Start by marking “Never Burn a Witch (A Rowan Gant Investigation #2)” as Want to Read:
Never Burn a Witch (A Rowan Gant Investigation #2)

Never Burn a Witch (A Rowan Gant Investigation #2)

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  369 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
In 1484, then Pope Innocent VIII issued a papal bull -- A decree giving the endorsement of the church to the inquisitors of the day who hunted, tortured, tried and ultimately murdered those accused of heresy -- especially the practice of WitchCraft. Modern day Witches refer to this dark period of history as The Burning Times.Rowan Gant returns to face a nightmare long thou ...more
Published May 1st 2001 by Willowtree Press

To ask other readers questions about Never Burn a Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Never Burn a Witch

The Madness and the Magic by Sheena CundyThe Hum and the Shiver by Alex BledsoeWisp of a Thing by Alex BledsoeCrone's Moon by M.R. SellarsThe Law of Three by M.R. Sellars
Witchlit
6th out of 23 books — 6 voters
Storm Front by Jim ButcherDead Witch Walking by Kim HarrisonDead Beat by Jim ButcherSummer Knight by Jim ButcherDeath Masks by Jim Butcher
Best Occult Detective Novel Fiction
142nd out of 197 books — 224 voters

More lists with this book...

Ladysatel
Jan 26, 2016 Ladysatel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 2 of the Rowan Gant Investigator Series - Set in St. Louis, Missouri

Rowan is still having nightmares from the first case he worked as an Occult Practices and Alternative Religious Consultant a.k.a. the unofficial witch of the Major Case Squad. In addition to helping the police Rowan has his own computer consulting business and is a practicing witch.

When Rowan receives a call to help on a new case he feels it is his duty toaid in the investigation. Someone is targeting witches in the area an
Girlgeorge
Mar 29, 2015 Girlgeorge rated it liked it
Sticking with three stars for this one even though I'm getting used to the author's style choices. Easier for me to read and an interesting storyline , but parts of the book kept me scratching my head wondering why he wrote things the way he did. I am finding it hard to believe, even in a fictional world, there are people either that naive, that smart, that stubborn, and/or that stupid to do some of the things that get done in this book.

With that said...I also caught myself snapping at my husba
Siew Ee
Mar 08, 2012 Siew Ee rated it liked it
This book is very much like the first in the series “Harm None” where witches were the target victims. And like the first book, there is one main plot, and we have Ben enlisting Rowan’s help in solving the crime. It was a painful read for me, not because of a bad plot, but because of the suffering, both mental and physical, that Rowan endured the whole time he was involved. (view spoiler) ...more
Doris
Mercedes Lackey did much the same sort of thing with her Diana Tregarde stories, only much better.

I didn't much like the first book (Harm None), but I thought it showed enough promise to give a second book a try. But in this one, Gant behaves like an idiot, and a preachy one, at that.
Jenn Dattilo Watts
Aug 03, 2011 Jenn Dattilo Watts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
Michele bookloverforever
horrific crimes....a witch Hunter using the malleus malefactorum...2torture, execution...inquisition reborn and all wiccans at risk.
Jul 07, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it
Rowan does it again - a case that tears him up even as he solves it with a little modern magic.
Cynthisa
Aug 03, 2014 Cynthisa rated it did not like it
Ugh! I give up! This author's purple prose is giving me a headache!
Gigi
Actual rating 3.5 stars
Cathy (cathepsut)
I was looking forward to this second book in the Rowan Gant Investigations. And it was still good. But I did not find this story as interesting as the first one. Not very in-depth. A lot of fluff and flowery descriptions around a fairly straight forward and brief main story line. Felicity's auburn mane started to go on my nerves, just slightly. And how many times can Ben Storm stroke the back of his neck to indicate deep thought processes? And we still haven't found out, why the killer in the fi ...more
Dixie Schulz
May 20, 2016 Dixie Schulz rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The characters are like old friends. can't wait to read the next one. Keep them coming
Angela
Apr 16, 2010 Angela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, witch
i think I enjoyed Harm None more, but this was still an enjoyable read. Its good to have a Pagan writing a Pagan. I agree with catsalive about the Felicity description -- OK, WE GET IT, SHE IS A HOT LITTLE IRISH NUMBER -- but I still enjoyed the story.

