High Wired: On the Design, Use, and Theory of Educational MOOs

High Wired: On the Design, Use, and Theory of Educational MOOs

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
High Wired is a collection of essays designed to integrate all aspects of the use and administration of the virtual educational communities known as MOOs (Multiple-user, Object-Oriented environments). MOOs were originally designed as a space for online social interaction. While MOOs bear a resemblance to the "chat rooms" with which many people are familiar, they differ in...more
Published November 27th 2001 by University of Michigan Press (first published May 15th 1998)

TK Keanini
This book captures everything one can experience without actually getting on a MOO and playing. BayMOO is a MOO that I started some 13 years ago. Lets see that would be BayMOO 13 years, 7 months, 19 days, 23 hours, 3 minutes, and 51 seconds ago. I have BayMOO keep track of its age for me. :-)

Amy Bruckman is not at Geogia Tech, Pavel Curtis made his fortune selling Placeware to Microsoft, the rest of us, we are still playing in MUDs having fun.

MOO's have always appealed to those who seek non-zer...more
Milokp
Milokp added it
Oct 22, 2013
Himanshu
Himanshu marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2011