Start by marking “Mr. Bear Squash-You-All-Flat” as Want to Read:
Mr. Bear Squash-You-All-Flat

Mr. Bear Squash-You-All-Flat

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Fifty years ago children were first delighted by the story of Mr. Bear, the Neighborhood Nuisance who roams the forest squashing the houses of other animals - and finally gets his own hilarious, smashing comeuppance.

Here is Mr. Bear's story, back again in a facsimile Anniversary Edition, with the same wonderful pictures by Angela. Included is new foreword by one of Mr. Be

Published November 1st 2000 by Purple House Press

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Bear Squash-You-All-Flat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Bear Squash-You-All-Flat

Natalie
Mar 20, 2008 Natalie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: impressionable young readers
Recommended to Natalie by: Papa Bear
Shelves: kid-s-books
I didn't realize this book was on my daughter's bookshelf until I heard my husband reading it to her over the baby monitor one day. Clearly written by a mad genius, "Mr. Bear Squash You All Flat" tells the tale of a restless bear who relieves the symptoms of insomnia by squashing the homes of small woodland animals. Hillarity insues. I think this book is out of print but it's worth some searching.
Margie
Loved this book! It is one of my husband's favorite books as a child. He remembers his mom reading it to his brother and him, just like I remember my mom reading Doctor Dolittle stories to my brother and me. Great memories! I will be reading it at storytime this summer at "Teddy Bear Storytime." (Dress in PJs and bring your favorite bear or stuffed animal!)
Linda Cohen
Oct 29, 2011 Linda Cohen marked it as to-read
Shelves: children
A customer said this was her favorite book when she was a little gitl and she wanted to get a copy for a shower gift to start a library for a new baby. Made me smile :D
Holly
This was my very favorite book as a child. I read it, and had it read to me, countless times. Now I read it to my 3 daughters.
Sandra
Read as a child. Just recently bought a used copy on e bay.
Alesia
An absolute classic!
Edward Creter
This is a kids' classic that somehow escaped my attention, but somehow I discovered it in the library. I'm glad I did! It's about a bear who is sooooo insensitive! He squashes his big bear butt on all sorts of forest houses owned by timid forest creatures. Timid...until they teach him a BEARY good lesson. This edition has a nice foreword by Far Side's Gary Larson, who was a huge fan of the book and has now shared it with us. See how luck finds me? How about you?
Sara
This book has been a favorite in our household for years. My father loved this book as a child and has made sure every grandchild received a copy. It tells the story of a bear who grumpily squashes things when he's had a night of no sleep. Very funny. Great for doing voices and entertaining kids!
Stephen
A bully gets his comeuppance and the forest is once again safe for teh small animals in their commune. The illustrations make this book. Somewhere I [think] I read it is a favorite of the cartoonist Gary Larson.
Amar Pai
This bear is a total jerk!
Leeldoo
Mr Bear loves to squash things. Kids think it is a funny story. From Purple press publishers.
Katherine
One of my all time favorite children's books. Grab a copy. You will be glad you did!
Angela
A small press gem from Purple Horse Press. Awesome!
Carrie
This book is so very funny!
Kevin Emmons
Kevin Emmons marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Amy
Amy added it
Apr 18, 2015
Erica Kough
Erica Kough marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Maggie
Maggie added it
Feb 08, 2015
John Meulenberg
John Meulenberg marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Laureen
Laureen marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Traci-ann
Traci-ann marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
The Surprise Doll Rip Van Winkle Hello Peter Favorite Nursery Tales Whose Tracks Are These?