Start by marking “Falling Angel” as Want to Read:
Falling Angel

Falling Angel

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  214 ratings  ·  24 reviews
In order to love, he had to become a stranger...

Money. It was all Emerson Wyatt MacVey lived for. Ruthless and demanding, the womanizing corporate raider hadn't thought twice about destroying the tiny backwater town of Angel Falls, Minnesota - or about running Carrie Alexander's life.

But suddenly - in the blink of an eye - Emerson received the gift of a second chance at lo

Mass Market Paperback, 250 pages
Published December 1st 1995 by Silhouette (first published November 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Falling Angel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling Angel

Black Ice by Anne StuartRuthless by Anne StuartIce Blue by Anne StuartIce Storm by Anne StuartCold As Ice by Anne Stuart
Best Anne Stuart Books
27th out of 65 books — 120 voters
A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa KleypasChristmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa KleypasA Virgin River Christmas by Robyn CarrBy Proxy by Katy RegnerySimply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
Best Seasonal Romance {Christmas, Winter}
225th out of 690 books — 837 voters

More lists with this book...

May 13, 2011 Dina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dina by: PJ from Amazon
What a lovely and wonderful book!

I wasn't too sure about it at the beginning - everything and everyone was too nice, it was almost nauseating - but when Carrie's past was revealed and Gabriel's emotions surfaced with a vengeance, I was sold! I'll go further and confess that I even shed a tear - or two - when he asked for his "second miracle". Call me a masochist, but I love it when an author makes me hurt like that. :)

This was my first book by Anne Stuart and I'm very, very surprised. It was not
Great holiday-themed romance about a man who wasted his first 32 years on earth being given a second chance in another body. He has one month to fix three people's lives he screwed up the first time with his selfish greedy ways. Along the way he falls in love with a woman and learns how to care about other people then himself. But what happens when his month is up?

This was a sweet, emotional and utterly unique romance. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it, the hero was captivating and the story was v
Reread on 12/5/12. Even better than I remembered. A must-read for the holidays!
Reread on 12/27/14. A Christmas Romance Classic.

Wow! I'm a little shell-shocked after reading this book. For me, this is a new "Christmas Classic" that I will revisit every year along with "A Christmas Carol" "It's a Wonderful Life" and "The Grinch"!

For me, Christmas should be a time of giving, spending time with family, making amends, and using the season as a time of self-reflection. Reflecting on who you are to
Emerson Wyatt MacVey has hurt and used a lot of people during his thirty two years on Earth. It wasn't until he died and was sent to Heaven's Waystation that he began to see the error of his ways. Now with the threat of the "other place" hanging over his head, Emerson has exactly one month to go back and right three of his wrongs. He's sent back as Gabriel Falconi, a tall, muscular carpenter who lands right in Angel Falls, Minnesota. He's taken in by Carrie Alexandra, a woman whose never met a s ...more
Loved it!Such a wonderful sweet story.This is a must read.
Recommend it.
I enjoyed this book about a man given a 2nd chance to right the stuff he got wrong during his life after he dies of a heart attack at 32. There was some angst. The hero grew and changed for the better. The heroine did get a bit too sicky sweet and self sacrificing. Still a nice read.
Wonderful holiday read...perfect for the season!
Lord Rose
I definitely enjoyed the book, but there were a couple of loose ends that are bothering me.

(Possible spoilers.)

1. Where did the actual Gabriel come from, and what happened to him when Emerson took over? I mean, he obviously had some sort of life before, as Emerson gained his skills, but what about his memories? His experiences? Did he have any friends?

2. On the whole sending people back to earth thing: Is this routine work for angels? Because sending just Emerson back seems... Kind of silly. But
Anne Stuart's FALLING ANGEL was first published in 1993 and won the Rita for Futuristic/Fantasy/Paranormal for that year. And it is well-deserved. This story is one reason you should never give up on Harlequin romances. Every once-in-awhile you find a passionate relationship that shines and a story you will want to reread again. FALLING ANGEL falls in both these categories.

