Start by marking “Forever in Your Embrace” as Want to Read:

3.84  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,083 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
On a dark and dangerous road, a daring British adventurer saves the life of a countess of royal blood. In all his travels, Colonel Tyrone Rycroft has never encountered a woman as breathtaking, alluring, and inscrutably mysterious as the bewitching Synnovea. But his selfless bravery has drawn him into peril - and into an inescapable web of intrigue and seduction.

In an opu

Paperback, Author's Preferred Edition, 582 pages
Published September 25th 2007 by Avon (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Forever in Your Embrace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever in Your Embrace

Korynn
May 15, 2008 Korynn rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
This is the most atrocious of all the Woodiwiss books I have read. It was, frankly, terrible and I must detail all the offenses. Our protagonist is a Russian countess, unbelievably beautiful and amazingly learned and independent (with a stereotypical Irish maid for some reason (faith and begorra!)). She is assaulted by bandits. There is a most unbelievable lengthy scene in which she banters with the chief bandit for those who get off on witty rejoinders before being swept away on a horse against ...more
Joshua
I've been slowly reading through the plethora of Woodiwiss books that I seem to be accumulating. I've been dreading this one because I've seen a lot of really terrible reviews, so I prepared myself for the worst and expected nothing.

I was pleasantly surprised.
By no means is this book perfect, and I certainly wouldn't recommend this to anyone but fans of Woodiwiss. Purple prose, historical inaccuracies, bad pacing etc... but I didn't hate this, I actually enjoyed it.
I guess something about her
Pamela(AllHoney)
A British Colonel and a Russian Countess. It was just okay for me. Nothing special. It just didn't have that special something that Ms Woodiwiss' earlier works did.
tsukino
Aug 16, 2015 tsukino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-storici
Owusua Adwoa Ayeh
Jul 09, 2012 Owusua Adwoa Ayeh rated it it was amazing
I thought no matter what luv always pulls through.
Jenni
Jul 09, 2008 Jenni rated it it was amazing
Well I have been away for the last couple of days...i was visiting Russia this time. After seeing the Heroine safely through the the threat of rape and encountering the hero in a most provocative way I was completely wrap up in the story clear to end. Yes I know what you are all saying...Don't you read anything but romance novels? Well...I was given a stack of Kathleen E. Woodiwiss's Novels and I am intent on finishing them so I can return them. Not that I am not enjoying myself along the way. : ...more
Judith
Mar 20, 2012 Judith rated it did not like it
I'd advise the author to read at least a book on Russian history before taking such arrogance to write "historical" novels. It's ridiculous to read about socializing "boyarinas" and pools in Russian banyas (bathhouses). It was much more fun to understand that the author doesn't even realize the difference between Russian first-name, father's-name and family name, not speaking about the fact that she invented absolutely absurd names for the characters. So, the fiction is a complete slapdash and b ...more
Julie
Oct 12, 2014 Julie rated it liked it
book was ok
FiFi BEE bewitched by smexy heroes & dem heartbreakers ❥
Reading many reviews on Forever in Your Embrace, one cannot help but notice it is not a really popular Woodiwiss book. Surprisingly, I adored this book. Yes, it is not without its flaws and the characters could have made much more sane decisions but I truly enjoyed it nonetheless.

After the death of her father, the Countess Synnovea Zenkovna, has been ordered by the Tsar to live with his cousin, the Princess Anna. Although appreciative of the sovereign's thoughtfulness, Synnovea nonetheless wish
HÜLYA
Dec 09, 2015 HÜLYA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kitabın nerede ise ortasına kadar pek zevk alamadım.Aslında konu olarak oldukça güzel idi.Ancak nedenini bilemediğim bir durağanlık vardı.Belki de bu ara biraz ruh halimden mi ne olduğundan emin olamadığım durumdan dolayı istediğim gibi keyifle okuyamadım.
Ancak tarihi kurgu ve historical severlerin..Özellikle Woodiwiss severlerin keyifle okuyacağı bir roman...Bu tarzı seviyorsanız okuyun derim..En azından konu ve işleyiş yönünden farklı bir kitap..
ella lanham
Jan 25, 2015 ella lanham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Forever in your embrace by Kathleen Woodiwiss

Definitely a 5 star anything Kathleen Woordiwiss wrote was a 5 she was one of the most popular authors of historical romance novels of all. times. It's so sad that she is no longer with us to continue her awesome novels. I have had the privilege to own and read and reread all her novels. Sincerely Ella Lanham
Ilze Griqua
May 23, 2012 Ilze Griqua rated it it was amazing
"Forever in your embrace" was the very first historical romance novel I read. This was the book that made me fall in love with historical romances. The hero is dashing and courages, the heroine beautiful and gracefull. The author makes you feel what the characters are feeling.
Sharon spencer
Apr 20, 2015 Sharon spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Forever in Your Embrace

Kathleen has done it again. She is the icon of love stories. I enjoyed this story so so much. I highly recommend this book to all that enjoys romantic novels.
Charice Lind mehring
Dec 15, 2014 Charice Lind mehring rated it it was amazing
An engaging love story that keeps you on your toes. Thoroughly enjoyable.
Jessica
Aug 03, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it
Ive come to the conclusion im not really a huge fan of historical romances. I like a few but those are the ones that probably really arent that historically accurate. ive always loved this book but this go round i found more things that annoyed me than the other times ive read it but i cant exactly give it a bad rating for it since the things i dont like are in there to make them more historically accurate.
Heroine: mixed bag of tricks. sometimes shes very stubborn and headstrong which makes me h
Heather
Aug 05, 2014 Heather rated it liked it
Katja
Now... the rating is from my 15-year-old self. Since this book just might be so embarracing and misogynist, that the current me would like to use it to warm up the sauna. Seriously, unless you're a hardcore harlequin romance fan, who doesn't care how the women are treated and what they're willing to forgive for uh... love? then DO NOT READ THIS. :D But for a 15-year-old romance starving me this was the shits. Oh well. Never claimed that I had or have a good taste in books.

