the World's Most Important Language AARP How to Speak Money: The Language and Knowledge You Need Now How to Speak Money: The Language and Knowledge You Need Now The Big Fix: The Issues We Should Be Talking About, But Aren't AARP How to Speak Money