Just a quote I liked " ...make a note to ask Ben if there was some statistical reason known only to law enforcement as to why dead bodies seemed to turn up in the middle of the night." pg 207
Lynn
Jul 05, 2009 Lynn rated it liked it
This was a decent book, but somehow I expected it to be better. It may not be the fault of the writer, but more my fault for not having the proper amount of time per sitting to read it. The plot was pretty good but there were times I wanted to slap some sense into the main character. I'd still recommend this book, though, and am even working on another one in this series currently.
Kirsten Lenius
Nov 18, 2012 Kirsten Lenius rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Rowan Gant series, this story was both well-written and entertaining. The interactions with the spirits of the victems and the killer, kept me on the edge of my seat. And the end? You'll have to read to see! Well done.
Lel
Jan 28, 2015 Lel rated it it was amazing
I think this is a great follow up to the first book. The characters are developing well. The story line has all the power and thrills of the first book and only the promise of getting better as thus series progresses.
Marvin
Sep 04, 2012 Marvin added it
I read this book as part of the Ghoul Squad three-in-one volume that included the first three books. I read the whole thing in just a couple of days, because I found it hard to put down.
Montanasmith
Sep 08, 2012 Montanasmith rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
The first one was good and kept me guessing about the killer. Thought I'd give another one a try.

*** not as good as the first one - rather disappointed****
Lisa
Sep 27, 2009 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fellow Wiccans
Right now all I can say about this book is "Don't read it at night." it can and it will scare the hair off your head.
Annarella
Oct 29, 2010 Annarella rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, fantasy, mystery
Liked it. Read it at night and I havke to admit that there were a lot of strange noises around :)
Georgia
Aug 20, 2008 Georgia rated it it was amazing
it is a very good mistery for the mistery lover. Slow start but gets better as you read.
Alda
May 04, 2012 Alda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was a great read and the auther is a very charming man!!
Valora
Sep 10, 2009 Valora rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Intense and delightfully creepy!

Trish
Aug 10, 2011 Trish rated it did not like it
Too focused on the gruesome.
Elina
Elina marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Theda Antrican
Theda Antrican rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Megan
Megan added it
Jul 24, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2016
Allison Sanders
Allison Sanders marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
  • The Witch Is Dead (Ophelia & Abby, #5)
  • The Divine Circle of Ladies Making Mischief (A Cass Shipton Mystery #3)
  • Bell, Book, and Murder: The Bast Mysteries
  • The Heart of the Witch
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • Grimm Fairy Tales Vol. 7
  • Song in the Dark (Vampire Files, #11)
  • The Cold Heart of Capricorn (Elizabeth Chase, #2)
  • Be Careful What You Witch For (A Family Fortune Mystery, #2)
  • The Witches of Dixie (Witchery, #1)
  • Wizard at Large (The Dresden Files, #6-7)
  • The Best of John Bellairs: The House with a Clock in Its Walls; The Figure in the Shadows; The Letter, the Witch, and the Ring
  • Beneath a Mountain Moon
An active member of the HWA (Horror Writers Association), M. R. Sellars is a relatively unassuming homebody who, in his own words, considers himself just a “guy with a lot of nightmares and a word processing program.” Legend has it he started making up stories to entertain a stuffed bear during his single digit years, then began writing them down sometime around his early teens when the growing ca ...more
More about M.R. Sellars...

A Rowan Gant Investigation (10 books)
  • Harm None (A Rowan Gant Investigation #1)
  • Perfect Trust (A Rowan Gant Investigation #3)
  • The Law of Three (A Rowan Gant Investigation #4)
  • Crone's Moon (A Rowan Gant Investigation #5)
  • Love Is the Bond (A Rowan Gant Investigation #6)
  • All Acts of Pleasure (A Rowan Gant Investigation #7)
  • The End of Desire (A Rowan Gant Investigation #8)
  • Blood Moon (A Rowan Gant Investigation #9)
  • Miranda (	A Rowan Gant Investigation #10)