Start by marking “Bez pożegnania” as Want to Read:
Bez pożegnania

Bez pożegnania

4.1  ·  Rating Details ·  33,186 Ratings  ·  1,751 Reviews
Translation - Gone for Good
Published 2006 by Albatros (first published January 1st 2002)

Mandy Crider
Jun 25, 2015 Mandy Crider rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HOLY FREAKIN MOLY! This book was beyond superb. I can't even find the words for it. Phenomenal! Coben holds your interest from the first to the last word. Every chapter revealed another layer that was peeled, revealing some startling discovery. Absolutely one of my favorite novels by Coben. He is by far, the best author around. Highly recommend this novel!!! Get it and read it! NOW!!!!!!! (You won't regret it)
Miriam Smith
Jan 26, 2017 Miriam Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I first started reading "Gone for Good" by my favourite author Harlan Coben I had to put it down as I just couldn't get into it, however having picked it up again a few days later I fully realised that it was ME and in NO WAY the book!
My word! This addictive book was one helluva thriller, pace perfect it pulls you in and just doesn't let you go - I didn't want it to end and wished there had been more! There was layer upon layer of plot lines, fantastic breakneck speed twists and turns and
Norma
Dec 28, 2016 Norma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GONE FOR GOOD has so many surprising twists and turns to make it another most enjoyable read by HARLAN COBEN which gets a 4.5 star rating from me!

I really like this authors writing style and his dialogue is terrific throughout this novel. Most of the chapters were nice and short with most having some type of revelation to keep you interested and wanting to keep turning those pages.

The plot was filled with lots of twists at a surprising speed that kept me totally engaged in what I was reading. I
D. Pow
Jun 06, 2009 D. Pow rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I did it again. I am addicted. It's like crack. or the crack of an ass. I can feel the damage being done to my brain as I read page after implausible page and I wince at phrase after ham-handed phrase but still I keep going. As McDonalds is to one's arteries so is Coben to ones brain. What is the cranial equivalent of an oxygen tank and an electric wheel chair, and a long day spent drooling through the aisles at Wal-mart? That is what Coben is, what he does to me. God, I hate him. God, I ha ...more
P
Nov 10, 2016 P rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller-horror
"Three days before her death, my mother told me these weren't her last words, but they were pretty close that my brother was still alive."

Gone for Good is not so differrent from Tell No One. I was astounded how these books started off the same with the main character making an assumption that the death person is still alive. While Tell No One packs with action and gutwrenching scenes, Gone for Good is full of drama and heartbreaking stories. I enjoyed Gone for Good since the first few chapters
Margitte
FROM THE BLURB
As a boy, Will Klein had a hero: his older brother, Ken. Then, on a warm suburban night in the Kleins’ affluent New Jersey neighborhood, a young woman—a girl Will had once loved—was found brutally murdered in her family’s basement. The prime suspect: Ken Klein. With the evidence against him overwhelming, Ken simply vanished. And when his shattered family never heard from Ken again, they were sure he was gone for good.

Now eleven years have passed. Will has found proof that Ken is al
সালমান হক
ঘোল খেয়েছেন কখনো? যদি না খেয়ে থাকেন, তাহলে এই বইটা পড়তে পারেন। পয়সা উশুল হবে বলে দিচছি। লেখক একের পর এক নক আউট পাঞচ দিতে থাকবেন আর মাথা ঘোরাতে থাকবে।
থৃলার জনরায় বরতমান সময়ের সবচেয়ে সেরা লেখকদের একজন হারলান কোবেন। বইয়ের পরথম শবদটা থেকে একদম শেষ শবদটা পরযনত মনোযোগ ধরে রাখতে বাধয করবে। লেয়ারের পর লেয়ার আর টুইসট এর কথা নাহয় বাদই দিলাম। সেই সাথে আছে দুরদানত কযারেকটার বিলডিং।
এই বইয়ের নায়কের নাম উইল। এগার বছর আগে তার সাবেক পরেমিকা খুন হয়ে যায় নিজের বাসার বেজমেনটে। আর সনদেহভাজন আসামী করা হয় উইলের ভা
Phrynne
A fun read. A bit naive in places when it came to motivation for some of the gruesome killings and especially for the Ghost's part in the whole thing. That was very weak. There was a nice twist at the end, in fact there were several nice twists at the end and the book finished on a high. I had no real attachment to any of the characters except maybe a little for Squares. Too many of the characters were not who or what they were supposed to be which made it difficult to really know them. So basic ...more
Sam
Feb 04, 2008 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sam by: Dad
Coben is the King of the Plot Twist. Gone for Good is first of Harlan Coben's many novels that I have read and this one drew me is so much that I read it all in one day. Each chapter ends with a cliff hanger and that makes you want to keep reading. He also does a fantastic job of character development. If you enjoy a good mystery that will keep up on the edge and always guessing...I suggest Gone For Good.
Patrice Hoffman
Jan 12, 2012 Patrice Hoffman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW! That's the first thing I said to my self after finishing this book. Twist after Twist after Twist. Really a good book.
Freda Malone
May 30, 2015 Freda Malone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
My first favorite read of 2016! Holy cow, I had hunches, I solved some clues, I even thought out the chain of events. NEVER in a million years would I have seen the ending coming. Brilliant, clever, and an emphatically cunning crime mystery!!! Bravo Harlan Coben!! A must-read for my fellow readers. I couldn't put the book down it was so white-knuckle gripping!
Aaron
Aug 01, 2011 Aaron rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was my first experience with Harlan Coben and I don't think I'm clamoring to read another. I didn't hate this. It was good enough entertainment for a couple of days. But I can't recommend it.

