Start by marking “Another Alice: An Inspiring True Story Of A Young Woman's Battle To Overcome Rheumatoid Arthritis” as Want to Read:

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Love, lust, boys and coursework - the main worries of a teenage girl? Not for eighteen-year-old Alice Peterson, who, at the height of her youth and an extremely promising tennis career, was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis. In the midst of shock and denial, and the enduring question, 'Isn't it old people who get arthritis?', Alice had to learn to live with what quickly ...more
Published December 15th 2008 by Icon Books Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Another Alice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Alice

Megan Readinginthesunshine
I love Alice Peterson’s fiction books, and knowing a little bit about her personal background, I was eager to read her book Another Alice, a true story about how when she was at the height of a huge and promising tennis career, was then diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis.

I don’t want to say that I loved this book (even though I did!) because that doesn’t quite sound right, but it touched me and it moved me in a way that I haven’t felt in a while.

Alice is very honest about her life, and we see h
Robyn
My mum has RA and gave me this book to read. Gives great hope for RA sufferers that you will eventually find your "magic drug" :)
Bookevin
www.iheart-chicklit.blogspot.com

Why you would love this:
I was so thrilled when I received this in the post, I started on it immediately and I finished it the next day! That is how good it is. Although it is not fiction, but I think this book is definitely worth reading and I really enjoyed it.

Another Alice is a non-fiction, autobiographic novel written by a truly inspiring author. It focuses on Alice Peterson's life before and after it was plagued by rheumatoid arthritis. It's the story of a you
Sue
Alice is a talented tennis player, and a determined young lady, apparently destined for stardom. She has excellent self-discipline, she is strong, and appears to have just the right amount of competitive spirit.

We follow Alice through six years where tennis becomes increasingly important to her. By the time she's eighteen, she's considered one of the top eight young players in the UK.

Then disaster strikes. This isn't unexpected: The first chapter describes her, at the age of 24, desperately hop
Laura of Lurking
Having suffered from a condition that has severely restricted my movement and lifestyle since the age of eleven this book really struck a chord with me.

Written in a frank style,sometimes funny, sometimes heart wrenching, I think this is a biography that will affect anybody who reads it and will linger for a long time after the last page has been turned. A must read for everyone
Samhazy
OMG -- she has described the horrendous journey from diagnosis through acceptance and resignation perfectly. The death of dignity and the rearranging of your life, your hopes, dreams and expectations is all there. I just wish I could say that I am handling it all as well as she is.
Natalia Gameson
I like to sink into financial greed and suffering for light reading, and as a tale of health woe, this is a good 'un. Zippily paced, if you are at all curious about rheumatoid arthritis or just fancy spending a few hours being grateful that you don't have it, this is the read for you.
Emilyjmj
The first three quarters of the book were interesting and kept me reading. The last quarter was boring with no real ending and read like a health manual or something - very dull!
Cath
Really well worth reading. Sad and amazingly sensitive book. I enjoyed it right up to the last few pages, which I think should have been an appendix, but it was a great book.
Kirstie
A very interesting and honest account if this lady's battle with Rheumatoid Arthritis
June Howarth
Lovely read heartbreaking keep tissues handy
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Sup Suppaiboonsuk
Sup Suppaiboonsuk marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Karen Nelson
Karen Nelson marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Judith
Judith added it
May 11, 2015
Georgina
Georgina marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Claudette Pace
Claudette Pace marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Nashwa
Nashwa added it
Feb 20, 2015
Cathy Mason
Cathy Mason marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Dianne Hawkins
Dianne Hawkins marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Betty Howarth
Betty Howarth marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Kaitlyn Wood
Kaitlyn Wood marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Linda Phillips
Linda Phillips marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
At the age of eighteen Alice had been awarded a tennis scholarship to America when she experienced pain in her right hand. It was rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and she hasn’t picked up a tennis racket since, a sadness that shall always be with her. The theme of disability features in her fiction, but there is nothing gloomy about Alice or her work. Rather this gives her fiction the added dimension of ...more
More about Alice Peterson...
Monday to Friday Man Ten Years On By My Side One Step Closer To You You, Me and Him