Start by marking “The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success” as Want to Read:
The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success

The EQ Edge: Emotional Intelligence and Your Success

A FULLY REVISED AND UPDATED EDITION OF THE INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER What does it take to be a firefighter? Fighter pilot? Top of the heap in the sales department? A brilliant customer service advisor? Esteemed and respected corporate leader?

What does it take to get ahead? To separate yourself from the competition" Lead a less stressful existence? To be fulfilled in persona
Paperback, Revised & Updated Edition, 351 pages
Published April 1st 2006 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The EQ Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The EQ Edge

Anna Stevens
Mar 16, 2013 Anna Stevens rated it it was amazing
Great book about Emotional Intelligence skills and sub-skills. Very detailed. The language is easy to understand. Examples are simple and relevant. I'd suggest to read this if you're curious how emotions impact your actions, interactions, and decision-making.
Jane
Jan 16, 2011 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book summarizes well the 15 areas of EQi AND the research on how they relate to success. Most of the self-identification questions are useful, and there are many good exercises for improving your own emotional intelligence. You can actually increase your EQi so it's worth investigating what is holding you back from fulfillment and how you might improve your ability to succeed at what is most important to you.
Maja vujinovic
Jan 23, 2009 Maja vujinovic rated it really liked it
Very eye opening and useful... things one would thing about and somewhere in the back of our minds know about but never attempt to practice or use until this book. If you are looking for a book to better yourself this is it.
Agustinus Susanto
Jan 08, 2008 Agustinus Susanto rated it really liked it
"Kita punya Segunung Emosi yang setiap saat akan tereksplosi. Pandai-pandailah mengendalikan emosi untuk hal2 yang positif. Jika yang terjadi sebaliknya adalah bomerang yang didapat".

Meski sering dibaca buku ini sulit dipraktikan, karena terkadang bertentangan dengan apa yg gw harapkan.
Erica
Apr 30, 2010 Erica rated it really liked it
Has great exercises, explains each point well. I think everyone could benefit from this book. EQ is very important in our holistic health, our success in family and friends and career. Highly recommended.
Sandra
May 14, 2008 Sandra rated it liked it
It's one of the best EQ books I have, easy subject index in the back of the book. Some parts read like stereo instructions, but overall it's been good.
Karen
Sep 29, 2016 Karen rated it liked it
Didn't buy some of it but interesting... Lots of self promotion in it though
Yury
Sep 01, 2014 Yury rated it really liked it
The book is very interesting and hands-on!

I have read it when I had issues with time pressure and didn't have enough time and skills to really understand myself. Some exercise from the book are amazing. Like, ABCDE-exercise for example. Elegant and simple tool to work with your underlying beliefs!

Although I was always thinking that its kind of not quite "XXI century" to make it on paper, so I has even started developing an app for that, and its in development right now. Hope, I will finish it so
PeterBlackCoach
Jan 25, 2016 PeterBlackCoach rated it really liked it
I have just reread this book as I am finding I am continuing to do more EQ work with clients who are looking to achieve greater personal and professional success - and it supports the Bar-On EQi and Bar_On EQ360 instruments which I am accredited to administer. The book examines the various EQ scales and sub-scales with both practical examples and self assessment exercises. Further details at http://www.peterblackcoaching.com/Hom...

PB
Paul Vieira
Nov 12, 2014 Paul Vieira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I had just completed a workshop on Emotional Intelligence, so this book rounded out the theory nicely. Beyond that, though, are some practical exercises - keep your journal handy! The writing wasn't gripping, but worth a read.
Stacy
Jun 12, 2016 Stacy rated it liked it
Shelves: library, 2016
Helpful as part of the EQi assessment and coach, but I'm not sure how helpful without that additional support
Mike
Sep 17, 2012 Mike rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I would really like this book, but I just couldn't make a connection. I want to explore the EQ subject more but will have to with another book.

TaleofGenji
Jan 05, 2013 TaleofGenji marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Olga Marchuk
Oct 10, 2014 Olga Marchuk rated it it was amazing
Great book! I recommend to read it if you are in search for understanding yourself more and people around you.
Lisa
Feb 21, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
A great book! Very insightful to how emotional intelligence plays a huge role in your life goals. I have learned much more about myself. Very clear and a recommended read. :)
J. Schmidt
Feb 11, 2014 J. Schmidt rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about the various EQ skills and the exercises and questions to self really get you started working on EI.
Barry McDermott
Barry McDermott rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Jenny
Jenny rated it liked it
Nov 26, 2010
Peter Freeman
Peter Freeman rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2015
Ben Campbell
Ben Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2015
Joshua Chua
Joshua Chua rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2014
Lisa Dahlem
Lisa Dahlem rated it liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C. rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2010
Wen Xiang
Wen Xiang rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2012
Ela Arnout
Ela Arnout rated it liked it
Feb 14, 2016
Kedren
Kedren rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2015
Khan Trav
Khan Trav rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Ивелин Илиев
Ивелин Илиев rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Fausto Nagai
Fausto Nagai rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Go Suck a Lemon: Strategies for Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
  • Career Match: Connecting Who You Are with What You'll Love to Do
  • Neuroscience of Personality: Brain Savvy Insights for All Types of People
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • Unstuck: Your Guide to the Seven-Stage Journey Out of Depression
  • Executive Coaching with Backbone and Heart: A Systems Approach to Engaging Leaders with Their Challenges
  • Polarity Management: Identifying and Managing Unsolvable Problems
  • The Other Kind of Smart: Simple Ways to Boost Your Emotional Intelligence for Greater Personal Effectiveness and Success
  • One Year to an Organized Work Life: From Your Desk to Your Deadlines, the Week-by-Week Guide to Eliminating Office Stress for Good
  • The Heart of Coaching: Using Transformational Coaching to Create a High-performance Coaching Culture
  • The Body Language of Liars: From Little White Lies to Pathological Deception How to See Through the Fibs, Frauds, and Falsehoods People Tell You Every Day
  • Leadership Coaching: The Disciplines, Skills, and Heart of a Christian Coach
  • POP!: Stand Out in Any Crowd
  • The Talent Management Handbook: Creating Organizational Excellence by Identifying, Developing, and Promoting Your Best People
  • The Path Redefined: Getting to the Top on Your Own Terms
  • Your Next Move: The Leader's Guide to Navigating Major Career Transitions
  • You Already Know How to Be Great: A Simple Way to Remove Interference and Unlock Your Greatest Potential
  • Control Your Destiny or Someone Else Will