Start by marking “Reunion” as Want to Read:
Reunion

Reunion

Following the acclaimed success of Souvenir, Therese Fowler’s captivating new novel will resonate with every woman who has wondered what if—as a heartfelt drama of buried secrets and daring passion unfolds.

Celebrity talk show host Blue Reynolds is the queen of daytime television—she is smart, funny, and as down-to-earth as her adoring fans. In the eyes of the world, she ha
Published March 24th 2009 by Ballantine Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Reunion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reunion

Jackie
Feb 26, 2009 Jackie rated it really liked it
Recommended to Jackie by: Therese
Therese Fowler's sophomore book shows that she just keeps getting better and better. Reunion tells the story of Blue Reynolds, a nationally popular talk show host with a past that she's hidden for years--a short time in her heartbroken youth that led her to partying, doing drugs and ultimately giving a baby up for adoption. She discretely begins to search for that child 20 years later, ironically at the same time her career leads her to the same man who broke her heart back then. Past and presen ...more
Carla
Aug 06, 2011 Carla rated it did not like it
Horrible horrible book. I couldn't even finish it. I wish there was a way to give negative stars. I Wouk have to give this book at least negative 3 stars. I don't think I will be adding any more books by this author to my reading list. I'm just glad I got it on clearance for less than $4.00. I understand now why it was on the clearance rack to soon. Do your self a favor and do not even try reading this book.
Shona
Jul 23, 2009 Shona rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So this book was just a bit dull, with a storyline that is only really interesting in the last 30 pages or so. The book follows a famous chat show host who gave a son up for adoption and now wants to find him. Well so I thought until I read the book and found that this is only really dealt with in about 50 pages and the rest is a silly little love triangle storyline involving the father of the son who was adopted and his son from another woman. Thrilling.
Pattim
Jan 13, 2013 Pattim rated it really liked it
Having read Theresa Fowler's first and second books, I am looking forward to future reads.
Ns
Jun 24, 2010 Ns rated it really liked it
Therese Fowler brings some of the most compelling characters to life. I found this to be true in her debut novel Souvenir, and Reunion was no exception.

More promising than the premise, are characters who come to life in the most insightful, and compelling ways. Blue Reynolds is a woman at crossroads in her life, only it is a road she has long ago chosen and deliberately followed in the hopes of leaving her past behind. She creates her own reality, a reality that is better than one that requires
Serena
May 27, 2009 Serena rated it really liked it
Therese Fowler's Reunion examines the secrets many of us carry and how they can direct our lives and decisions. While some could consider this a light read, it deals with a number of deep issues, including teen pregnancy.

Harmony Blue Kucharski/Reynolds is a young girl with a deep crush on a junior professor and son to her boss, Mitch Forrester. After a whirlwind romance, Mitch breaks her young heart, and she embarks on a destructive path that ultimately leads her to a decision that must be kept
Bonnie
May 23, 2009 Bonnie rated it liked it
Reunion is the perfect book to escape the world for a few days or even a weekend, it will only take you that long to finish this wonderful novel. I was captivated by Reunion from the very first page and I was swept away right into the world of Harmony Blue and her life from the past to the present.

Harmony Blue reinvents herself into Blue Reynolds, the celebrity talk show host who appears to have everything she could ever want...or does she? We learn of choices that Blue has made in the past as a
Laurel-Rain
Apr 08, 2009 Laurel-Rain rated it it was amazing
Once upon a time, a young girl named Harmony Blue Kucharski had big dreams. Despite all the evidence to the contrary – an unsettled childhood and adolescence only the least of it – she was a most unlikely candidate for the destiny she imagined for herself.

Fast forward more than twenty years to the confident, popular talk-show host of “The Blue Reynolds Show” in Chicago, and discover that some dreams do come true after all.

