Start by marking “Havets djup (En ö i havet, #3)” as Want to Read:
Havets djup (En ö i havet, #3)

Havets djup (En ö i havet #3)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  406 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
I snart fyra år har Wienflickorna Steffi och hennes lillasyster Nelli varit i Sverige. Steffi går i läroverket i Göteborg, Nelli är kvar hos sin fosterfamilj. Steffi är snart sexton, på väg att bli vuxen. Hela livet ligger framför henne. Om bara kriget tog slut. "Havets djup" är den tredje delen av fyra i Annika Thors rosade serie om systrarna Steffi och Nelli, som visas s ...more
Published 2003 by Bonnier Carlsen (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Havets djup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Havets djup

Meaghan
Megan
Deep Sea is the third book in a series by Annika Thor (Faraway Island and The Lily Pond being the first two installments). The Steiner sisters, Stephie and Nellie, were sent from their home in Vienna to live with foster families in Sweden in 1939 at the outset of WWII. Over the past three years (and first two books) WWII takes off and things quickly go from bad to worse. Their Jewish parents are sent to camps and the sisters have little to no information about their well being. Nellie takes to S ...more
Becky
I didn't realize this was in a series, so I'll have to go back and read the others.
Merewen
I would probably have given the whole serie five stars when I read it in middle school (over 10 years ago).
I read it in a collection book containing all four books. It's a lovely serie about two girls comming to Sweden during WWII. I remember carrying around the book, reading in odd places beacause I liked it so much.
(;Missy.Lala;)
Not really a book I would recommend reading, unless you are a huge fan on historical fiction novels, and about girls finding their way through difficult situations.

If you expect anything different, you would be guessing wrong.

More soon...
Kathy Locke
Jul 18, 2015 Kathy Locke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a moving historical fiction from WWII era. At times heart wrenching, but filled with hope as Stephi navigates being a teenager during the war.
Robin
The third in the series -- loved it. Can't wait to find out what happens to Stephie as the war ends. Have loved seeing her grow up. It's been four years since her family has been together, and she's starting to understand that things will never be the same again. At the same time, she's trying to follow her dreams of an education and future and to look out for her younger sister, Nellie, as best she can.
Westerville
Jan 14, 2015 Westerville rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, fiction
The third in the series -- loved it. Can't wait to find out what happens to Stephie as the war ends. Have loved seeing her grow up. - Robin, Youth Services

Reserve a library copy.
Hirosasazaki Sasazaki
すごく面白かった。戦争の暗部、人種差別、青春など、様々な要素をはらんで主人公ステファニーが生きていく。少年少女の成長をもろにテーマにしたほうが児童文学の賞をとりやすいのだろうか。この本で有名な賞を受賞されている。個人的には、その賞は、第一作目から受けるに値する。月に一冊、本当に面白い本に出会えればいいと思っていたけど、このシリーズは今まで一作も裏切らない。素晴らしい作品だ。
Julia
Jan 22, 2013 Julia rated it it was amazing
Ohh, how I love this series. Third book, and still really interested in the story and the books are still going strong. Love it.
Sallyavena
Apr 25, 2012 Sallyavena marked it as to-read
Doesn't look like it is translated yet, so sad.
Josefin Wikner
Josefin Wikner rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Elina
Elina marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Anna Ljungkvist
Anna Ljungkvist rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Margarita Lavrentjeva
Margarita Lavrentjeva rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
Maria Wadsten
Maria Wadsten rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Louise
Louise rated it it was amazing
Jul 03, 2016
Xandra Leigh
Xandra Leigh marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Joe
Joe rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2016
John Cox
John Cox is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2016
Sofie Brånedal
Sofie Brånedal rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2016
Mafalda
Mafalda rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Edvin Ryne
Edvin Ryne rated it it was ok
Jun 20, 2016
Estelle
Estelle rated it it was ok
Jun 19, 2016
Venlafaxine
Venlafaxine rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
  • Syskonkärlek
  • I Miss You, I Miss You!
  • Fittstim
  • Hur man botar en feminist
  • Wall
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • In the Deep End (Art & Coll, # 2)
  • Nils Karlsson-Pyssling
  • Kulla-Gulla (Kulla-Gulla, #1)
  • Aivot pellolle
  • Flambards in Summer (Flambards, #3)
  • En komikers uppväxt
  • Kort kjol
  • Orani: My Father's Village
  • Stad i världen (Stadserien, #5)
  • Överenskommelser (Slottet Wadenstierna, #1)
  • The Settlers (The Emigrants, #3)
  • Vi är inte sådana som i slutet får varandra
Annika Thor grew up in a Jewish family in Gothenburg, Sweden, in the 1950s and 60s. She started work as a librarian and then went on to work as a film and television critic, and finally dedicated herself to writing books, plays, and screenplays for young people. She is one of Sweden’s best known authors for young people. Her books have been translated into many languages and have won many prizes.
More about Annika Thor...

En ö i havet (4 books)
  • A Faraway Island
  • The Lily Pond
  • Öppet hav (En ö i havet, #4)