On The Prowl

On The Prowl

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  363 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Meet the Cruz brothers. They look human--except for the golden sheen their eyes take when they're aroused beyond control...and the way their claws come out when it's time to play rough.

They're Panthers, ancient shapeshifters, and their survival depends on mating to bring out their wild sides...

Undeniable

When Antonio, the strong, sexy new leader of the Panther pride, meets...more
Published May 1st 2009 by Aphrodisia (first published April 22nd 2009)

Beautiful Creatures by Kami GarciaThe Dark Divine by Bree DespainUnearthly by Cynthia HandNightshade by Andrea CremerEvermore by Alyson Noel
The Color Purple
421st out of 842 books — 243 voters
Dreams Come True by Bridgitte LesleyArielle by Lilian RobertsBreathing His Air by Debra KaynGame for Marriage by Karen  EricksonEverlong by Hailey Edwards
Romance Divas
271st out of 306 books — 43 voters

More lists with this book...

Julie (jjmachshev)
Jun 12, 2009 Julie (jjmachshev) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Julie (jjmachshev) by: Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Shelves: 2009-reads, erotica
Mrrooww. "On the Prowl" is certainly a 'really hot book', just as it's described on the back cover! It's also a three-story anthology by Crystal Jordan about a family of werepanthers and what happens when they meet their mates.

"Undeniable" is the first and longest story--which makes sense since Jordan has to set up her world and its rules. Antonio is the new leader of the pride. Meeting his mate should be the best thing to happen to him, right? Well, there's just a couple of problems. She's an...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
The title may be less than original but the story has plenty going for it.

Panther shape-shifters, a species as old as ours, have existed alongside us in absolute secrecy. Each continent has its own Pride, with all the members of the Pride living together. They're not immortal, but sleep rejuvenates them and allows them to lead a slightly longer, healthier life. They're very uninhibited, sexually, and promiscuous until they find their mate, the one panther meant for them. It's only with their mat...more
Jenny Delandro
TBR 96

In this universe, radiation poisoning has caused mutations that over time, have become part of the normal life - most people can shift.

Three short stories all related to the same family (Panthers shifters) Dela Cruz
Easy to read - quick to finish - enough to satisfy
(view spoiler)...more
LolaLovesBooks
On the hunt for a great shifter book? Let me recommend On the Prowl by Crystal Jordan! Her talented writing + imaginative plots = one heck of a sexy panther shifter tale.

I loved this book—let me tell you why. Characters, characters, characters…she made them loveable and interesting. The romance, tension and steamy hot sex scenes that we have all come to love (or maybe even crave) are abundant. The struggles were believable; the bantering was endearing. And THE TWINS—by far my favorite unforeseen...more
Stacie
Jun 30, 2009 Stacie added it
Very good, erotic story of twin brothers who find that their mate is Isabel Rivera. Everyone sees them as "playboys" with wild ways. However, very few see that they are very hard working lawyers for the Pride that they belong. Isabel is on the run and asking for asylum from her pride. In her pride, there is a man claiming that she is his mate and she can not convince her pride that this is not true.
This is one those ‘3 books in one’ deals. I liked the first story – Claim Me. I thought it was HAWT off the bat and couldn’t stop reading. I was drawn into the conflict of Solana not being a non-shifter and the reasons why she couldn’t. I thought Antonio was amazing in the way he really didn’t care and how he wanted to change the Pride.

I didn’t like Take Me. At first I liked it, but it just seemed to drag on. The ending of the story was actually decent, but over all I just couldn’t seem to enjoy...more
Cindy
Good read. Single author anthology of three related and chronologically sequential shifter stories. In this case, they are panther shifters - the three stories center around the Cruz family who are the 'royal family' of the North American Pride based in San Francisco. At the start of the book Antonio has just taken over as Pride leader and is fighting bring the Pride into a better place with the help of his twin younger brothers and Miguel, his Second who is from the South American Pride.

Claim...more
Starry
Jamie
This was interesting because it was three stories in one but still connected as it was all about the entire family. It was a fun read, not my favorite book ever but I would read and buy another one of her books so it's on my must read author if you like shape shifters, sex, fun, family and dysfunctional issues to over come!!!

Deanna Drake
I really liked this book. Three stories, all related by storyline and familial characters. I felt that they were read in the most perfect order. Story 1, sexy and sucked you in. Story 2, even hotter than the first and story 3 topped it all off. I don't want to put spoilers in here so, all I will say is that Jordan's order was perfect and, just when you think you are amped up enough, she steps it up a notch. I would have given it 5 stars except the final 2 chapters were slow to me....for some odd...more
Mandy
Holy crap every second page in this book was sex but I must admit I still enjoyed the story line too.
I bought this one thinking it was just a stand alone book not realising it was three different stories in one. But it was good reading about the other brothers and how they got together with their mates, and wow two mates for the one girl...that story was very umm interesting and whew HOT!.
It was a good quick read and Im glad I bought it.
Charlene
I have no problem with erotic sex scenes in books. It's hard to find one on my collection that doesn't have at least 1 in it. But that's all the book is. 3-4 pages of sex, maybe 1-2 pages of actual story line, and then they're having sex AGAIN. This could have been so much better if the author had focused on the story line a bit more and gave the characters some depth.
Kristy
Great find at the library. Hot shifter Story. 3 stories in one book. Pleasantly surprised by this one.
Omg. I loved loved loved this book. 4 very different people in the same family finding love. Adding the complication of being in the ruling family of a panther pride was awesome. Totally gutted when I finished it. Love Crystal Jordan
Brianna
I love stories that crystal jordan has in here. I think my favorite from this book is the last one with the two brothers. Thinking about it gets me all hot and bother.
Shh I'm reading!
Three steamy short stories with predictable plots... but somehow I don't think plot was the author's focus when she was writing this one.
Lily
Hot shifter lovin... Not as steamy as I would have thought but overall pretty blush inducing!
Bookie | The BookChick
I didn't like this anthology at all.
Ahi
Hot Hot Hot!!!!!

Monie
Monie marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Midnite Mirage
Midnite Mirage marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Shaundra
Shaundra marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Jinxx
Jinxx marked it as to-read
Anna Ghebremicael
Anna Ghebremicael marked it as to-read
Kristi Dunfee
Kristi Dunfee marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
  • Fire and Rain (Cherchez Pack, #2)
  • Alpha Turned
  • Feline Heat
  • To Trust a Wolf (Whispering Springs Werewolves, #1)
  • Animal Attraction (Neuri Chronicles, #1)
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Waking the Beast (Awakening Pride, #1)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Two Wolves are Better Than One (Love Bites, #1)
  • Panthers' Prey (Black Panthers #1)
  • Candid Camera (Were Watching, #1)
  • The Purrfect Plan (Australian Shifters, #1)
  • Trapped Between Two Alphas
  • Bonded by Need (Shifting Bonds, #1)
  • Forbidden Fantasies
  • The Favour (Corporate Wolves, #1)
  • Summer's Caress (Wolf’s Heritage, #2)
  • Deception
Crystal Jordan began writing romance after she finished graduate school and needed something to fill the hours that used to be eaten away by homework. She is originally from California, but has lived and worked all over the United States. Currently, she serves as a librarian at a university in her home state and writes paranormal, futuristic, contemporary, and erotic romance.
More about Crystal Jordan...
The Wanderer Stolen Passions (Forbidden Passions, #1) Embrace the Night (Night #1) Treasured If You Believe (Unbelievable, #1)