Start by marking “Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)” as Want to Read:
Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers, #6)

Holly and Mistletoe (Hometown Heartbreakers #6)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  1,163 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
A storm had claimed her apartment and now Holly Garrett was without a home for the holidays. But just when she saw her plans for Christmas crumbling, a miracle came her way. The handsome firefighter who'd saved her and her cat--and who'd injured himself in the rescue--was now asking her for help. And he was inviting her to live with him. Sure, she could cook and clean for ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Silhouette Books (first published November 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Holly and Mistletoe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holly and Mistletoe

Angie
Dec 22, 2015 Angie rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, romance
Christmas romance with an overly naive, shy, innocent female lead named Holly. She meets firefighter Jordan when he saves her beloved cat Mistletoe from her apartment fire. Jordan injured himself while doing this and Holly being sweet natured visits him. They have an instant attraction and things move forward from there. Pretty sweet story but Holly's extreme naïveté was a definitely detracting from the storyline. It's hard to believe someone in the 90s could be quite as innocent as Holly. I did ...more
Pamela
Dec 06, 2015 Pamela rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-books
This book was set in the '90's so excuse me if I say...WTF! No one is that "shy" or naïve unless they had lived in a cave their entire life! Holly, the female lead, was just too stupid to bother with. Which was a shame because I like Christmas stories and the rest of the characters seemed ok. But really, I just couldn't handle the oh-so-innocent Holly.
Barb
Apr 19, 2013 Barb rated it it was amazing
A storm had claimed her apartment and now Holly Garrett was without a home for the holidays. But just when she couldn't see a 'merry' Christmas the handsome firefighter who'd saved her and her cat--and who'd injured himself in the rescue--was now asking her for help. Flat on his back for more than a month, he was inviting her to live with him, and could cook and keep him company, and be his nursemaid.

Jordan Haynes couldn't let Holly be alone for Christmas--not when she brought out his every pro
Rochelle
Jan 14, 2013 Rochelle rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: 40-year old virgins
Shelves: chick-lit, read-2013
I hate virgins.
I really do.
I mean, sure, if you're 16, save it, etc. 16 is too young. But I'm getting sick of the Regency Romances where all of the women are expected to be pure and chaste, and the men are rakes. But this takes the cake - a 28-year old virgin?? Basically, her mom is sick for so long she didn't have time?!?!?
And it's not only that she is a virgin, she's so annoying - "oh, I have an extra 15 pounds, oh, why would you ever like me?" Get some self-esteem and then call me!
This book w
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
There are moments btwn Jordan and Molly sweet as cotton candy, in a good way.

The problem is you're never allowed to forget that this is part of a series, cause the darn family members keep showing up EVERYWHERE. Constantly meddling, making glib references to their own romances, or brow beating the main characters ( Tell her you love her why dont cha! Whatever you say, just don't break his heart....dun dun dun dun. You'll nevah evah evah find another like ___ ( insert name and prerequisite sassy
Dee

Better with series
Yona
Dec 26, 2013 Yona rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This book was just silly and unbelievable and i hated the end.
Diana Brockelbank
Dec 05, 2013 Diana Brockelbank rated it really liked it
A little slow to start, but a great finish! Nice Christmas story.
Angie
Synopsis: "A storm had claimed her apartment and now Holly Garrett was without a home for the holidays. But just when she saw her plans for Christmas crumbling, a miracle came her way. The handsome firefighter who'd saved her and her cat--and who'd injured himself in the rescue--was now asking her for help. And he was inviting her to live with him. Sure, she could cook and clean for him while he recuperated, but was that really all he wanted?Jordan Haynes couldn't let Holly be alone for Christma ...more
Amy
Dec 08, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
This is a fun Christmas romance. It works well as a stand-alone but also adds nicely to the Haynes family saga in the Hometown Heartbreakers series. I really liked both Holly and Jordan and I appreciated their fears of love trust, given their background. I sometimes felt Mallery bludgeoned those ideas a bit much but overall, the romance followed a nice progression. I thought having the heroine be named Holly, and with a cat named Mistletoe, was a nice holiday touch. And I liked that even ...more
Ann Boytim
Nov 27, 2016 Ann Boytim rated it liked it
Holly is now without a home because of a disaster that happened to her apartment but the firefighter who saved Holly and her cat comes to the rescue. Jordan in turn needs some help as he was injured in the rescue. Jordan has four brothers and wives who in turn help Holly back in her feet.
The Book Worm
Jan 05, 2016 The Book Worm rated it liked it
This book was not on my Christmas Reading List, but picked it up nevertheless, because it was in season. It's not a recent book, it was published over three years ago, but since I've read other books by Susan Mallery lately and enjoyed them, I thought I could fit it in anyway. Well, to be honest, I was a bit disappointed. In my opinion this is one of those books where the synopsis sounds a lot better than the story actually is.