But what did that little girl Harmony Blue have to do to spin these dreams
Jodi
Nov 08, 2012 Jodi rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
One thing I liked about this book is that it isn't about what it appears to be. It starts when Harmony Blue gives birth to a healthy baby boy and gives him up for adoption. She doesn't really have a choice. She wants him to have a better life than what she has at the time, which is nothing. Fast forward 18 years and Harmony Blue is Blue Reynolds, another Oprah Winfrey out of Chicago. She's searching, in secret, for the child she gave up for adoption. Meanwhile, she has the chance to get back tog ...more
Donna
Mar 31, 2012 Donna rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Romantics
I need a trip back to Key West, yesterday!!!! (3-11-12)

Tho truly a bit of "cheesy romance," it was just what I needed to unwind after reading endless student essays. The Key West setting did have me right back at "The Speak Easy" - our quasi-B&B on Duval Street- and I could follow the characters around town with the authentic descriptions of places like Hemmingway's Homestead, the Truman Annex/Little White House, and Mallory Square for sunsets.

The story had an "Oprah-esque" quality to it, wi
Andrea
May 26, 2009 Andrea rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I think I might have felt an immediate connection with Blue since my undergrad was in broadcast journalism. But the way that Ms. Fowler wrote the characters in Reunion really made me feel the warmth from each of them. I was hooked on this book from the very beginning (and I suppose that the reference to the band Journey helped some since I have become obssesed with them in the past couple of months). I liked the ways that the characters interacted and I liked each and ...more
Jaime
Jul 10, 2016 Jaime rated it really liked it
Blue is best thought of here as “the white Oprah”. She’s enormously rich, enormously famous, and hiding an enormous secret that not even her own mother knows – she gave up a child for adoption when she was young and irresponsible and suffering from a broken heart. Reunion is the story of what happens when your past comes back to haunt you, and in this case the haunting is both good and bad. Blue is able to reconnect with a lost love, discover a new one, and at the end must make one of the bigges ...more
Peggy
Aug 28, 2009 Peggy rated it liked it
Novel of a women (Blue) who has achieved success as a host of a TV daytime interview show. She tries to balance her career success with her past choices. In her past she has given up a baby for adoption and walked away from a man she loved. There are also complications involving her mother and sister. She has many loyal friends. Blue tries to chart a new course in a small house in Key West. The book echoed Ophrah's life story in some ways. I thought the book was slow at the beginning. The last t ...more
Jen
May 24, 2011 Jen rated it liked it
This one didn't draw me in immediately, the way Exposure and Souvenir both did, though the author still manages to weave a compelling tale, drawing the reader right along.

I was very pleased with the journey, til I reached the first of the final three chapters. I think it all derailed a bit suddenly. Granted that kind of story and that kind of lifestyle is unpredictable -the events weren't unrealstic, just unexpected. I'd have liked to have seen things go much differently. I'd have liked to have
Tattered Cover Book Store
cecilia
Jun 22, 2009 cecilia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blue-covers
I was pleasantly surprised at how unputdownable Reunion was! Right from the start, I became immersed with Blue - almost as if I was part of her fan club, but I had the insider scoop that made her less invincible and more human. Her history with Mitch was more complicated than I made it out to be (he being several years older than her with some divorces under his belt) - and I could see the great influence each of them had on the other, but most especially Mitch's influence on Blue. Therese Fowle ...more
Bird
I admit that it got off to a bit of a slow start, and I was impatient for it to get going. But once I settled down and got into the grove of the book, I fell in love.

The narration switches between Blue, her old boyfriend Mitch, and Mitch's son Julian. It took me a while to warm up to Julian, but I liked him quite a bit by the end of the story.

***SPOILERS***
The ending felt rushed and left me feeling unfulfilled. He just shows up at her doorstep and suddenly they're in love and living happily ever
Kim
Apr 25, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it
I always enjoy those books where the main character discovers themselves by doing something crazy. In this case falling in love with someone she shouldn't while buying a cute little cottage with a gorgeous garden in Key West on a whim and then quitting her job. Makes me want to visit Key West and discover some cute little cottage that I absolutely have to have.

The guy she ends up with kinda squeabs me out.. SPOILER ALERT. She falls in love with the son of the man she loved 23 years prior. A man
Lorahl
Jul 26, 2014 Lorahl rated it did not like it
Not a fan of books that "lead you on". Got to the end of the book and absolutely nothing in this story was resolved. I hate feeling like I wasted my time reading this, but I did. I was as clueless at the end of the book as I was at the beginning. Seriously. I'm sure I was supposed to draw some great wisdom on the growth of Blue. I didn't. Entire story left Unresolved. And that makes me just feel like the author is either a tease or to lazy to finish it.
Alissa
Jun 22, 2011 Alissa rated it liked it
I liked her note at the back of the book about second books. She likened it to a second song from a band with a big hit. It needs to sound like the band, but not be just like the first song.