I remembered this book
Jun 06, 2011 Jennifer rated it liked it
I have read this book several times. Each time I do, I become less enchanted with it, but to be fair, I have come to dislike romance novels in general. It is an enjoyable read, especially for the first time, but I have grown so tired of the fiery maiden, so unlike her peers, with perfect beauty that no man can resist, meets jaded, but rugedly handsome stranger, blah, blah, blah. Still, if you like detailed historical romances and don't find the usual formulas annoying, then by all means read awa ...more
Laine
Jun 18, 2012 Laine rated it it was ok
i was kind of disappointed with this book. from the moment i started reading this the story has a very slow-paced plot, but when i get to the middle part that is where the story really begins for me. could have given it a higher rate if only kathleen woodiwiss would have taken the story that will make the reader excite. i did like colonel tyrone rycroft' and synnovea's character that made me fall for them. the chemistry and passion is there although they would not admit it at once. and in all st ...more
Slavica
Dec 09, 2015 Slavica rated it really liked it
Idealno stivo za ljubitelje ljubavnih romana,ne citajte tudje kritike nego sami procitajte knjigu pa vidite da li zasluzuje moje dodjeljene 4zvjezdice :)
Jay
Dec 19, 2012 Jay rated it it was ok
Woodiwiss' novels seem to deteriorate as time goes by - the early ones are fun but seem to give a good history lesson, or at least the story is so good that the history is secondary. But these later ones are just a bunch of fluff. I read it, but wouldn't really recommend it.

Read the earlier ones - Shanna, Flame and the Flower, Wolf and the Dove, A Rose in Winter. The ones that link to Flame and the Flower are pretty good (I think Petals on the River had a "Home Alone" flavor to it, fun!).
Gina
Feb 21, 2012 Gina rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I like romance found in an historical fiction, but when a book centers around it...not so much...because they tend to become really stupid. I think if you like romance, this is an excellent book. It takes place in Russia during the time of the czars. I enjoyed that aspect, and would love to read some historical fiction from that time and place. It has the usual trappings of a romance book, which if you are in the mood for, are just fine!
Sabrina McEwan
I read this for the 2015 book challenge (a book over 500 pages, a book picked based on the cover, a book at the bottom of the to-read list, a book I own that I have never read). This book took me nearly 6 months to read. It could not hold my attention. The heroine was annoying. The plot was forced, disjointed, and full of holes. I probably would not have finished it if I didn't select it as part of the challenge.
Chiara Allegranti
***continua

Non è stata una lettura di livello tale, al quale ci ha abituati la Signora Woodiwiss.
Questo è un dato certo perchè ne ho letti di suoi libri, anzi credo che me ne manchino soltanto due e quindi ho una varietà di storie alle quali paragonare questo.
Piacere mi è piaciuto, non è stato certo il peggiore (quello è un altro, ma non è il momento di parlarne),
Dana
I have to admit, even though I am a huge Woodiwiss fan, this was my least favorite of her novels (so far). I felt that this particular story tended to drag and had too many villains to keep up with, which is why it took me so long to complete. However, her exquisite detail, strong characters, and unrivaled storytelling will always keep me coming back for more.
Angelyn Schmid
Feb 21, 2013 Angelyn Schmid rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The wonder of Woodiwiss is here. Not her best book but then, her average books are better than most historical romance out there. Thank heavens the heroine lives in seventeenth century Russia and has a fabulous name. And yes, I love hearing how beautiful she is and that every man pursues her. A vicarious thrill.
Desiree
Jan 01, 2012 Desiree rated it really liked it
If you like a good romance but one that has a great story to go along with it, then you won't find a better writer than Kathleen Woodiwiss. I've read every book she wrote just about and loved them all. She made me enjoy reading again. Not sure when I read this as it was years ago. :)
Suzanne
Oct 29, 2013 Suzanne rated it liked it
Not her best. Very long and windy, I found myself skipping chunks of the book as it got repetitious and boring. She's still the best historical romance writer out there, but her later novels are nowhere as good as the early ones.
Margherita Dolcevita
Nov 14, 2010 Margherita Dolcevita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Decisamente l'ambientazione russa non fa per me. E' stato una discreta delusione, troppo lungo, troppo descrittivo, troppe pagine inutili, insomma un po' un mattone, e per un libro romance è un bell'insulto.
Kalliope
I could NOT get into this book. The further along I got, the harder Miss Woodiwiss tried to make the story line work, the more farfetched and disjointed the story became. Not for me!
  • A Dangerous Man
  • Lady Vixen (Louisiana, #5)
  • Tempted
  • No Other Love (No Other, #3)
  • Never Deceive a Duke (Neville Family, #2)
  • Paradise Wild
  • Tears of Gold
  • The Amber Room: The Fate of the World's Greatest Lost Treasure
  • Blaze Wyndham (Wyndham Saga, #1)
Kathleen Erin Hogg was born on June 3, 1939, in Alexandria, Louisiana, she was the youngest of eight siblings by Gladys (Coker) and Charles Wingrove Hogg, a disabled World War I veteran. She long relished creating original narratives, and by age 6 was telling herself stories at night to help herself fall asleep. At age 16, she met U.S. Air Force Second Lieutenant Ross Eugene Woodiwiss at a dance, ...more
More about Kathleen E. Woodiwiss...