It started out OK, but them a lot of details failed to add up. Jord
Paige

HOLLY AND MISTLETOE was a sweet Christmas romance.
***Details***
A fire leaves Holly and her pregnant cat, Mistletoe homeless and firefighter Jordan Haynes recovering.

Feeling a deep sense of responsibility for his injuries, Holly goes to visit Jordan and the two begin a deep sense of friendship that neither really understands.

I haven’t read the previous books, but I gathered there was a deep hurt and anguish in the brothers. An abusive father who chased anything with a skirt and a moth
Gwen
Mar 31, 2016 Gwen rated it it was ok
Sarah Eiseman
This book, I think, is part of another series, although I’m having some trouble finding the other books on Kindle. Holly and her cat, Mistletoe, are new to town. But not new enough to avoid disaster. She ends up meeting Jordan Haynes, a local fireman, as he rescues her cat from her apartment’s flood. During Jordan’s recovery from saving her (and the cat), this brooding Haynes closes himself in his Victorian home desperately in need of renovation. Holly, with her store called A Victorian Parlor, ...more
Alayna Dickerson
Feb 15, 2015 Alayna Dickerson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Sweet Romance

As always, Susan Mallery shines through her characters. Jordan is a firefighter who is hurt after he rescues Holly's cat Mistletoe from a fire. She goes to him to help nurse him back to health, and they slowly fall in love. Add a cat to the mix, a large family, a former housekeeper also playing nurse, and you have a funny, sweet story. The scene where Holly has her first time was beautifully written, the best I've ever read. It was handled tenderly and lovingly and made you feel f
Cailey
Dec 23, 2013 Cailey rated it it was ok
I wanted to read a quick cheesy Christmas book, and this delivered on that, but was pretty poor plot-wise and had a lot of little errors. I am a pretty attentive reader, so those bits really bugged me, as actual descriptions were kind of light. I liked Holly, but I thought they used the word "innocent" about 6,000 times in the book and that just kind of pissed me off. I also haven't read any of the other books in the series, so I was irritated at the constant intrusion of the characters from ...more
Emily Higgins
Jun 07, 2015 Emily Higgins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This book is named for the main character, Holly Garret and her cat, Mistletoe, not the holiday decorations, as I had assumed. It does take place at Christmas time. Holly's apartment was made unlivable by a severe storm. Firefighter Jordan Haynes offered to let her stay with him until she had enough money to rent another apartment. It is hard to believe that any grown woman could be as unaware of male-female relationships as Holly is portrayed in this book. Light reading.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Holly's apartment is destroyed in a storm and the fire-fighter, Jordan, who saved her cat needs some recuperation time so she offers to cook for him. The more time they spend together, the more the sparks fly. He lives in a large, old victorian house and asks her expertise and help to restore it. His large family likes and accepts her, bringing her into their family. Long term commitment has never appealed to Jordan until Holly. Good read!!
Victoria
Mar 11, 2014 Victoria rated it it was ok
Since December, I have been reading a box of Romance novels. Through more than 30 novels, I have fully explored the genre of Romance. I end this travel with Holly and Mistletoe, feeling as if this was a quintessential novel of the genre. I had so much fun reading all of these novels, the bad and the good.

