Forever in Your Embrace

Forever in Your Embrace

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  1,640 ratings  ·  30 reviews
On a dark and dangerous road, a daring British adventurer saves the life of a countess of royal blood. In all his travels, Colonel Tyrone Rycroft has never encountered a woman as breathtaking, alluring, and inscrutably mysterious as the bewitching Synnovea. But his selfless bravery has drawn him into peril - and into an inescapable web of intrigue and seduction.

In an opu

Paperback, Author's Preferred Edition, 582 pages
Published September 25th 2007 by Avon (first published 1992)

Korynn
This is the most atrocious of all the Woodiwiss books I have read. It was, frankly, terrible and I must detail all the offenses. Our protagonist is a Russian countess, unbelievably beautiful and amazingly learned and independent (with a stereotypical Irish maid for some reason (faith and begorra!)). She is assaulted by bandits. There is a most unbelievable lengthy scene in which she banters with the chief bandit for those who get off on witty rejoinders before being swept away on a horse against...more
Pamela(AllHoney)
A British Colonel and a Russian Countess. It was just okay for me. Nothing special. It just didn't have that special something that Ms Woodiwiss' earlier works did.
Judith
I'd advise the author to read at least a book on Russian history before taking such arrogance to write "historical" novels. It's ridiculous to read about socializing "boyarinas" and pools in Russian banyas (bathhouses). It was much more fun to understand that the author doesn't even realize the difference between Russian first-name, father's-name and family name, not speaking about the fact that she invented absolutely absurd names for the characters. So, the fiction is a complete slapdash and b...more
Owusua Adwoa Ayeh
I thought no matter what luv always pulls through.
Jessica
Ive come to the conclusion im not really a huge fan of historical romances. I like a few but those are the ones that probably really arent that historically accurate. ive always loved this book but this go round i found more things that annoyed me than the other times ive read it but i cant exactly give it a bad rating for it since the things i dont like are in there to make them more historically accurate.
Heroine: mixed bag of tricks. sometimes shes very stubborn and headstrong which makes me h...more
Jenni
Well I have been away for the last couple of days...i was visiting Russia this time. After seeing the Heroine safely through the the threat of rape and encountering the hero in a most provocative way I was completely wrap up in the story clear to end. Yes I know what you are all saying...Don't you read anything but romance novels? Well...I was given a stack of Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's Novels and I am intent on finishing them so I can return them. Not that I am not enjoying myself along the way. :...more
Katja
Now... the rating is from my 15-year-old self. Since this book just might be so embarracing and misogynist, that the current me would like to use it to warm up the sauna. Seriously, unless you're a hardcore harlequin romance fan, who doesn't care how the women are treated and what they're willing to forgive for uh... love? then DO NOT READ THIS. :D But for a 15-year-old romance starving me this was the shits. Oh well. Never claimed that I had or have a good taste in books.

I remembered this book...more
I have read this book several times. Each time I do, I become less enchanted with it, but to be fair, I have come to dislike romance novels in general. It is an enjoyable read, especially for the first time, but I have grown so tired of the fiery maiden, so unlike her peers, with perfect beauty that no man can resist, meets jaded, but rugedly handsome stranger, blah, blah, blah. Still, if you like detailed historical romances and don't find the usual formulas annoying, then by all means read awa...more
Laine
i was kind of disappointed with this book. from the moment i started reading this the story has a very slow-paced plot, but when i get to the middle part that is where the story really begins for me. could have given it a higher rate if only kathleen woodiwiss would have taken the story that will make the reader excite. i did like colonel tyrone rycroft' and synnovea's character that made me fall for them. the chemistry and passion is there although they would not admit it at once. and in all st...more
Jay
Woodiwiss' novels seem to deteriorate as time goes by - the early ones are fun but seem to give a good history lesson, or at least the story is so good that the history is secondary. But these later ones are just a bunch of fluff. I read it, but wouldn't really recommend it.

Read the earlier ones - Shanna, Flame and the Flower, Wolf and the Dove, A Rose in Winter. The ones that link to Flame and the Flower are pretty good (I think Petals on the River had a "Home Alone" flavor to it, fun!).
Gina
I like romance found in an historical fiction, but when a book centers around it...not so much...because they tend to become really stupid. I think if you like romance, this is an excellent book. It takes place in Russia during the time of the czars. I enjoyed that aspect, and would love to read some historical fiction from that time and place. It has the usual trappings of a romance book, which if you are in the mood for, are just fine!
Angelyn Schmid
The wonder of Woodiwiss is here. Not her best book but then, her average books are better than most historical romance out there. Thank heavens the heroine lives in seventeenth century Russia and has a fabulous name. And yes, I love hearing how beautiful she is and that every man pursues her. A vicarious thrill.
Desiree
If you like a good romance but one that has a great story to go along with it, then you won't find a better writer than Kathleen Woodiwiss. I've read every book she wrote just about and loved them all. She made me enjoy reading again. Not sure when I read this as it was years ago. :)
Ilze Griqua
"Forever in your embrace" was the very first historical romance novel I read. This was the book that made me fall in love with historical romances. The hero is dashing and courages, the heroine beautiful and gracefull. The author makes you feel what the characters are feeling.
Suzanne
Not her best. Very long and windy, I found myself skipping chunks of the book as it got repetitious and boring. She's still the best historical romance writer out there, but her later novels are nowhere as good as the early ones.
Margherita Dolcevita
Decisamente l'ambientazione russa non fa per me. E' stato una discreta delusione, troppo lungo, troppo descrittivo, troppe pagine inutili, insomma un po' un mattone, e per un libro romance è un bell'insulto.
Roxanna Cross
Normally, I enjoy a Woodiwiss read - however this one seemed to drag and I found myself wondering when she would get the point. Definitely less captivating then some of her other works.
Kim
I am hooked. Having a hard time putting it down and as you know I don't have a spare moment right now. Plus it's over 500pages. I'll give it to you when I'm done.

Godiva Rachel
I love how the setting is in Russia... It's romantic, mysterious and enchanting :) the story reminds me of Kleypas' Because Your Mine.
Nancy Chaddick
I have read her books again and again whenever I need a good dose of romance.
JJ
Long and rambling historical romance that isn't anything special.
Flodico
It is a romantic novel. Takes place Russia in the 1620's.
Nameisha Dennis-Brown
lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve this book so much
Nellie
I threw this one away. Very explicit sex.
April Jensen
Historical Fiction with heat. So good!
Supersamoketta
letto in italiano!!!
  • Lady Vixen
  • Dark Fires (Morgan-Challenger, #2)
  • Chance The Winds of Fortune
  • Deceived
  • Love, Cherish Me
  • Paradise Wild
  • The Hawk and the Dove
  • Till Dawn Tames the Night
Kathleen Erin Hogg was born on June 3, 1939, in Alexandria, Louisiana, she was the youngest of eight siblings by Gladys (Coker) and Charles Wingrove Hogg, a disabled World War I veteran. She long relished creating original narratives, and by age 6 was telling herself stories at night to help herself fall asleep. At age 16, she met U.S. Air Force Second Lieutenant Ross Eugene Woodiwiss at a dance,...more
More about Kathleen E. Woodiwiss...
The Wolf and the Dove The Flame and the Flower Shanna A Rose in Winter Ashes in the Wind