Start by marking “Rumah Beratap Merah (The Family at Red Roofs)” as Want to Read:
Rumah Beratap Merah (The Family at Red Roofs)

Rumah Beratap Merah (The Family at Red Roofs)

Sebuah kisah menarik karya Enid Blyton — penulis kesayangan kalian! keluarga Jackson yang terdiri dari ayah, ibu, dua anak lelaki, dua anak perempuan, seorang pembantu rumah tangga, seorang tukang kebun, serta anjing kesayangan mereka mengalami musibah. Mereka diancam perpisahan. Tetapi, berkat keyakinan, ketekunan, dan kerja keras, keluarga itu berhasil menghindari perpis ...more
Published 1991 by PT Gramedia (first published 1945)

To ask other readers questions about Rumah Beratap Merah, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumah Beratap Merah

Nandakishore Varma
Jun 20, 2015 Nandakishore Varma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: enid-blyton
Another book I loved as a child. Children keep the family afloat, with mom in hospital and dad missing. Classic raw material for a Bollywood feel-good movie. Has it ever been made into one, I wonder?
Namratha
The Jackson children (Molly, Peter, Michael and Shirley) are ecstatic. They are moving from their stuffy/ dinky little house to a beautiful warm home on a green hillside called Red Roofs. Big plans, bigger dreams, loyal help, an loyal new pet and the promise of a glittering future makes the four children work hard, play harder and generally look forward to life with a rosy outlook.

But suddenly their father has to go abroad on work and their mother falls grievously ill. And just when the childre
Kate
Mar 25, 2008 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
Embarrassed to admit I actually cried while reading this book as an adult. EB's "family" stories are a bit more mature than her other books, and this one is probably the best.
Nesa Sivagnanam
Jan 25, 2011 Nesa Sivagnanam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The house, Red-Roofs, is introduced before the family and is described as a "little white-washed house" which "seemed to smile in the warm sunshine".

The family consists of Mr and Mrs Jackson, Molly aged 16, Peter aged 14, Michael aged 11 and Shirley aged 9. Mr Jackson has evidently done well at his work because the family are moving from a three bedroom house in a neighbourhood which "has gone down and down" to the five bedroom Red-Roofs although it is rented rather than owned — "He took from hi
Diarmaid
Oct 29, 2012 Diarmaid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dare I say anything on the internet, this book was to me the most incredible,'unblytonesque' enid blyton book i had ever read. Indeed as a child of blyton, i must say, as perhaps an odious, precocious, child i remember concluding this to myself, that as an Enid Blyton reader, like many, i had read, literally hundreds of her books, and had been vaguely aware of her, sexism, classism, anti-americanism, but i had borne that in mind, and disregarded it (it was part of the humour of the package) . I ...more
Indah W
Jul 19, 2009 Indah W rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovee with book so much!!

Rada2 mirips ama "House at The Corner" tapi beda2 rasa tipis walaupun sama bagusnya!

I love Enid Blyton's books, bukunya itu sarat cerita kehangatan keluarga and betapa ketika badai menghantam, we must stick together as family, bahu membahu melewati cobaan.

Gua baru tau kisah hidupnya si Enid dari teman gua and in a way gua ngerti kalo maybe for Enid, writing was an escape world for her from the harshness of reality.

Salah satu kemiripan nih buku ama "House at The Corner" a
Orinthia Lee
Buku ini sangat memorable. Buku novel tebel yang pertamaaaa kali kubaca, dan karena buku inilah, aku jadi suka baca novel sampai sekarang. Berkesan banget makanya... sayang, bukunya udah nggak tahu kemana T__T kayaknya waktu pindah rumah, ditinggal di rumah lama beserta buku-buku Enyd-ku yang lain....

Ceritanya sederhana, tentang keluarga yang tinggal di rumah beratap merah. Terus ada masalah-masalah yang terjadi dalam keluarga itu. Aku lupa persisnya apa, tapi aku masih inget coklat panas yang d
Areesha
It's been years since I last read this book and I have no idea where my copy is, but I loved it. In my opinion, every kid should read it.
I think this is one of the books that led to me being to independent when I was younger. Either way I loved it and now I'm definitely going to raid my entire house looking for it.
Parents, this is a book you HAVE to make your kids read.

01-02-2014
I love my university library. I found this book by luck and I plan on keeping it with me for this entire semester.
Rahma
Nov 24, 2016 Rahma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favourite book growing up..
Akshi
May 10, 2017 Akshi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
it was a little emotional in the middle when everything went wrong but the end is very sentimental and happy.
Mirella Grace
Jun 10, 2011 Mirella Grace rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teens
Suka banget ama ceritanya. Ini udah kedua or ketiga kalinya baca buku ini. Dibaca ulang karna buku ini (berikut buku buku Lima Sekawan) dikeluarin dari rak buku. Rencananya emang mo dipinjemin ke ponakanku (gak tega nyebut "dikasih")...

