Start by marking “Chance McCall ” as Want to Read:
Chance McCall

Chance McCall

Love and ShadowsRugged and strong, Chance McCall was an awakening, a mystery, a dream -- and Jennifer Ann Tyler loved him from the moment he hired on at the Triple T Ranch. Through the passing years he has always kept his distance, afraid that his checkered history and uncertain future destroyed any chance for happiness with the boss’s beautiful daughter. Now a tragic acci ...more
Published August 1st 1993 by HarperTorch

To ask other readers questions about Chance McCall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chance McCall

Lyndi
Jul 24, 2014 Lyndi rated it really liked it
So the basic story is Jenny loves Chance; Chance loves Jenny, but has a shady background and doesn't think he deserves her, so he pushes her away; Chance has an accident and experiences amnesia - he doesn't remember Jenny, but he can feel that he loves her; Chance goes to investigate his history and discover whether or not he'll ever be able to come to Jenny with a clean slate.

Not bad. I like the idea, haven't really come across this twist with the "hero-with-anmesia" trope. So I really enjoyed
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Chance McCall - I fell in love with him after that very first scene of him and little Jenny (and the cute bandages!). I was dying right along side him and Jenny every time he turned her love away. It was heartbreaking but the HEA was so worth it.

This is about a broken hero who finally decides to uncover and face his past, in order to finally have a chance at a bright future with the girl who's won his heart and tamed his troubled soul.

Jenny puts up with a lot of heartache and tears to get her
Dawn ♥ romance
Sep 08, 2013 Dawn ♥ romance rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
A good book that seemed a bit slow and repetitive at first but once the action got started it really took off and I was rather surprised at some of the past secrets. Hired hand Chance moves to foreman over the years and owners daughter Jenny has always been his shadow.
RomReader❤️Spoiler Giver✨
Neglected daughter of rancher has been in love with ranch's foreman since she was young but he doesn't want to commit to her b/c of the secrets of his past. When he gets amnesia, he goes back to his hometown to figure out what's kept him from committing to very-willing heroine.

This Sala book had a good premise & promising romance & sexual chemisty but it dragged on & on. This book would've been better if shortened by 100 pages. It didn't help that the female characters of the book we
Lhenry
If you are in the mood for angst - this suits the bill nicely. Poor Chance has been through a pretty lousy childhood and it takes a long long time to find out what exactly happened and then how to resolve the remaining issues. The flashback narration serves to keep the reader is suspense and worked very well. Chance is a fantastic, super likable hero. Ifdidn't come off as sullen and secretive at times he would be too perfect. His true love, Jenny, is not perfect either but her whininess and, in ...more
Jessica Robinson
Sep 13, 2014 Jessica Robinson rated it it was ok
I found the book shocking at times and it's definitely not to my tastes but honestly I don't think it was that bad. The amnesia plot was interesting for the most part and I didn't hate the characters even when I seriously questioned their decisions. I don't think I'll run out and buy a pile of Sala's melodramatic incestuous cowboy romances but if any of that sounds good to you then this'll totally do it for you.
Lorena Helfers
Nov 25, 2015 Lorena Helfers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What does it feel like to not remember or plain not know.

It's an empty feeling, I can tell you that. Not really belonging to anyone is a feeling one should never have to go through. When I was 73, I found out that I was just like my birth brother only he had passed away 10 years prior to that knowledge. But at least there had been someone that I resembled , I was finally a real person not just a nonentity. A very good story and well written.
Carrie
Nov 12, 2010 Carrie rated it it was ok
2.5* I liked it, but it got too saccharine for me. The writing was okay but not great, and the book seemed dated. Sala did have an interesting twist on the amnesia plot, which I liked. Plus I was interested enough to read it through quickly.
Maura
Jul 09, 2012 Maura rated it liked it
Shelves: suspense
I thought the premise was a little hard to believe. The heroine was not as credible as the hero and lacked a back bone imo. The hero was a little bit too good. What saved it was the mystery of the hero's background and I was surprised by the outcome.
Suze
May 29, 2016 Suze rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CHANCE MCCALL

This is one of the best love stories I have ever read. Chance's life story tugs at your heart strings. Great western setting, wonderful characters- would highly recommend.
Pamela
Nov 24, 2012 Pamela rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-with-heart
i really enjoy the Characters that Sharon Sala creates...I have not read anything yet that she has written that I did not enjoy. Great storyline..a bit spicy for me in a few places but i so loved the story! Chance McCall is a great read!
Nicole
Feb 03, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it
I usually don't like stories with the amnesia theme however I loved Jennifer and Chance. At times I became exhausted with the plot but I really enjoyed this book. I don't really know if I should give this book a 3.5 or a 5 so I'll average that up to 4 stars.
Cheri D Mendenhall
Good

I had read this book a long time ago, it's still very good and Sharon Sala has the knack of writing about character s that make you smile and tug at the heart strings.
Eleanor Patrick
Heart warming

I have read every book I could find and was so pleased to find this one. It is book full of real love and a lot of laughter
Robyn
Sep 14, 2010 Robyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
If you like cowboys, mystery, and a good steamy romance novel all rolled up into one, this book is it. I've read this book many times over.
Jillian
Jillian rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2011
Kami
Kami rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2014
Elaine Meyer
Elaine Meyer rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2013
Anna Bowling
Anna Bowling rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2016
Booksandcat
Booksandcat rated it liked it
Sep 29, 2014
Lady_lit
Lady_lit rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2011
Sylvie Pepos
Sylvie Pepos rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Lindsey Ruppe
Lindsey Ruppe rated it liked it
Mar 03, 2012
  • Legend
  • Branded by the Texas Rancher (Cowboy Bad Boys # 2)
  • The Texan (Bitter Creek, #2)
  • Summer Breeze
  • Carrera's Bride (Long, Tall Texans, #27)
  • His Safe Keeping (Safe, #1)
  • Tall, Dark and Cowboy
  • Loving Jessie
  • Daniel's Bride
  • A Game of Chance (Mackenzie Family, #5)
  • Wife for a Day
  • The Morning Side of Dawn (Holt, #3)
  • In Your Eyes
  • Present Danger
  • Breaking Brent (Roped, #2)
  • Bridleton
  • A Knight in Cowboy Boots (McKnight, #1)

Biography

Sharon Sala is a long-time member of RWA, as well as a member of OKRWA. She has 100 plus books in print, published in five different genres – Romance, Young Adult, Western, Fiction, and Women’s Fiction. First published in 1991, she’s an eight-time RITA finalist, winner of the Janet Dailey Award, five-time Career Achievement winner from RT Magazine, five time winner of the National Reader
More about Sharon Sala...