Start by marking “Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton (Spinward Fringe, #3)” as Want to Read:
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton (Spinward Fringe, #3)

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton (Spinward Fringe #3)

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,775 ratings  ·  47 reviews
Captain Valance has taken the Triton to the Enreega System. The Samson crew man the massive Sol Defence vessel with the help of deserters and are soon joined by recently displaced refugees. Though they may have taken possession of the mighty ship, the battle to keep and tame her is only beginning. She's filled with surprises and secrets.

While the Samson crew and their new
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3

Ender's Game by Orson Scott CardStarship Troopers by Robert A. HeinleinOld Man's War by John ScalziThe Forever War by Joe HaldemanOn Basilisk Station by David Weber
Military Science Fiction
277th out of 572 books — 835 voters
Sub-Human by David  SimpsonTrans-Human by David  SimpsonGrimspace by Ann AguirreLady of Mazes by Karl SchroederA Larger Universe by James L. Gillaspy
Best Tech in Sci-Fi
13th out of 13 books — 5 voters

More lists with this book...

spikeINflorida
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0, 1 & 2 were very enjoyable reads and all deserve 4 stars; however, Broadcast 3 Triton is a different story and deserves 2.5 stars, but I'm rounding up to 3 stars. Most of the little irritating aspects of the first five novelas were tolerable because of great characters and enjoyable storylines. Those same irritations have become BIG in Triton. I mean really, how many times do I have to read about a vac suit? Or the color of room decor and furnishings? Or how someb ...more
Dan
So enjoyable, the whole series is.
Kyle
Spinward Fringe Triton is the continuing story of Jonas Valent/Jake Valence. After five novellas in the series, this is Lalonde's first full-length novel, and it feels like he is really hitting his stride.

I won't spoil the reunion wth Jonas and Jake, but I will say the outcome really caught me by surprise. It was also great seeing some familiar faces from the First Light crew brought back into the story. Lalonde is setting up an epic war, and this book continues to layout the different sides, t
Weenie
The book picks up from the previous, quickly throwing the reader into the middle of fast action and the unexpected deaths of characters, old and new. One death early on really took me by surprise.

Not a bad read but I was bothered at times by something which is probably quite trivial - smiling.

Perhaps I'm being a bit glum during this cold winter month but people seemed to be smiling a lot in this book. Things were too often said 'with a smile' or with characters 'smirking', in particular when the
The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
The continuation of the Spinward Fringe Saga by Randolp Lalonde. Please see my review on the "First Light Chronicals."

The story continues and it's exciting, fun and enjoyable. Jake Valance works his warrior magic while his supporting cast of mostly new characters from the Sampson, become integrated with the old cast from the First Light. A new evil arises and the galaxy is in turmoil.

Great story, great heroes and villains. Some wonderful general themes of inclusion and human nature as well as
Tracy
Jun 22, 2013 Tracy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
I really am enjoying this series. I am loving the old, new and slightly different characters. This book in particular had some parts that made me say "really, what are you doing" commenting to the author as I am reading. And then there was a little bit of predictability near the end for me. But that is ok because at the end something happened that surprised me. Looking forward to the next book.
Catrina Taylor
Very well done. The resurrection of the most dangerous woman in the history of this universe is pleasantly terrifying. I've already purchased the rest of the series based on this book.

Thank you once again, for another great book!
Taylor
The series has petered out for me on this volume. I may have had my fill of it. When the author confines himself to military sci-fi, it works well. But, this volume is all about developing relationships and here he falls down. The characters are stereotypical, for the most part, all bad-asses in their own way, and when the author shows them as being vulnerable or just less than bad-ass, it rings hollow.
Another problem I had is that this volume goes on and on about the ship the characters are in.
Taylor P. Davidson
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton, Randolph Lalonde

I must say that I was slightly disappointed with Triton and think that the book has fallen short of the quality of its predecessors. Sadly, I found the dialogue weak, the action bland and there was no real plot to the book. It had purpose, yes, and is unarguably important to the series, but it's far from a page-turner and became quite boring in parts.

As with the rest of Spinward Fringe, Triton begins right where the last book left off and pick
Thomas Ray
Fantastic

Fantastic

This book shows a huge leap in character development over the previous ones, which were excellent books to start with. I truly think this author will become a moving force in sci-fi alongside the likes of Asimov, Bradbury, McCaffrey and Heinlein. I can't wait to read the next one.
Nanne
It'd been a while since I read the previous installment of this series and in the beginning of this one it really showed as I couldn't really recall who everyone was and how they fit in to the narrative. It wasn't a huge problem though as I gradually started to fit the pieces together and whilst not remembering everything that has happened before I was quickly immersed in the story nonetheless. That being said this book felt to me like a transit between the previous stories and what is yet to co ...more
nick
this ones different, but it gets back into the grove of things. when you least expect it something will happen to tear your heart out. at the end theres another suprise. there were a couple overused concepts & things that felt slightly like filler, but they were interestingly done.
Yougo
Oct 31, 2012 Yougo rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: sci-fi readers
Recommended to Yougo by: April Rogers
Shelves: sci-fi
Ralph
I am really enjoying the Spinward series and am already onto book 4. Book 3 picks up the action and storyline and moves it along very nicely with several major surprises (at least to me) for major characters and a gradual unveiling of the threat facing the system.
Mary Fitchett
Space

it must be good. I'm still reading. and it looks like I'm gonna get the next one. my favorite reads were murder and mayhem. oh well something new.
Fred
Every bit as good as the first two books in the Spinward Fringe series and another captivating book by one of the most under rated writers in Military Science Fiction. Lalonde's potential is endless. If you like Battlestar Galactica, the Lost Fleet series, Starship Troopers, or the Forever War, then this series is for you.