Characters are one-dimensional. But they almost have to be. Revealing too much of each character wouldn't allow Harlan Coben to change what all the characters are and what they stand for and what they'r emotivated by in the last twenty pages. Seriously, this was one of those novels where a new revelatio
Angie
Jun 01, 2017 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great thrill ride by Harlan Coben. Just when you think you know what is going on, another twist turns you all around! Read this one as soon as you get your hands on it, and you won't regret it:)

(Just a note that there are some brutal & graphic violent scenes so sensitive readers might want to beware)
Greg Bascom
May 19, 2012 Greg Bascom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GONE FOR GOOD is a fast paced thriller with at least 60 plot twists, turns or startling revelations (I catalogued them.) Typical of the genre, it is plot rather than character driven. Even the best characters are a bit shallow, and you will have to accept some improbable ones. Dialogue is written well. Otherwise, the writing is simple - if you got through third grade you won't need a dictionary - although after some stretches of short choppy sentences and dangling phrases you might wish for some ...more
Angie
Sep 08, 2007 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
I just finished this book and I feel like I've gone on a hell of a roller coaster ride without even leaving home. WOW! This book was absolutely incredible! Every time I thought I had it figured out, Coben came up with another twist to make me question my theories or spin them into nothing but complete chaos. The man is absolutely genius when it comes to thinking up plot twists and turns to keeping the reader second-guessing.

If you like a book that will keep you guessing all the way to the very
Xana
Dec 12, 2016 Xana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Justas seriam as 3,5*.
Harlan Coben é, normalmente uma leitura segura. Uma trama bem pensada, com voltas e reviravoltas, que resulta num policial levezinho que me mantem sempre interessada.
Gostei bastante deste, adorei as personagens, desde o Will, ao John Asselta.
O final acabou por ser uma surpresa.. aconselho esta leitura
Vanessa Tekać
Mar 13, 2017 Vanessa Tekać rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roman koji vas drzi u neizvjesnosti do samog kraja i razbije sva moguca predvidjanja o zavrsetku. Napeti triler koji ce oduseviti i najzahtjevnije citace. Iskrena preporuka! :)
David
Jan 02, 2015 David rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My first Harlan Coben book and will definitely not be my last.

I just love the way Harlan Coben writes. I think most authors struggle to pull of writing in the second person but you feel like Harlan's having a conversation with you - the Reader - as you read this book.

It's a story with many twists and turns and jut remember that nothing is ever as it seems.

Our protagonist has struggled to clear his brother's name for most of his life. His brother has been framed as the killer of a girl he used to
David
Jul 23, 2011 David rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Coben takes a good plot and suspense, but taints it with cardboard characters and too much suspension of belief. The humorous first person which I normally love seems to only work part of the time. Will, the protagonist seems to have only two traits: irrationally angry and hopelessly naive (you know, when another character is trying to explain a formulaic plot twist that you as the reader saw through five minutes earlier, but he just can't wrap his head around it.) The only interesting character ...more
Christine
Jul 24, 2010 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another loved-one-presumed-dead-but-look-may-still-be-alive-and-in-hiding story from Harlan Coben. I'm about 25% through, and may ditch it. It's just not grabbing me. Also not buying into the constant over-the-top emo from the main character. Could be I'm over Harlan Coben's writing style and plotlines, since neither one ever changes. Same story, different book.