Emerson MacVey was both cold-hearted and determined. And in the next moment everything was taken away from him. But he was g
Feb 07, 2008 L8blmr rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to L8blmr by: Diane B., Amazon romance forum
I'm a newbie when it comes to Anne Stuart; this is my second of her books. This was written in 1993 for Harlequin and has a sweet old-fashioned feel to it. It has a fairly simple plot involving a man's second chance (after his death!) to atone for some of the wrongs he committed that ruined peoples' lives. I did enjoy the story and will continue to read Anne Stuart, though undoubtedly her other books are quite different!
Victoria Chancellor
Every year between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I re-read Falling Angel. Nothing puts me in the spirit of the season like this book. It is a story of redemption, heavy on the meaning of family. I love the characters and how they both need to be "fixed" before they can find happiness. I highly recommend reading this book (you'll need to get a used copy) especially during the holidays.
What a great book. It takes place between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Yes it is about an falling Angel. I am a slow reader and I read it is 5 days because it cept calling me to read it. Really nice love story.
One of the best all-time romances. What a keeper!

Starts off a syrupy sweet story clearly modeled after A Christmas Carol, with angels and reincarnation. The only thing that could make the beginning worse for me is if time travel or dream sequences had been added. By the end it turns into an Anne Stuart novel, and the resolution to Gabriel's situation was oddly satisfying, but I was pretty disengaged by that point.
A sweet miracle of Christmas tale of love and redemption. A cold and wealthy man who treated the heroine cruelly dies and is given a second chance to atone for the wrongs he committed.
KC the Book Addict
This was a lighter Anne Stuart novel. It contained less angst and a hero consciously bent on righting his wrongs but was still enjoyable. I could definitely see a nod to A Christmas Carol. A feel-good read.
Holiday romance filled with fallen angels (of course), second chances, devout Minnesotans with frozen pipes, and homemade quilts. This is a sweet, cozy book that works for the Christmas romance setting. It almost reminds me of the the fairy tale about the little match girl, who's poor and cold and dies all alone. Good thing romances have HEAs.
Laura Millard
This book is so good I've had to buy it 4 times. Every time I've lent it out the person I've lent it to has kept it. Finally I just got to the point where if I decide someone MUST read this book I buy them a copy.

I also read this book at least twice a year once at Christmas time and once in the summer when I miss Christmas time.
April Brookshire
When I start an Anne Stuart book, I say to myself, "I hope this book is really weird."

And this one did have an Anne Stuart-ish plot, but I never cared much for it or the characters. It was a mix between A Christmas Carol and Ghost.

I think I just had too high of expectations of weirdness.
Hero ruined lives when he was alive, but he’s given a chance to go back and fix what he ruined, though in a new body. He learns that love is real and falls in love with the one woman who loved him before—when he was too afraid to love. Nice little story.
Different edition. Sweet Christmasy story of someone sent back to earth to undo the damage he wrought before dying... Wee bit saccharine sweet, but still palatable.
Christine Strowbridge
Old school read. I enjoyed it. It was a bit too religious for my liking, but the overall story was interesting.

Not my favorite gente, angels and xmas spirit. But it has been enjoyable enough and very sweet here and there.
Standard Harlequin fare
Akosua Kyeremateng
Akosua Kyeremateng marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2015
Aaron Power Man
Aaron Power Man marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2015
Sylvia marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
  • River of Eden
  • Tender Loving Care
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • Secret Seduction
  • Diamond Bay (Kell Sabin, #2)
  • The Portrait
  • Magnate's Mistress...Accidentally Pregnant! (Modern Heat)
  • Colorado Dawn (Runaway Brides, #2)
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Night in Eden
  • Intimate Enemies
  • Surrender to the Past
  • Imagine
  • Sex, Gossip and Rock & Roll
Anne Stuart is a grandmaster of the genre, winner of Romance Writers of America's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award, survivor of more than thirty-five years in the romance business, and still just keeps getting better.

Her first novel was Barrett's Hill, a gothic romance published by Ballantine in 1974 when Anne had just turned 25. Since then she's written more gothics, regencies, romantic sus
More about Anne Stuart...