Start by marking “Calor del Amor” as Want to Read:
Calor del Amor

Calor del Amor

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  50 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Gabriel Palacios flees his abusive father's clutches, even though he-s been warned that the mad cop will stop at nothing to control him. He lands in New York City after enduring a trip with a demented admirer, only to find that he immediately comes under suspicion for a horrible crime.

Detective Alejandro Cardoza investigates this crime, but finds himself caught in a web of...more
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 236 pages
Published June 27th 2007 by eXtasy Books (first published March 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Calor del Amor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calor del Amor

Lola
Alright, I take back all the horrible things I said, this book is kind of funny, in a silly way. :D
The stupidity of things in this book is making me laugh a little.

It wasn't too bad honestly...more like a cheap B rated movie. Not bad at all. Could have been developed a lot more...and I mean a lot. There's a lot of potentials. The characters could have been developed more too. If done right, the material could have easily gotten 10 times the view.
Honey
I liked the idea of this story. Gabriel has grown up the son of a police detective who hides behind his badge to physically abuse his wife and son. After an especially bad beating, Gabriel decides that enough is enough, packs up his stuff and runs of to New York City. Luck smiles his way and he manages to get a job and a roof over his head, but he’s unwittingly embroidered in a crime and placed at its centre.

Alejandro Cardoza is police detective in New York who is trying to solve a case where L...more
Elisa Rolle
This is a strange novel I have some problem to identify: I don't understand if the chaos is volutary of it is the fervid mind of the author that needs to settle down.

Gabriel is an abused child. His father is a cop so he doesn't think he could have an help to resolve his problems. When he is 18 years old, after the last beating, he thinks to killing himself but a gentle neighboor convinces him to fly away.

He goes to New York, thinking to became a yaoi writer: he is gay and he loves to read yaoi n...more
Mammarella
I am baffled.

Not a single person in this book makes sense. Actually no, sorry, two of the characters do (sort of), but only because the first one is an abusive control freak, who happens to be a bad cop and the other one is his gay son, who runs away from home after being driven to the point of committing suicide (you can't expect any rational decision or thought from him after 18 years of physical and emotional abuse).
But, in all honesty, I could not put the book down. It was a very surreal re...more
karen
I liked he manga inspired cover. I thought giving the main characters Hispanic backgrounds was a good touch and made them more relate-able. These were's everyman, they had their own identities. I thought Gabriel's character and his motives were a little simplistic and it irked me a bit but I suppose that come with the genre. Overall it's a good though not great book that could have been fleshed out a bit as far as the relationship aspect.
Arno
Who was behind the baby trade and when sees Cardoza the truth about Gabriel...
I had to read it out in one run !
Though this "erotic"-crime-story has only a very few short sex scenes in it.
These scenes are between the 18 year old virgin Gabriel Palacios and police detective Alejandro Cardoza (m/m).
adrienne
erratic, bizarre and over the top. expected more, having enjoyed a different book by this author. really, just very strange writing. oh, and cardoza? absolute crappiest police officer ever written.
Gwengwel
Cardoza is the most incompetent's cop I'd ever see. Too much of that kill the story for me.
Joshua
Great book. Awsome writer! Would recommend reading if your a fan of suspense novels.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
MBJ
MBJ added it
Jun 21, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
April
April marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Farhana Zeeree
Farhana Zeeree marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Suburbancowgirl
Suburbancowgirl marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2013
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2013
L-D
L-D added it
Jul 08, 2013
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
JustJen "Miss Conduct" marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
KB Forrest has researched ancient Indo-European history and folklore for several years, and brings to this novel his story-telling flair and the accurate details today’s readers demand. He is skilled in animal husbandry, primitive survival skills, and horsemanship. These talents allow him to imbue his stories with realistic elements.

KB lives on a farm in Northern Mississippi with his faithful dogs...more
More about K.B. Forrest...
Taino Ti The Sorcerer's Secret Pride of the Beast Still Waters Trial by Fire