Start by marking “Freeground (First Light Chronicles, #1, Spinward Fringe #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Freeground (First Light Chronicles, #1, Spinward Fringe #0.1)

Freeground (First Light Chronicles #1)

The first book in the First Light Chronicles Series. Large enough to support an entire civilization, one of the last free ports all alone in the dark, Freeground Station is about to come under siege. Able to fight off periodical assaults and attempted takeovers in the past, they are losing ground technologically, and with no nearby allies they find themselves resorting to ...more
Published February 15th 2008 by Randolph Lalonde

To ask other readers questions about Freeground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeground

J.D.
I think I may have found my next addiction. This space opera has all the shiny stuff I like... high-tech gadgetry, deep space habitats, spaceships with lots of lasers and missiles, really cool characters that may be related to Mary Sue, but you like them anyway because the personality works.

Jonas Scott Valant is just not motivated to excel. In fact, the only thing he pursues with any gusto is his space combat simulations. He and his group of network friends have become so good that they just ca
Joshua
Jan 27, 2013 Joshua rated it liked it
I thought i would give this book a shot. I understand the book has been self published and could probably do with a skilled editor (though the book is free of spelling and grammatical errors which is better than most).

Some of the characters and interactions are linear and simple. A science fiction book also presumes some understanding of science, even if it is twisted with a bit of imagination to make at least seem plausible. A non-dirty nuclear weapon, which Lalonde names a super nuke, seems j
Debbie Renee
Oct 03, 2012 Debbie Renee rated it it was amazing
I picked this book up for free on my Kindle app, with no idea what it was. From the very first paragraph, Lalonde had me hooked. I was immediately thrown into the action, and I loved it. The book evoked just the right amount of emotional response, just the right amount of anxiousness for the future storyline, and did a glorious job of making me fall in love with the characters. I was delighted to find that it was part of a series, and I very much look forward to reading the rest! A fabulous ...more
Dale (Aus)
May 19, 2010 Dale (Aus) rated it really liked it
Picked this up free (ebook) from a site called smashwords. It immediately set its pace from the first page and was a great read. I have managed to read through all three in this novella series in about 2 days. The story is tight, the characters believable, many ways he could have expanded plots and subplots, but it didn't matter the story kept me interested til the last page.
Laurens Bosscher
Dec 28, 2014 Laurens Bosscher rated it liked it
Interesting enough to keep reading but at no point does this book every touch anything serious or challenging. The best description I can give is that it's a great snack, you're going to enjoy it but it's not going to benefit, overwhelm you or make you emotional in any way.
Mayjori NoneYoBusiness
Jun 16, 2013 Mayjori NoneYoBusiness rated it it was amazing
Shelves: scifi
This is my all time FAVORITE scifi series, possibly my favorite of any genre. The only problem is i get hacked off every time I read it cause it isnt long enough, short books, is actually pretty frustrating ;).
Chad Bowers
I have now read this one twice. I love the start to this series! It is a very interesting read. True fun adventure! Recommended!
Matthew Sensing
Jul 15, 2013 Matthew Sensing rated it really liked it
really enjoyed the book. this book really reminded me of star trek. being awesome, since I absolutely love star trek. awesome quick read.
Carl
Carl rated it it was ok
May 10, 2013
Dan
Dan rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Zezpool
Zezpool rated it really liked it
Jan 20, 2015
Dries
Dries rated it it was ok
Jul 29, 2015
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2013
Robert Solis
Robert Solis rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2013
Andrew Carr
Andrew Carr rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2012
Ben
Ben rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Kevin Lau
Kevin Lau rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2015
Eib
Eib rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Jeffrey
Jeffrey rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013
Karen Merriman
Karen Merriman rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2011
Tom Mcdermott
Tom Mcdermott rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Lee
Lee rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
Keith Allen
Keith Allen rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2012
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2013
Adam
Adam rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2012
Bobby
Bobby rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2016
Molly
Molly rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2012
Montasir F
Montasir F rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2016
Mack
Mack rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Pirates Bane (The Wandering Engineer, #6)
  • April (April, #1)
  • The Oncoming Storm (Angel in the Whirlwind, #1)
  • Star Vigilante (Vigilante Series, #1)
  • Flight of Freedom (Wings of Steele #2)
  • Rise of the Kobani
  • The Silver Ships (Silver Ships #1)
  • Buccaneers (Privateer Tales, #8)
  • Warstrider (Warstrider, #1)
  • The Regiment (The Regiment, #1)
  • Ships of My Fathers (Father Chessman Saga, #1)
  • On Silver Wings (Hayden War Cycle, #1)
  • Fall of the Core: Netcast: 01 (The Frontiers Saga: Fall of the Core #2)
  • Tomorrow Happens
  • Destruction (Galactic Empire Wars, #1)
  • Turning Point (Sholan Alliance, #1)
  • Exodus of the Phoenix
  • The Radiant Seas (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #4)
Born in 1974, Randolph Lalonde has worked in customer service, sales, played drums for several heavy metal bands you've never heard of, dealt blackjack in a traveling casino, and serviced countless computers. He's also owned businesses in the design, printing, collectible and custom computer fields.

He completed writing his first novel in the fantasy adventure genre at the age of fifteen and has be
More about Randolph Lalonde...

First Light Chronicles (3 books)
  • Limbo (First Light Chronicles, #2, Spinward Fringe #0.2)
  • First Light Chronicles Starfree Port (First Light Chronicles, #3, Spinward Fringe #0.3)