SPOILER ALERT

Some people that we thought were lost returned (Finn and Minh Chu) and others were lost forever in the form that we knew them at least (Ayan and Jonas). All in all
Brandy Hunt
The way Lalonde has pulled all the various plot points together is amazing. I was fully ready to give this installment at least four stars. However, there are three points in the plot that kind of jarred me out of the story line. There are some reunions and character meetings you have been waiting for for quite some time, and it just kind of goes ... not wrong, but not the way you think it should.

As a writer, I understand why Mr. Lalonde makes the choices he does, but as a reader, I was a bit di
Doug
Plot.... Counter plot.... Twist.... Gut wrench!!! Plot.... Twist.... Counter / twist / OMG! Yeah, that is how RL writes these books... If you want drama and intensity - read em. Woot
Yvonne Boag
-“The day approaches when insanity will grip what we have grown to trust. In every forest there is a burning, to every species comes a culling, and in time every program crashes. All so these things can be reborn, so everything from the smallest system to the whole of the galaxy can be renewed.”

I read Spinward Fringe 3: Triton by Randolph Lalonde with relish and delight, so happy to return to the world of Captain Valance and crew...(Click here to read the complete review).
Joan
It went on and on as the ship came to life filling with the necessary crew.
Randy Mccallum
Continuation of a good story, although it is ab it fractious. Kind of hard to follow sometimes
Matt
Great installment of a fun series. Like the other books in the series, it needs drastic editing.
Christopher
John Boettcher
I have no idea how Randolph Lalonde has kept me entertained so well for so long! He just pumps these books out one after another after another and the story just keeps on going. Probably one of the better space operas for your money, and probably one of the series most closely related to Firefly that I have read. Would love to hear anyone's opinion on another space opera series that is closer to the cult classic.
David Adler
Like many of LaLonde's other books in this series it is an easy read without having to focus on the details too much. At times it almost seems as if there is more than one person wrong this because some chapters do a better job of telling a story while other chapters have an almost mind-numbing focus on technology details to the point that themes and plots are disregarded.
Alexander Bradley
A continuation of a great story with plenty more lined up for the future of the series.

Deep, fantastic characters with some ingenious use of technology that really keeps you hooked into the story until you realise you've finished the book and need more.

Worth a read for any Sci-fi fan or anybody who just enjoys a deep set of characters.
Douglas Cook
First paragraph, "The stone market steps showed the passage of billions. Pandem was known as the twenty third world fully colonized by humans. Alaka and his family enjoyed living there."

Lalonde, Randolph (2008-08-01). Spinward Fringe Broadcast 3: Triton (Kindle Locations 79-81). Randolph Lalonde. Kindle Edition.
Chad Bowers
Triton, the third episode of the Spinward Fringe series. They just keep getting better, I feel. This one seems to advance quite nicely, starts out action packed, slows it down a bit, but all in all moves the plot along nicely with some cool twists and turns. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Tom Buckner
Been loving this series so far! Another great book in the Spinward Fringe series!
Donna
More character development than action in this installment of the series. Although Lalonde may be stretching it a bit with the "Is the character dead on not?" plot device, I really like these characters and I enjoyed the story. I'll be continuing on with the series.
  • The Honour of the Knights
  • Legend of the Sword (In Her Name: The Last War, #2)
  • Return to Dakistee (A Galaxy Unknown #8)
  • Straits of Hell (Destroyermen, #10)
  • Temporary Duty
  • The Rings of Haven (The Frontiers Saga #2)
  • Center of Gravity (Star Carrier, #2)
  • The Last Praetorian (The Redemption Trilogy, #1)
  • Earthman Jack vs. the Ghost Planet (The Earthman Jack Space Saga, #1)
Born in 1974, Randolph Lalonde has worked in customer service, sales, played drums for several heavy metal bands you've never heard of, dealt blackjack in a traveling casino, and serviced countless computers. He's also owned businesses in the design, printing, collectible and custom computer fields.

He completed writing his first novel in the fantasy adventure genre at the age of fifteen and has be
More about Randolph Lalonde...

Spinward Fringe (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Freeground (First Light Chronicles, #1, Spinward Fringe #0.1)
  • Limbo (First Light Chronicles, #2, Spinward Fringe #0.2)
  • First Light Chronicles Starfree Port (First Light Chronicles, #3, Spinward Fringe #0.3)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins (First Light Chronicles, #1-3, Spinward Fringe, #0)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 1: Resurrection (Spinward Fringe, #1)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 2: Awakening (Spinward Fringe, #2)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 4: Frontline (Spinward Fringe, #4)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 5: Fracture (Spinward Fringe, #5, Rogue Element, #1)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments (Spinward Fringe, #6, Rogue Element, #2)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework (Spinward Fringe, #7, Rogue Element, #3)
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 0: Origins (First Light Chronicles, #1-3, Spinward Fringe, #0) Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments (Spinward Fringe, #6, Rogue Element, #2) Spinward Fringe Broadcast 4: Frontline (Spinward Fringe, #4) Spinward Fringe Broadcast 5: Fracture (Spinward Fringe, #5, Rogue Element, #1) Spinward Fringe Broadcasts 1 and 2: Resurrection and Awakening (Spinward Fringe, #1-2, Omnibus)

“Without hardship we don't appreciate good times or know how to deal with life when things are less than ideal.” 0 likes