Start by marking “The Screaming Room” as Want to Read:
The Screaming Room

The Screaming Room (John Driscoll #2)

In this riveting new thriller by the acclaimed author of "Bone Thief," a diabolical killer is terrorizing New York City and it's up to Lieutenant John Driscoll to save the city--or die trying. Original.
Published May 1st 2007 by Pinnacle (first published April 30th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Screaming Room, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Screaming Room

Gina
May 14, 2010 Gina rated it it was amazing
Trish
Jun 24, 2014 Trish rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. I read the first one when it first can out but could not for the life of me remember the author. Then I found a list on goodreads about authors of mystery and bam there it as. Trying to find out why number 3 is not available when the book said it was due out in 2008.This book is the second in a series by Thomas O'Callaghan.The killings are described "after the fact" by the police who find the bodies. It is all tactfully done, however the book is more about police procedure. ...more
Kristen
Dec 26, 2011 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-thriller, 2011
If you love a real good thriller, you'll enjoy the 2nd book in the John Driscoll series. In The Screaming Room, someone is targeting tourists in New York City. One by one, they're found in landmarks and found scalped like Indians. Later on, they find out from blood from a broken toenail that they're dealing with identical fraternal twins, Cassie and Angus Claxonn, who are after them for one reason: revenge on the sexual abuse they endured from their dad. And that bridges the connection between ...more
Teri
Nov 12, 2013 Teri rated it did not like it
Ugh! I tried really hard to like this book. I'm a big murder mystery fan and am not too picky about them but this one was just awful. I was still confused about the characters in the end I was like wait who is that? I couldn't remember! Just didn't care for the story line at all and it just wasn't good in general. I didn't want to give up on it so I made myself finish it I'm just glad I'm done and can move on now! Not sure I'll read another by this author as this was my first by him.
Loraine
Aug 19, 2007 Loraine rated it it was amazing
I loved it! An excellent second novel in the series featuring Lt. John Driscoll. This time Driscoll must stop a killer who is terrorizing New York City with grotesque displays. A must for every fan of the mystery/thriller genre. I'm definitely looking forward to the release of the third novel of this series.
Karlie
May 05, 2008 Karlie rated it really liked it
It kept me captivated. I have always enjoyed mystery...

Just read a review that says this is part of a series... I seem to miss that detail when getting books LOL. It is not necessary to have read the previous book.

This book has a lot of detail regarding abuse - both sexual and physical so it is not for the faint of heart.
Angie crosby
Aug 13, 2008 Angie crosby rated it liked it
Shelves: alex, thriller
Good book. The second in the Driscoll series. I didn't like it as much as bone theif. I liked how you got to see peeks into what made them killers. Though some I imagine wouldn't like that. The book moved at a fast pace, which I also like. I look forward to more books in the series.
Ginny Crippen
A good page turner. What even made it more enjoyable is that the book takes place in NY and characters find themselves on the Southern State Parkway, BQE and other roads we as suburban NYers are familiar with. A quick, easy read that will keep you guessing!!!
Joan
Aug 15, 2012 Joan rated it really liked it
Wow, what a ride. From the first page on this book held my attention, kept me thinking and hoping it wouldn't end! Excellent story, the characters are very real and easy to follow but not so easy that you can think for them. Fast paced with great description and situations.
Anna
Mar 05, 2013 Anna rated it did not like it
I'm not extremely picky when it comes to any sort of police procedural or thriller/suspense [I go through books too quickly to be so choosy], but this book was awful. It just felt like the writer was trying way to hard and he failed. I gave it 50 pages but it's going in my donation pile.
Irishlazz
Nov 18, 2012 Irishlazz rated it it was ok
Not sure if the disturbing content played a factor - don't think so- but it just didn't grab my interest. I felt obligated to finish it hoping it would get better but ended up just glad I was done.
Karen
Jun 23, 2010 Karen rated it really liked it
This was a good, fast paced read. I really liked the storyline and the characters. Although I thought the ending could have been a bit stronger, I still liked it.
Karsyn
Apr 22, 2013 Karsyn rated it it was ok
YAWN!! Boring book. So ticked I didn't give up on it right away. I gave it a chance, when I could have read much better!
Jennifer rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Gail
Gail rated it really liked it
Aug 02, 2015
Edda
Edda rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Jane Gaston
Jane Gaston rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
MARILYN
MARILYN rated it liked it
May 03, 2009
Patty
Patty rated it liked it
May 28, 2007
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
May 15, 2010
Leo
Leo rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2010
Lori
Lori rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2014
Al
Al rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2015
D.L.
D.L. rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2011
Sherry Kinderknecht
Sherry Kinderknecht rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2015
Lori Trautwein
Lori Trautwein rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2010
linda england
linda england rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2014
Terry
Terry rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2011
Dj
Dj rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2013
Pete Lynch
Pete Lynch rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • What Lies in Shadow
  • The Mark (Henry Parker, #1)
  • Delayed Diagnosis (Dr. Rhea Lynch, #1)
  • Never Tell
  • Dying Breath
  • No One Left to Tell (No One, #2)
  • Twisted
  • Closer Than Blood (Sheriff Detective Kendall Stark #2)
  • Hold Back the Dark
  • Mania
  • Dark Of The Moon (Louis Kincaid, #1)
  • Kidnap & Ransom (Kelly Jones Mysteries, #4)
  • Guns
  • Kiss Her Goodbye
  • Bad Penny (Cat Dupree, #3)
  • George Mills
  • The First Sin (Lexi Steele, #1)
  • If She Should Die
Thomas O'Callaghan's work has been translated for publication in Germany, Slovakia, Indonesia, and the Czech Republic. A publishing house in Italy has recently acquired rights, as well. As an internationally acclaimed author, Mr. O'Callaghan is a member of both the Mystery Writers of America and the International Thriller Writers associations. A native of New York City and a graduate of CUNY, Mr. ...more
More about Thomas O'Callaghan...

John Driscoll (2 books)