UPDATE: I'm out. Made it halfway through, but it just wasn't worth reading any further.
Best Crime Books & More
I have read one of Harlan Coben's stand alone novels, albeit some time ago, and am slowly working my way through his back catalogue. In this book we meet Will Klein and I found that it didn't take long for me to like him. What also became apparent pretty quickly was that Will Klein is an ordinary bloke. He isn't somebody who can ruthlessly take down bad guys and he isn't a brooding lead character that has an issue with authority. In other words, a welcome change from the ordinary leading male co ...more
Michael
There were so many reversals in this complicated plot, I ended up just feeling numb instead of thrilled. Coben does well to get you invested with the hero, Will, an ordinary, good hearted guy who works in a youth shelter and lives with someone he loves. The shadow over him and his family is the disappearance of his brother Ken nearly a decade before in connection with the murder of Will's ex-girlfriend. Suddenly his current girlfriend splits and violent friends of his brother and the police come ...more
Corey
Apr 28, 2013 Corey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great edge of your seat mystery/thriller by a phenomenal writer! One thing I notice about Harlan Coben is that normally his books have multiple plots that there's a point where you get so suckered into tone plot that sometimes you forget there's more than one. Just when you think you've got it all figured out, there's a big twist that you never see coming. This is another book I think I'm going to put up as one of Harlan Coben's best books, I just couldn't put it down, it was another one ...more
Maria Espadinha
Aug 12, 2015 Maria Espadinha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Peça de Cozinha

Recordo-me de ter lido algures (salvo erro numa resenha da Teresa), uma referencia a este livro, classificando-o como uma excelente peça de cozinha
Ou teria sido só "boa"?
Esperem...
Acho que foi "requintada"... Ou "ótima"... Acho que foi "ótima"!
Bom...já não sei!... Fosse o que fosse tratava-se dum merecido elogio

Quanto a mim:

Nada a acrescentar
É um thriller para ler e saborear...

Até rimou! ;)
Olivia
This was my first Coben book...can't say I'm reaching for another one. This started out okay, and even the ending was different, but meh. Kind of flat.
Ana Jupek
Jan 03, 2017 Ana Jupek rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if goodreads would have that half star possible this would be 3.5 ... Fast read with quite a few twists that this author often delivers.
Love Fool
May 12, 2015 Love Fool rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a boy, Will Klein had a hero: his older brother, Ken. Then, on a warm suburban night in the Kleins' affluent New Jersey neighborhood, a young woman -- a girl Will had once loved -- was found brutally murdered in her family's basement. The prime suspect: Ken Klein. With the evidence against him overwhelming, Ken simply vanished. And when his shattered family never heard from Ken again, they were sure he was gone for good.
Now eleven years have passed. Will has found proof that Ken is alive. An
Nicola
Sep 04, 2010 Nicola rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own, crime
This was pretty much a waste of time, to be honest. I thought it sounded okay from the description and the first few pages were okay but it sort of just got pretty mediocre from there on.
The characters were dull. Will felt so incredibly generic- there was absolutely nothing making him a distinct or memorable character. It felt like I'd read about him ten times before- he was just very flat.
The story itself was all right but not enough to warrant four hundred pages. All the twists were really p
Tiffunee
Oct 31, 2012 Tiffunee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is story was slow at first but a great read! No way to keep up at times too many twists turns with shock after shock. I love Will and Sheila, cute couple. The ending was great! I never saw it coming.

Harlan Coben is my favorite suspense author. He keeps me on my toes and wanting more.

Tom Swift
My first Coben book, fun and interesting read. 3.336 stars, read it in one afternoon.
Fun Book to Read 3 17 May 02, 2016 11:03PM
The Mystery, Crim...: April/May 2012: Gone for Good by Harlan Coben 57 242 May 22, 2012 04:23AM
  • Too Close to Home
  • Void Moon (Harry Bosch Universe, #9)
  • Don't Scream
  • Turning Angel
  • Die for You
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • The Burying Place (Jonathan Stride, #5)
  • La mémoire fantôme (Lucie Hennebelle, #2)
  • Derailed
  • The Next Accident (Quincy & Rainie, #3)
  • Praying for Sleep
  • Whispers and Lies
  • Parallel Lies
  • The Cat Dancers (Cam Richter, #1)
With over 60 million books in print worldwide, Harlan Coben’s last seven consecutive novels, MISSING YOU, SIX YEARS, STAY CLOSE, LIVE WIRE, CAUGHT, LONG LOST and HOLD TIGHT all debuted at #1 on the New York Times bestseller list and lists around the world. His books are published in 43 languages around the globe.

Coben is the winner of the Edgar Award, Shamus Award and Anthony Award – the first aut
More about Harlan Coben...

“closely—you can’t have a front without a back, you can’t have an up without a down, and I’m not sure you can have light without dark, purity without sleaze, good without evil.” 5 likes
“And if I can’t?” He held up the rope. There was a handle attached to the end. “Do you know what this is?” I did not reply. “It’s a Punjab lasso,” he said as if beginning a lecture. “The Thuggees used it. They were known as the silent assassins. From India. Some people think they were all wiped out in the nineteenth century. Others, well, others are not so sure.” He looked at Katy and held the primitive weapon up high. “Need I go on here, Will?” I shook my head. “He’ll know it’s a trap,” he said.” 0 likes