Start by marking “Teeth and Tongue Landscape” as Want to Read:
Teeth and Tongue Landscape

Teeth and Tongue Landscape

In a world made out of meat, a socially-obsessive monophobic man finds himself to be the last human being on the face of the planet. Desperate for social interaction, he explores the landscape of flesh and blood, teeth and tongue, trying to befriend any strange creature or community that he comes across.
Published September 22nd 2006 by Eraserhead Press (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Teeth and Tongue Landscape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Teeth and Tongue Landscape

John Dies at the End by David WongVacation by Jeremy C. ShippHELP!  A Bear is Eating Me! by Mykle HansenThe Cannibals of Candyland by Carlton Mellick IIIApeshit by Carlton Mellick III
Bizarro
280th out of 288 books — 206 voters

More lists with this book...

Demi Abromaits
Oct 22, 2013 Demi Abromaits rated it it was amazing
Though this is my first read of Carlton Mellick III (for now), I am an avid fan of the strange depths from which he pulls his ideas. Teeth and Tongue Landscape was an extremely unique and memorable read, following one man in his search for companionship in the populations of a fleshy planet. The weird ways in which familiar images meet and interact on this meat planet are forever carved into my memory, clicky-clicky. The subtly woven social commentary coupled with the bizarre yet almost tangibly ...more
Kat
Dec 02, 2012 Kat rated it liked it
So I guess I'm going to be a downer here, as I gave this book less stars than the other reviewers. It is not for lack of approving this novella...more that it is nowhere near one of my favorites by CM3. I love his work, but for whatever reason, this one just couldn't keep my attention like most of his others.

The lead character lives in a world made of flesh. After returning home and realizing everyone is gone, he sets out to find what he assumes must be the last of humankind, if there are any to
Andrew Stone
Dec 22, 2014 Andrew Stone rated it liked it
There were aspects of this book I really liked. The world is amazing. I dug the relationship between the protagonist and the metal woman. Also, I think CM3 experimented a lot with writing style in this book. I like the way he played with dialogue; however, I think a lot of the experimentation here didn't work out so well. There were a lot of hyphenated words, and consequently, the language in this book is really choppy. As a result, I found this book kind of frustrating to read.

This book clearl
James Dunphy
Jul 13, 2013 James Dunphy rated it it was amazing
This is my first Carlton Mellick read. I enjoy it thoroughly. Describing it is uniquely difficult, but it is basically a post-apocalyptic fantasy set on a human face-world. The world is so interesting, and (what I believe is) thought out. It is forever going to stick in the fantasy worlds in my head. Behind this bizarro exterior there are some deep and interesting thoughts and themes that stick out in this book. Isolation, companionship, & appearances all being highlights.

I loved this book.
Weathervane
Apr 06, 2010 Weathervane rated it really liked it
Shelves: bizarro
The first Mellick book I've read -- and I'm reasonably impressed. His imagery is fantastic and suitably revolting. Didn't like the constant fusion words with slashes. They work at times, but the gimmick gets overused.

Interesting stuff. The story is sincere, and it works.
James
Jun 08, 2015 James rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bizarro
Bizarre indeed!
Pedro Proença
Dec 27, 2015 Pedro Proença rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eraserhead-press
Thank you, Laser Roboto, for having written this book. Top 5 CMIII for me.
Amanda
Oct 24, 2007 Amanda rated it it was amazing
Crazy descriptive weird stuff... this world is very imaginative.
Colette
Jan 18, 2008 Colette rated it really liked it
Shows better than anything why you can't live to impress.
Tasha-Lynn
Oct 09, 2011 Tasha-Lynn rated it it was ok
Not my fave Mellick book
Brittany Phillips
Brittany Phillips marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2016
Casey Bartsch
Casey Bartsch rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2016
Kev Hector
Kev Hector marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Hentai
Hentai marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2016
Shane
Shane marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Anthony Fornof
Anthony Fornof marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Vespertine
Vespertine marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Faris
Faris marked it as to-read
May 04, 2016
Tony Vogt
Tony Vogt rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Jeffrey Moreira
Jeffrey Moreira rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
TizzyC
TizzyC marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
David Walsh
David Walsh marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Misty
Misty marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Ocean of Lard
  • King Scratch
  • It Came from Below the Belt
  • The Bizarro Starter Kit (blue)
  • Wall of Kiss
  • The Pickled Apocalypse of Pancake Island
  • The Overwhelming Urge
  • Archelon Ranch
  • Some Things Are Better Left Unplugged
  • The Emerald Burrito of Oz
  • Love in the Time of Dinosaurs
  • Pseudo-City
Carlton Mellick III (July 2, 1977, Phoenix, Arizona) is an American author currently residing in Portland, Oregon. He calls his style of writing "avant-punk," and is currently one of the leading authors in the recent 'Bizarro' movement in underground literature[citation needed] with Steve Aylett, Chris Genoa and D. Harlan Wilson.

Mellick's work has been described as a combination of trashy schlock
More about Carlton Mellick III...