Insight: Case Files from the Psychic World

Insight: Case Files from the Psychic World

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  338 ratings  ·  24 reviews
In her most personal book to date, New York Times bestselling author Sylvia Browne shares intimate stories about her career giving psychic readings.

Insight is Sylvia Browne’s exploration of the experiences she has had during psychic readings over the course of her career. Opening up completely, Sylvia shares her thoughts on the significance of her gift and its impact on

Published July 25th 2006 by Dutton Adult (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Insight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Insight

Rhonda
This book was good in that you read "real accounts" from people ......I would recommend it for people starting to read Sylvia Browne..touches on many basics....then whatever peaks your interest reach for another of her books to read about it more
Jessica
She makes reference on p.8 to some people I'd like to read further about like Madame Helena Blavatsky - although a little outrageous in her presentation, she predicted things that came to pass after her death in 1891. Apparantly Albert Einstein kept her book handy - The Secret Doctrine.

H.G Wells (War of the Worlds) predicted many modern day machines also.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Sherlock Holmes stories....almost the last half of his life was dedicated to spiritual studies.

Edgar Cayce - also prop...more
Katie
Sylvia has the tendency to write about the same things over and over, publishing them in book after book. She usually talks about when she first realized she was psychic, how she dealt with this realization, and what being a psychic really means. However, while she touches on these topics (how can she not?), this is one of Sylvia's best books. She actually goes into details about cases she's helped to solve, and some of the stories are truly gripping. This is a great read!
Juliana Haught
This was a really interesting book. I liked reading Sylvia's experiences growing up, and I found the cases she presented and the testimonials to be fascinating. I would say this is even a feel-good book. Sylvia left me with a feeling of well-being and reassurance, actually. She seems like quite the character, and I have to admire someone who has such clarity and acceptance about who she is, even in the face of skeptics and scoffers.
Marta
this was a really uplifting and inspiring book! it was so warm and comforting, i recommend it to anyone who wants to find some inner peace...i really felt like it centered me! one caveat though - if you've never read any of Sylvia's books, don't start with this one, it doesn't cover the necessary background needed to understand Sylvia's abilities.
Rachel Aydt
Fun yarn of a rainy day read if you're in the mood for such things. A fast read, but if you've read her other books you'll find this derivative, and the anecdotes are somewhat bland, and sound as if they were written more to convince of the accuracy of her work than the impact of it.
Peggy
Dec 29, 2007 Peggy rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sylvia fans
Agree with some of her stuff.. but don't really like her that much!!!
For one thing.. she charges way too much for her readings... and then writes about why she does it..
oh well.. that is my ONE S. Browne read
gave the book to a friend who loves her stuff
Natajia
Again, information repeated over and over from her other books.
Get new material to talk about!
Youre a freaking psychic. You should have more case files than just the ones explained in other books.
Sanfordgrant
Sylvia brown confuses me. She goes from great insight to shady gimmicks. I do not know how to take this book. It seems to both ramble and contradict itself. I want it to be true.
Patti
This is the sixth book that I've read by the author Sylvia Browne. They are more alike than different. Interesting reading if you are curious about afterlife.
Sara Smith
Mostly letters that people wrote in to Sylvia after they have a reading so it is an upbeat book. Some of the information provided was interesting me.
Kristi
Same stuff repeated plus i just youtubed and reality is taking the place of my imaginationg. not as interestign as i thought.
Cool
DOE has read this book. Fun and very interesting. Leaves you feeling good about yourself and the future that awaits.
Stacey
Sylvia tells stories of her years of clients, hauntings and helping out the police to solve crimes.
Jess
FANTASTIC!!!! By far my favourite book! All those testimonials just goes to show she's for real
Becky
this book was just like all her other books,I forgot I was onto the next!
Christine
I love all Sylvia Browne's books!!!! I highly recommend all of them!
Ann
So So, not as good as the other books by this author
Leslie
Beautiful. Wonderful. I love this woman!
Mary D.
Interesting, and entertaining.
Pam
Stories of people she did readings for.
Kathy
Jun 26, 2008 Kathy added it
Not at all what I expected
melissa seley
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • Moon Magick: Myth & Magic, Crafts & Recipes, Rituals & Spells
  • The Flying Carpet of Small Miracles: A Woman's Fight to Save Two Orphans
  • We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with The Other Side
Sylvia Browne is a number one New York Times–bestselling author and world-famous psychic. She has appeared regularly on The Montel Williams Show and Larry King Live and has made countless other media and public appearances. She is also the founder of a church, the Society of Novus Spiritus, which will celebrate its twenty-fifth anniversary in 2011.
More about Sylvia Browne...
The Other Side and Back Life on the Other Side: A Psychic's Tour of the Afterlife Past Lives, Future Healing Secrets & Mysteries of the World Adventures of a Psychic: The Fascinating and Inspiring True-Life Story of One of America's Most Successful Clairvoyants