Start by marking “AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU: AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU” as Want to Read:
AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS        AU: AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU

AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU: AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU

Unknown Binding, Abridged
Published January 21st 1977 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about AROUND WORLD 80 DAYS AU

May 30, 2011 Sarah rated it it was ok
I was a little disappointed with this book. It contained mostly facts about the route Mr. Fogg took during his journey; mileage travelled, lists of cities passed through, times and amounts ahead or behind in their pursuit of the ultimate goal. This isn’t to say there wasn’t a story. Occasionally, Mr. Fogg would have enough time in one place to have a bit of an adventure, but more likely it was Passepartout who found himself in trouble and in a big need to get out of it. Aouda and Detective Fix w ...more
Jonathan
Jun 02, 2010 Jonathan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, db-2010
It is very interesting that I would like a book so much where not a whole lot happens and the characters are incredibly thinly written. Needless to say, I really enjoyed listening to this book. I may have been affected by Jim Dale's storytelling, and that is fine. My son loved it as well. I think the the idea of the book is exciting in and of itself. Even though there isn't much to Phileas Fogg, I really was drawn to his constancy and ability to always remain calm and under control. I found myse ...more
Lilli
Jun 05, 2011 Lilli rated it really liked it
Ryan Williams
Sep 05, 2011 Ryan Williams rated it it was amazing
Jules Verne proved to be a fantastic writer in his book, Around The World in 80 days. It was an adventure from the first page to the last page. I never found myself bored from a long conversation or a redundant story line because it never happened. Whenever the story got to a point where the characters seemed to be in the clear from a problem, another obstacle was put in their way and it kept the reader on their toes. Verne has a unique writing style that makes it extremely difficult for the rea ...more
Diana
Oct 22, 2011 Diana rated it liked it
Shelves: audio-book
This is a fun book to listen too. When it talked about going though the western US and the Mormons, I saw the great misunderstandings that people have about our religion. They don't know what we believe, but think they do.
Amanda
Apr 21, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Originally written in French, then translated to English sometime in the mid 1800's I think, so the type of writing is as such. Great story though. Good character development. Would recommend.
Kate
Nov 14, 2011 Kate rated it liked it
I'm not sure which translation I read (it was the free English one on the Gutenberg Project) but I wasn't really engaged by this. I didn't like the characters, save for Passepartout, and the trip didn't have the suspense or creativity I've come to expect from Verne.
Bianda
Jun 05, 2011 Bianda rated it really liked it
It's a light reading book and I enjoyed it very much.
The story is simple enough about a journey around the world in 80 days based on a bet.
But I can already guess how the end would turned out.
Kathy
Nov 26, 2011 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: haveread
Delightful and fun to read!
Hadil Zawahreh
Jan 20, 2012 Hadil Zawahreh rated it it was ok
a little bit boring :/
the mocie was kinda better i was disappointed bcuz jules vern writes so much better than this !!
Pathik
Jun 22, 2011 Pathik rated it liked it
I'll give 3.5 but don't go on my review . I think you should read this book and keep it with you for re-reading like reminder of good experience..:)
Michael
Michael rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2011
ELigh
ELigh rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2011
Rachael
Rachael rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2011
Camilla
Camilla rated it it was ok
Jul 14, 2011
Martin Taylor
Martin Taylor rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2011
Ian
Ian rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2011
Life
Life rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2010
Jan Hendrik
Jan Hendrik rated it liked it
May 21, 2015
Djs
Djs rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2011
Mohamed Naaif
Mohamed Naaif rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2012
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2011
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2011
Charles
Charles rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2011
Candy
Candy rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2011
Seth
Seth rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2011
  • The Shy Stegosaurus of Cricket Creek (The Shy Stegosaurus #1)
  • Rudin a Romance and a King Lear of the Steppes
  • The Gaucho Martín Fierro (Martín Fierro, #1)
  • Bouvard and Pécuchet with The Dictionary of Received Ideas
  • The Lion of Flanders
  • Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens: Care / Feeding / Facilities
  • Let's Go: Europe 2007
  • A Ghost in the Window
  • Ramona Boxed Set: Ramona and Her Father / Ramona the Pest / Ramona the Brave / Beezus and Ramona (#1-4)
  • How Was It For You?
  • Pepita Jiménez
  • Tony Hawk: Professional Skateboarder

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Arthur Christopher Orme Plummer, CC.

In 1968, he was invested as a Companion of the Order of Canada (CC). In 2001, he received the Canadian Governor General's Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement.

Recipient of two Tony Awards (1974, 1997), two Emmy Awards (1976, 1974), and the Golden Globe Award and Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (2012).

Awarded honourary doctora
More about Christopher Plummer...