Loving Jessie

Loving Jessie

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  9 reviews
After taking a bullet while covering a story, photojournalist Matt Latimer finds that life has gone out of focus. He heads back to his hometown to reconnect to his roots and his craft, photography. Growing up, Matt was always around when Jessie Sinclair needed him most. Now that he's back, she needs him for the most important decision of her life. She wants a baby. Suddenl...more
Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Published January 1st 2002 by Mira Books

KarenH
I wanted to read this book for no reason other than because I liked the title. Me shallow? Yeah, so what's new. At least I scored big time finding this gem!

Matt & Reilly have been the best of friends since childhood; and Jessie, ten years their junior is much like the kid sister neither one of them have. The story begins 20 years after Matt & Reilly have graduated from high school. Matt, a famous photographer, is coming home to heal from a bullet wound inflicted when he was caught in the...more
Dina
It could have been a 5-star read, if the secondary romance hadn't annoyed the crap out of me.
Splage
I have been looking for another Dallas Schultz book since I read Substitute Wife, which was a favorite book of mine. SW just hit the right chord for me, I have seen some mixed, average reviews for SW, but I loved it. Loving Jessie was very close. Loving Jessie was an easy, feel good book, with rich characters and no villains just a few bad choices. It starts out so light and fun, but becomes serious and much deeper.

Can you ever go home again? That is the question the hero, Matt Latimer, is goin

Pat Cromwell
Excellent character driven book. Written superbly -- you really connect with the characters.
Ewa
Not the best book I could have chosen for coming back from my romance-reading hiatus.

Both H/h didn't have much going on for them besides being in the weirdest love triangle.

The best character in the book was the betrayed wife of H/h's friend.
Jacqueline
I typically like this author but this one just did not suck me in. The characters didn't seem to be really fleshed out. The story meandered and the romance between Matt and Jessie lacked something. We didn't really see her fall in love with him at all. In fact most of the book was from Matt's POV. We did get more insight into what he was feeling for Jessie and how his feelings were evolving. There was POV from both Matt's best friend Reilly and Reilly's wife Dana. That situation should have been...more
Carrie
3.5* This is the second book I've read by this author and I can recommend them both. While this one isn't humorous like The Substitute Wife, it was an engrossing story with enough tension to raise it above average.
Sara
First romance novel I ever read. Extremely sweet story with just enough of the "good stuff" to make it even better. Very memorable and will always hold a special place in my heart.
Ewa
Like it.
Sofia
Sofia marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Marsha
Marsha marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Katiebrown
Katiebrown marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Leighann
Leighann marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2014
Tr
Tr marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Damommy8
Damommy8 marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Ingrid Dunn
Ingrid Dunn marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Sandi
Sandi added it
Feb 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Born and raised in Colorado, Dallas Schulze now lives in California. She sold her first book in October 1983. It was published under her pseudonym Dallas Hamlin in the Candlelight Ecstasy Romance line. She loves happy ending and wrote category romances, contemporaries and historicals for Harlequin, Silhouette, Dell and Mira. Her latest title was published in 2004.
More about Dallas Schulze...
The Substitute Wife Short Straw Bride Together Always Snow Bride Gunfighter's Bride