Oh and this book was ok. Sick of the virgin trope, tbh.
Donna
Aug 18, 2015 Donna rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2015
This is the first book in this series that I read. Found it to be quite enjoyable. Was intrigued by the other members of the family, so I started reading the series in order. So far, I've liked most of the books and would recommend reading them in order as family members appear repeatedly throughout the series.
M
Jan 07, 2014 M rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this one! Sad thing is, It is the last in the series of a very old series by Susan Mallery. I even went so far as researching where i could get the rest of the books and they are only available from book markets. I was hoping they were library available. I fell in love with the family that embraces Holly and her cat Mistletoe. Great read and got it for a sale price--win, win.
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
This is book is actually not so bad. It is really cute and cuddly and warm. It is a great book if you are just in a Christmas mood, or are a new comer to romance. Seasoned Romance Vets probably won't appreciate it however, the nuvo-roms probably will enjoy it. The characters were really nice, makes you wish they were in a serious contemporary romance.
Dixie-lee Campbell
Nov 27, 2014 Dixie-lee Campbell rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much. It was hard to put down. A great book to read at Christmas, actually it will be uplifting at anytime of the year to read. You won't be sorry. There was a good flow in the story that carried right thru to the end. I wish there was more to read about this family.
Kai
an excellent Christmas romance and a cat! Everyone knew that Holly and Jordan belonged together except Holly and Jordan. Let's face it, he saved her cat's life. it was destined. This story embraced the holiday and the start of family traditions. It was very touching.
Kat Wilde
Sep 26, 2013 Kat Wilde rated it it was ok
The characters were likable enough and the Christmas setting was endearing, but the book seemed highly repetitive. Same phrases over and over, characters harping on the same issues over and over. Not the greatest.
paula irby
May 06, 2015 paula irby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Susan delivers another winner!

Wonderful story that defines everything good that is important in life. Hometown Heartbreakers series hits it out of the park with this beautiful, touching, and memorable book.
Donna
Mar 08, 2011 Donna rated it liked it
I may have made an error by reading this series straight through because they all seem to be basically the same book with a few changes....man afraid to love and woman afraid to trust...I really liked Holly, but the plot wasn't particularly interesting.
Shari Hendrickson
Holiday Love Story

Susan Mallery's books have everything you want in a romance. A great looking guy, a wonderful girl for him, and a supporting family to guide them to the finish line. Make that down the aisle. Add in a mischievous cat and you've got a keeper.
Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave
It was ok. I like Susan Mallery. But this one had some issues. I was able to beleive the 28yr old virgin thing. But not knowing that a man gets hard when he's aroused? Or what a condom is? I mean come on!
kul! 7 8 Nov 29, 2014 10:16AM
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Hot Mail
  • First Date (The Bridesmaid Chronicles, #1)
  • Treat Her Right (PI & Men To The Rescue, #4)
  • Land of Dreams
  • Double Take
  • Sophie and the Scorching Sicilian (The Balfour Brides #4)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • The Tender Stranger (Soldiers of Fortune, #2)
  • Tallie's Knight
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Whatever Reilly Wants... (Three-Way Wager, #2)
  • The Disobedient Bride
  • Loving Jessie
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Inheriting His Secret Christmas Baby (Dynasties: The Jarrods #6)
  • More Than Words: Stories Of Strength: Close Call\Built To Last\Find The Way
  • Yule Be Mine (Harlequin Blaze, #436)
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Hometown Heartbreakers (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • The Best Bride (Hometown Heartbreakers, #1)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Father in Training (Hometown Heartbreakers, #3)
  • Part-Time Wife (Hometown Heartbreakers, #4)
  • Full-Time Father (Hometown Heartbreakers #5)
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Good Husband Material (Hometown Heartbreakers, #8)
  • Completely Smitten (Hometown Heartbreakers, #9)
  • One in a Million (Hometown Heartbreakers, #10)
  • Quinn's Woman (Hometown Heartbreakers, #11)

“The worst part is the unknown. The pain of being alone, the loneliness, is familiar. You've dealt with that. You understand it. But loving someone, risking everything, is unknown. There's no way to know how bad it's going to be. You barely survive the pain of being alone, so how can you deal with anything worse? So you don't bother to try.” 6 likes