Start by marking “Remember Me” as Want to Read:

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  1,065 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews

HE COULDN'T FORGET

Clay LeGrand's heart shattered the day his wife, Frankie, disappeared. Had she run away? Been kidnapped? Or had she simply left him for another man? Two years later he's still asking the same burning questions when he comes home to find Frankie in his bed, as if nothing had ever happened.

SHE COULDN'T REMEMBER

The shock, outrage and anger in Clay's eyes say

Published October 1st 2003 by Mira Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Remember Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Remember Me

Jacqueline
Another good one by Sharon Sala. I was very excited to read this book so I put it off a while to savor the anticipation. The writing was fast paced and exciting. I liked the hero and how, even when he was accused of murdering his wife, he still loved her and missed her. She was a bit less well developed but only by a small degree. Enjoyable secondary characters and a different sort of villian.

(view spoiler)
Jane Stewart
3 stars. I didn’t feel surprise, delight, or wow, but it was an enjoyable escape.

STORY BRIEF:
The story begins with happily married couple Frankie (wife) and Clay. Clay comes home from work and finds his wife gone. A cup of coffee is spilled on the floor, not cleaned up. The police suspect Clay killed her but have no proof. Clay hires a PI who finds nothing. Two years pass. Clay comes home from work and finds Frankie sleeping in his bed. She has amnesia and can’t explain what happened. She has n
Anna Marie
Dec 08, 2013 Anna Marie rated it did not like it
It was time for a suspense thriller. I just didn't expect it to SUCK so badly that I threw it across the room two thirds of the way thru. My husband called out, "It's a flinger!" Not many books are that StOopid that they have that distinction.

The premise: Francesca is one year blissfully married. Her husband goes to work one day, and when he comes home the door is unlocked, there's a broken coffee cup in the kitchen, and blood on the bathroom sink, and Frankie is gone. Two years later? He comes
RomReader *Spoiler Giver*
Jun 05, 2011 RomReader *Spoiler Giver* rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
After just celebrating their 1 yr wedding anniversary, heroine mysteriously disappears for 2 yrs & comes back to their house 1 day without any memory of her last 2 yrs. Loving husband Hero is in shock & is suspicious of needle marks in wife's arms & her memory loss. Both are trying to rebuild their trust & love for each other while trying to find out what exactly happened & who's involved in her disappearance.

This Sala book was heavier on romance than suspense, which I like.
Janie Johnson
Oct 12, 2012 Janie Johnson rated it it was amazing
This is by far one of my favorites by Sharon Sala. I could never imagine what the characters of the book went through. Nor would I want to live it.

I felt as though I too struggled along with them trying to understand what had happened and what was going on. A very intense and emotional ride!

Sala is a very "easy to read" Author and Love her! I look forward to many many more books by her.
Tommie Morris
Nov 23, 2016 Tommie Morris rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Remember Me

Very good story by one of my favorites! Ms Sala is amazing, another one you simply can't find a place to stop!!!!fast paced, very good !!!no complaints here.......a must read!
Djg
To me this book is a solid 3. A good read, not super sexy but the characters are gentle and loving and you feel the emotions between them.

Frankie disappeared the day after her first anniversary to Clay. Two years later, he's suffered her absence with cops who looked no further than him and suspect him of killing her. He comes home and finds her in their bed with no memory of the last 2 years. She has needle marks in her arms and a head injury.

It's a little heartbreaking as they work their way th
CI
Jun 29, 2015 CI rated it it was ok
This should have been a great book. The premise was interesting: What happens (and why) when a new wife disappears with no hint of what has happened and then reappears 2 years later with memory loss and needle tracks.

However, it seems like that is where the 'interesting' bit ended. The execution was poor - I am not sure if it was because of the book length (but then I have read similar length books which pulled of the 'suspense' better) or the author's style but it read like a Harlequin M&B
Shawnee Bowlin
Jan 02, 2014 Shawnee Bowlin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Remember Me" was my first read from Sharon Sala. She did a great job of plot twisting. I must admit, I was surprised by her links to the person responsible for the wife's disappearance. It was great the way Sala reintroduced the wife to the story. I felt the connection to the character and could easily imagine had it been myself in her situation.
Although I was surprised that the home base remained the same after such a wild incident, that was rectified later on, so no worries on that issue. Oth
Nov 27, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspence-romance
I love Sharon Sala and could read yesterday's news with avid fascination ... as long as she wrote it :)
This was the second book that I read of hers (about 10 years ago) and though after reading the back cover of the book I initally thought the story would be a bit unbelievable, by the time I got to the end of chapter one I was totally hooked. You know hoe people say they can't put a good book down? This was truly one of them!
The story was so believable because Sala did a nice background that mad
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
Sep 08, 2008 Unapologetic_Bookaholic rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance suspense
Frankie and Clay are newlyweds and one day Clay returns home to find Frankie missing. He's the number 1 suspect. Two years later she returns, no recollection of where she'd been. Flashes come back to her and she's afraid whoever came for her will come again.