This book had similarities to the first, but with enough difference to not be super predictable. Overall a good summer read. Did not realize author lives in Wake Forest. References to Chapel Hill and local flavor fun.
Catherine
Sep 19, 2013 Catherine rated it liked it
I want to read Fowler's novel about Zelda Fitzgerald, but the library didn't have that one, so I figured I'd try out a different Fowler novel to see if I like her style.

And I do. This novel was well written, enjoyable. The plot holds no surprises, but that's okay. It talks about Key West and Hemingway (a character is a Hem scholar), two topics I like, and the characters are developed and interesting.

Nothing profound here, but a fine beach read.
Andrea
Sep 15, 2009 Andrea rated it liked it
Nice story with lots of romantic tension. "Blue" is a talk show hostess based in Chicago. She has a secret - she gave up a baby for adoption when she was 19. She never told her family she was pregnant. Now 20plus years later she wants to find the young man. She also finds her first love but falls for his son instead. When her secret is revealed - all the vicious media junkies attack and Blue quits her show.
Jessica
Jul 21, 2009 Jessica rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: chick lit fans
Blue Reynolds is an incredibly successful talk-show host (think Oprah) who looks like she has everything she could possibly want in life. But, Blue has a few secrets from her past that are holding her back - namely an illigitate son she gave up for adoption when she was 19. In the span of a few months Blue will have the opportunity to reconnect with an old flame and re-invent her life as well. A well-written and interesting chick lit book.
Tiffany
Feb 23, 2010 Tiffany rated it really liked it
This book I totally judged by its cover. It was in the New Books section of the library, the cover was cute, so I picked it up. And boy am I glad I did! It was such an enjoyable read. The story hooked me from the start and kept me there until the end. I couldn't wait to turn the page and see what would happen next.

It was a feel-good story too which always serves to lighten my mood. I would definitely recommend this book!
Jun 29, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
This was just the type of book I was in the mood for, a good story, told simply, a bit on the light side. I have to say that the main character had a little too much in common with Oprah for me not to think of her, which I found a bit cheesy. This is a good women’s fiction selection. I liked the author’s previous book, Souvenir, even better.
Stacey
Mar 15, 2013 Stacey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I kept reading expecting something big or exciting to happen and it just didnt. This was a charity shop buy and went straight back in the charity shop bag when I was done as nt worth keeping to read again or lend to a friend.
Really just felt like I had wasted my time in reading it. None of the characters were likeable and I couldn't relate to any of them.
Christine
Sep 05, 2009 Christine rated it it was ok
Nicole
Mar 14, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
This was a hard one to rate. At times, I was bored to tears then a bit later I would become so engrossed I couldn't wait to see what happened next. It was a bit of a predictable storyline and I was disappointed that there wasn't more focus on the illegal adoption, which is the main reason I wanted to read the book. It still had its enjoyable moments.
Bridget Bailey
This is my first book by this author and the book was just ok. It kept you reading but it was a strange story and didn't feel like it fulfilled you with the ending. It was not boring or unbelievable just kind of blah nothing exciting. It's not a bad read and someone else may love it but it just didn't gdo anything for me.
Lexie Miller
Jul 31, 2016 Lexie Miller rated it liked it
Running from her past Blue Reynolds sucks you wishing her the happiness she should have and helping her to decide if she should go for her high school sweet heart that was her driving force for success or his smoking hot son? In the end it was a decent feel good read that has you thinking about prior romances, family and how to find your happiness.
  • Bella
  • The Look of Love
  • So Happy Together
  • Lucy Gets Her Life Back
  • Sleepwalking in Daylight
  • Winter Storms (Winter, #3)
  • Everyone She Loved: A Novel
  • Belonging
  • Skies of Ash(Detective Elouise Norton #2)
  • Still the One