Ceritanya tentang 1 keluarga yang pindah rumah ke rumah beratap merah. Mereka berenam, keluarga bahagia. Bahkan ketika bencana melanda keluarga mereka (ayah mereka kecelakaan dalam kapal yang menuju Amerika dan ibu mereka sakit keras sehingga harus dirawat di ruma
Catherine Ryan
Jan 18, 2017 Catherine Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yet another Enid Blyton that I inherited from a family friend, at least 30 years ago (and the book itself is probably at least 40 years old by now!). And another Blyton I keep returning to re-read. The usual "Blyton-esque" family - hardworking father, sickly mother and four children (two boys and two girls) buying Redroofs. They also have a gardener boy (Jack Daw) and a old-fashioned maid to take care of the house generally - Miss "Jenny" Wren. The four children have many difficulties to face wh ...more
Eleanor
Nov 25, 2015 Eleanor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2015
Sandra Devi
Aug 03, 2014 Sandra Devi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaget juga waktu search buku jadul ini terus muncul. Masih ada di rak dan masih bisa dibaca, walaupun keadaannya (terutama sampul depan-belakang) sudah ketekuk-tekuk.
Ceritanya bagus buat para penikmat buku bertemakan kekeluargaan. Nilai-nilai dasar kebaikan seorang manusia juga diajarkan lewat buku ini secara tidak langsung. Kejujuran, kasih sayang, loyalitas, saling percaya, kerja keras, komplit ada di buku ini.
Fasti
Aug 15, 2007 Fasti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone! surely... :)
I can believe they have this one book...!!
I can't remember when I read it...maybe at elementary school, and it became my fave ever since..

I wonder where's that book now..?
Telling a story about a family that live in a big red roof house. Once they were one perfect happy family, and when a tragedy happend (i think...) the family short of torn apart, but...as long as I remember, it's a happy ending!

I'd love it found that book again ! anyone ? :)
Lexish
Jun 26, 2015 Lexish rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read Enid Blyton's Mallory Towers series at the recommendation of my British niece and really enjoyed the set (though I admit they have the somewhat stilted and moralistic tone found in children's literature from earlier eras). I saw this Enid Blyton's book in a store overseas and decided to try it. While adults
may find the story a little predictable or far-reaching, it was perfect as light reading for fun while traveling.
Maryam
It's the first long story I read when I was in school . I loved it since then .Back then I sort of imagined myself as one of the Jackson's and what would I do to help to bring money into the household . was thinking about it few days back . went to search for it in the store . found it nd enjoyed reading it again last evening . I just love it way too much , and I still cry a bit when I reach the emotional parts .
Jacinta
Apr 22, 2015 Jacinta rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, 2015
Pretty good Blyton standard. I was kind of horrified by the early scene where the dad is like "well, we can't afford this...but I'm probably getting promoted soon so we'll buy it anyway, and also get a gardener!" but I'm sure most kids won't notice it. The usual absolute gender norms but not too irritating, decent story.
Be
Sep 04, 2012 Be rated it really liked it
I read this when I was in elementary school. I still remember, it was quite good book. It's sad in the middle but happy in the end.

So sad that I lent this book to a friend, and it never returns.. I hope I could get a copy ot this book in Indonesia one day. :)
Liz
This was one of my favourite childhood books, I re-read it a couple of times as a child & I found a copy on Amazon a few months ago and bought it! It's a lovely story of children moving in to their new house and the carefree days that only young children know.
Mansi Singhal
Oct 20, 2013 Mansi Singhal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tasneem
This is such a good book about the need to do the best you can and be the best you can be. Enid Blyton is such a good writer, she really inspired me as a child.
Akeela
Oct 05, 2012 Akeela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
one of my all time favorite books growing up
Farah H
Apr 27, 2015 Farah H rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my go-to book whenever I needed some cheering up as a child.
Kaveri Sharma
One of my childhood favourites...a nice light read....excellent family values, how a family fights all odds n stays strong 2geder...
Atri
Aug 07, 2007 Atri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this enid blyton's book. I learnt how to survive as one family. And under all circumstances, family will always become the biggest support.
Tyas
Sep 16, 2008 Tyas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-children
A story of how a family sticks together in bad times - bringing tears to one's eyes.
Cherry Palad
Apr 20, 2012 Cherry Palad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this when i was 10 and i loved it so much! I'd surely read it again one of these days:)
Ftoomy Ali
lovely child story
  • Hari-Hari Bahagia di Bullerbyn
  • Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • Harry and the Wrinklies
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Fleur
  • Ghost Of Eagle Mountain (Girl Talk, #6)
  • Syarat Jatuh Cinta
  • Psychic Detective Yakumo Vol. 5 (Suzuka Oda)
  • Martine, petite maman
  • Teka-Teki Terakhir
  • 月刊少女野崎くん 4 [Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 4]
  • The Naughtiest Girl Wants to Win (The Naughtiest Girl, #9)
  • Why Always Me?
  • JUN!!!
  • Bidadari Santa Monica
  • The Chronicles of Audy: O2
(See also her pen name Mary Pollock)

Born in 1897 in South London, Enid Mary Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 1924 marriage to edito
More about Enid Blyton...