This was my second Sala novel. She reminds me of Erica Spindler and I enjoy the time she takes to develop the characters but doesn't drap out the mystery and make the book drag along. It was a page turner for me and I had a hard time decidin
Ann
Feb 27, 2016 Ann rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book. Best one I read in awhile. Newly married couple , her husband comes home one day from work and his wife is missing. Hes a suspect of course.The cops cant find her . Shes gone for 2 years. Husband comes home one day and shes there again. So where was she , did she leave on her own , was she kidnapped or what? It took alot of searching and remembering to find out what really happened them 2 years she was missing. Every page has something powerful on it . Just when you ...more
Allyson Abu-hajar
Nov 04, 2012 Allyson Abu-hajar rated it really liked it
I found this in a used book store, probably one of the few
books of Sharon Sala's that I wasn't aware of. Whenever a new book by her comes out, I buy it.

It was an enjoyably read. Frankie, a wife to Clay of one year comes up missing one day. The town suspects Clay murdered his wife, although there is no evidence. Then as suddenly as Frankie disappeared, she is back but without her memory. As she gets bits and pieces of her memory back, it becomes a race against time to find out who the abductor w
Andrea
Jul 15, 2010 Andrea rated it really liked it
This book is really different from what I usually read. I really like the plot. The wife was kidnapped from her own house. The husband came home and didn't find her. Then 2 years later, the husband found her in the bed. The wife didn't remember anything from her last 2 years. So the couple is trying to figure out what happened to the wife, such as who kidnapped her, and why? I really enjoyed this book. :)
Mum
A good read on a sleepless night. The drug lord thing was a little overdone. For the year 1999, believable. Not so much now. It would have been nice to have more realistic weather for Denver. It never rains for days, especially prior to 2000, and it once every five to ten years snows like that. Denver is in a semi-arid climate.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Clay LeGrand's wife disappear two years ago and he comes home one day and finds her there. Where has she been the past two years? Frankie can't say because she has amnesia and can't remember.

Interesting journey in discovering what happened to Frankie and learning to love and trust again. I liked it. One of her better novels.
Ilse DeBord
Apr 18, 2016 Ilse DeBord rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another wonderful Sharon Sala story

I love Sharon's characters and he creative story line. The book grabbed my attention from the beginning and kept it to the end. Clay and Frankie came through as real people with real lives and even Pharaoh was human although skewed. A good read.
Jo Anne
Jun 05, 2016 Jo Anne rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016
Chilling premise. Great suspense, and a wonderful love story. After a forced and very painful separation, these two damaged characters fight long and hard to regain trust and love. Nobody does this kind of story better than Sharon Sala.
kim parsons
Feb 26, 2016 kim parsons rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Remember Me

This was a good story of lost love and reunion. It took a while to actually get into reading it but once I did it was a good book. The author is one of my favorites,and this was a different style of her writing for me.
Tonia
Jun 29, 2012 Tonia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the book. I love books that the character can't remember what happened to them. Was a pretty good ready to ... easy to read and was like I was talking to someone I knew. Love how the Author uses regular words and not big words that only a professor would know :)
Monica Lombardi
Jul 20, 2013 Monica Lombardi rated it liked it
Three and a half stars

A good, promising beginning, a dull, disappointing central part (where all characters - well, except the bad guys - do the right thing, say the right thing, even think the right thing), a fast-paced reprise in the end. Overall, the feeling of a missed opportunity.
Shermel
Apr 05, 2011 Shermel rated it really liked it
Shelves: rom_des
Just searching for good read one day at the library and was surprised by the plot. Even through I hated the general story development it was hard to put down. The ending broke my heart, very well written.
Lavenia Otts
Feb 11, 2016 Lavenia Otts rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good thriller

This couple goes through the torment of the wife being missing for two years; everyone thinks her husband killed her. Two years later she comes back, but she doesn't remember what happened to her.
Tonya Lucas
Aug 17, 2014 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing
An excellent book. This book had me hooked from the start to finish. Fast paced and at times a little nailbiting. Great summer read.
Raine
Mar 15, 2015 Raine rated it it was amazing
The first ever Sharon Sala book I have ever read. After this there's no going back I'm addicted to her books...

1/1/2002
Michele bookloverforever
Mar 03, 2016 Michele bookloverforever rated it really liked it
mysterious disappearance, sudden reappearance year's later, amnesia, fear, frightening memories, truth revealed and terror relived.
julie morse
Mar 08, 2016 julie morse rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome author

She's up there with the best authors. This book didn't disappoint. The plot was believable and kept you moving. Can't wait to read more books by Sharon
Susie Jamison
Mar 19, 2016 Susie Jamison rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sharon Sala :)

Always a good read from this author! Can't go wrong. Was looking for a new book, and I'm pretty sure I read this years ago. Still loved it. :)
Marianne Broccolo Bair
Great story

Remember Me was one of those hard to put down once you started reading it books. The whole storyline was excellent and I was hooked from the first page to the last.
Melissa
Sep 18, 2014 Melissa rated it liked it
3.5 stars--Wife disappears for two years and then reappears with amnesia. Suspenseful and satisfying ending.
  • The Perfect Lie
  • The Whore (Wasteland, #2)
  • Naked Truth (Dragon One #1)
  • Private Investigations
  • Jinxed
  • A Perfect Fit
  • A Game of Dress-Up
  • Touch of Trouble (Touch Series)
  • Cat Scratch Fever
  • In His Arms
  • Submitting To The Boss (West Coast #2)
  • Inescapable
  • The Wanderer (Wasteland, #1)
  • On the Edge (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #1.5)
  • The Prodigal Daughter
  • Captive Heart
  • Lone Star Trouble
  • Unbridled

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...