Start by marking “Swept Away” as Want to Read:
Swept Away

Swept Away

His eyes met hers, and for a moment they were frozen in time. She detested this man with a fury that threatened to swamp her. And tonight she had to make him want her more than he had ever wanted any woman…

When Deverel Grey, Lord Stonehaven, mistakenly accused Sir Selby Armiger of a crime he hadn't committed, he subjected the innocent man's family to ruinous scandal. That
Published January 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Swept Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Swept Away

Bee
Jul 24, 2011 Bee rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I like cheesy romance books set in the regency times. Are they fine literature? Nope. Are there ever any real surprises? Nah. But they are satisfying and fun anyway.

I'm a big fan of Amanda Quick romances and recently started reading Candace Camp. This is a stand alone book (yes, I'm a sucker for trilogies or multi-series books) but it was still quite fun. Usually the female characters of these times have to be such sticklers for their reputation and never get to have any fun, but Camp seems to b
MuchAdo
Sep 25, 2016 MuchAdo rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, borefest
DNF

I cannot stand anachronistic books passing themselves off as historical romances. Lasted for about 100 pages and gave up, life's too short. Glad I did not pay any money for it but not glad for the precious minutes I waisted on this awful book that thinks writing contemporary characters in costume is all a historical romance is. Will avoid this writer like the plague in the future.
Yukino
May 20, 2015 Yukino rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2015
PAROLA DEL MESE: lettera

In realtà sono tre stelle e mezzo. Si mi è piaciuto, ma la parte iniziale non mi ha convinto più di tanto.
Domani faccio una recensione decente..ora è l'una di notte ed è il caso che io vada a letto ;)

Okay eccomi.
Il libro mi è piaciuto. Julia vuole riabilitare il nome della famiglia e scagionare suo fratello accusato di aver sottratto soldi da un fondo che gestiva con tre suoi amici e per non aver retto allo scandalo si è suicidato.

Julia crede che in realtà sia stato Lord
Aldy
Feb 03, 2012 Aldy rated it liked it
Shelves: venganza, historica
Francy
Sep 29, 2014 Francy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Da http://leggerefantastico.blogspot.it
3 1/2
Immergersi in un romance storico dopo essersi abbuffati di contemporanei, potrebbe rivelarsi un soffice balsamo che allieta la mente e stimola i sensi di noi, infaticabili lettrici romantiche. A maggior ragione se questi è un romanzo arricchito da una fragrante storia d'amore e di passione e condito con una generosa dose di battibecchi e tensione. L'eta è quella Regency, l'ambientazione ovviamente non poteva non essere che Londra. Julia Armiger è una d
Blackjack
Sep 29, 2013 Blackjack added it
Shelves: books-i-own
Swept Away, Candace Camp (B) - This was my first Camp novel and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't overwhelmed by it. It feels just a little dated to me, and overall, the first part of the story is a little disjointed from the second half. The first act is almost farcical in that the heroine believes the hero is a criminal who set up her brother and embezzled a fortune. She and her family members, including servants, decide to kidnap the hero and coerce him into confessing. Somewhere within the silly ...more
P.
Jul 15, 2016 P. rated it liked it
I liked this book in spite of itself. It starts out well, and even though there is a been there done that feel, it is well written - caveat, the heroine, the 'strong' female in the tale, ought not to have been let out without a keeper so she gets a bit tedious and I had to skip great bits of her fretting about the poor job she's doing - not that this stopped her. The hero is decent. The end is a train wreck, but by then you're inured.
tired
Sep 08, 2013 tired rated it liked it
Took me forever to finish I didn't like that the hero was more concerned with bedding the heroine and that the heroine at times seemed to waiver between I am not a loose woman to he is touching my breast and laying me down in the carriage it took me month to finish and I only did because I got bored and wanted to see if it got better. Really more of a 2,5
Elc
Jun 28, 2013 Elc rated it liked it
it's a 3-4 star for me. i love the characters and there are funny moments but I feel like it hasn't reach its potential. I feel like the long conversations between other characters are a bit distracting
libri che amore
Sep 28, 2014 libri che amore rated it really liked it
Le quattro lettere di Candace Camp un libro davvero piacevole ecco la mia recensione
Brandy
Jul 26, 2015 Brandy marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Vasso Chatzimanoli
Για άλλη μία φορά η Κάντις Κάμπ δεν με απογοήτευσε!Ένα όμορφο ταξίδι μέσα σ'ένα διαφορετικό "κόσμο" μαζί με μια καλά δομημένη δόση μυστηρίου είναι ένας εγγυημένος συνδιασμός για να περάσεις όμορφα!!
siriusedward
siriusedward rated it it was ok
Feb 19, 2015
Nou
Nou rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2010
Sara
Sara rated it it was amazing
May 27, 2010
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it liked it
Jul 17, 2010
Becky Stone
Becky Stone rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2016
ReadingAgent
ReadingAgent rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2011
youree
youree rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Jkbooks
Jkbooks rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Racheljmitchell
Racheljmitchell rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2013
Lynn Futch
May 09, 2011 Lynn Futch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author has a great dialogue between characters. I enjoyed the banter.
Grace
Grace rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2013
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Maria
Maria rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2013
Kim
Kim rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2012
Renata
Renata rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2013
Rene Wallace
Rene Wallace rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
Maria Elena Jimenez
Maria Elena Jimenez rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2012
Jackie Monroe
Jackie Monroe rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
  • Elyza
  • My Surrender (The Rose Hunters Trilogy #3)
  • The Lady in Question (Effingtons, #7)
  • Forbidden Fantasy
  • The Matchmaker (Maker, #1)
  • Raven's Vow (Mills and Boon Historical, #935) (Harlequin Historical, #349)
  • Never Romance a Rake (Neville Family #3)
  • Beauty and the Baron
  • Wild (Medieval Trilogy, #2)
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • To Sin With a Stranger (Seven Deadly Sins, #1)
  • Merely Married
  • To Rescue A Rogue (Company of Rogues, #13)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...