Start by marking “The Roommate (Nightmare Hall, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Roommate (Nightmare Hall, #2)

The Roommate (Nightmare Hall #2)

3.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  267 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Four very different roommates share a suite in the quad--beautiful Danni, shy Maureen, mysterious Margot, and wild Lacey--and soon one of them may be dead.
Mass Market Paperback, 185 pages
Published August 1st 1993 by Point (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Roommate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Roommate

Alex
So I've been in a very nostalgic mood lately, and have decided I want to re-read some series that I liked as a kid but haven't thought about in years. I particularly loved this Nightmare Hall series for reasons I can't seem to recall, so I thought that would be a good place to start. Unfortunately, my library doesn't carry ANY of these anymore, and I am having to get every one of them from Interlibrary. What a pain! The first hasn't come in yet, so I ended up starting with the second , but I don ...more
Oct 07, 2015 Rachael rated it liked it
I love 90s books like this so I liked it but as part of the Nightmare Hall series/the sequel to The Silent Scream I was a bit disappointed... Silent Scream was very exciting and even scary (especially when reading before bed) but Roommate was a lot slower, didn't get real exciting til the end, and honestly I wasn't in love with the characters either.
Paul Kim
Nov 19, 2015 Paul Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: d-e-athkins
Actual page number- 184 pages

Second entry in nightmare hall series and the second book is already ghost written by Nola Thacker. I guess the first book is a smash hit that the second book must be made quickly so they hire a new writer since the original author couldn't meet the deadline possibly.

The only difference I see is mostly the dialogue. Hoh's dialogue is more "casual" but Thacker's dialogue feels like it's trying to be hip and trendy with strange phrases she used. I honestly prefer Diane
Danielle
Another quick read. Took me just under two hours. I do love these refreshing books. It makes me feel accomplished to be able to just finish them so quickly.

The writing style may be a bit simpler, not as many details, and all the characters are always full of mysteries only revealed at the end.

These books all seem to have a similar pattern, so beware of that if you read to many of them in a row.

This particular one was very interesting, with a wonderful twist at the end. Rushed? Yes, but worth a r
Shannon
Dec 09, 2013 Shannon rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, 2013
This wasn’t as good as the first book, but it wasn’t bad. I spent the entire story wondering which of the roommates was the crazy one. The author did a wonderful job keeping you guessing because to be honest, they all seemed a little off to me. All of the characters were written in a way that made them seem suspicious. Even the most normal character, Danni, was paranoid as hell. About two-thirds of the way in, I figured out who the psycho was. There were two very blatant hints dropped and I auto ...more
Michelle Toy
2 out of 5 Point Horror Book Stars!

(I rate these books compared to other Point Horror Books Only)

I read this as part of the #pointhorrorbookclub that I run monthly!

You can read the post here http://talesofyesterday.co.uk/2015/11...

This is more of a discussion than a review with highlighted areas of the book and has a comedy feel to the discussion to. Please be aware that as this is a discussion there will be spoilers.

Want to know more about #pointhorrorbookclub - check this out http://talesofye
May 22, 2016 Rachael rated it liked it
Love a good quick read Point horror , a bit of a whodunnit and not overly scary :-)
Jamztoma
Oct 29, 2012 Jamztoma rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
This was my very first Nightmare Hall book when I was an eighth grader at Matafao Elementary School in Faga'alu, American Samoa. I tell you, I loved it from the beginning but then turned against it by the end of the book. The ending is a shocker, that I can tell you! All of Diane Hoh's books can be disturbing, in an exciting sort of way. Read at your own risk. :)
Cassie Peters
Oct 17, 2013 Cassie Peters rated it liked it
I had all the Nightmare Hall books at one time. I loved them as a teen. I found this one in a box of books this summer and read it again.
Stefanie
Aug 28, 2014 Stefanie rated it liked it
Shelves: owned, point-horror
It began really slowly and then the end was loads of details shoved into a small space of time. Bad pacing but the story was good.
Brittany
Jun 06, 2011 Brittany rated it really liked it
It's been awhile since I read this, but I do remember I enjoyed it very much, as I did everything else written by Diane Hoh.
Rachel Verna
Sep 18, 2011 Rachel Verna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: point-horrors, mine
It good for what it is. Though, I wish they were more books like these being published now.
Caitlin
Nightmare Hall: The Roommate by Diane Hoh (1993)
Ms. Latchford
Dec 26, 2011 Ms. Latchford rated it liked it
Thought I'd upgrade from Goosebumps for a moment.
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was ok
Jun 03, 2016
SPOBY4LIFE
SPOBY4LIFE rated it it was amazing
May 28, 2016
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was ok
May 22, 2016
x
x rated it liked it
May 21, 2016
Jessica Evans
Jessica Evans marked it as to-read
May 15, 2016
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Jessica Hilton
Jessica Hilton marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Ruth Moss
Ruth Moss rated it it was ok
May 24, 2016
Kat Spencer
Kat Spencer rated it really liked it
Apr 27, 2016
  • Krazy 4 U
  • The Window
  • Beach Party (Point Horror, #8)
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • Twins
  • The Diary
  • The Ripper
  • The Yearbook
  • The Watcher
  • The Phantom
Diane Hoh is the author of fifty-seven novels for young adults. She grew up in Warren, Pennsylvania but currently resides in Austin, Texas. Reading and writing are her favorite things, also gardening and grandchildren.
More about Diane Hoh...

Nightmare Hall (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • The Silent Scream (Nightmare Hall, #1)
  • Deadly Attraction (Nightmare Hall, #3)
  • The Wish (Nightmare Hall, #4)
  • The Scream Team (Nightmare Hall, #5)
  • Guilty (Nightmare Hall, #6)
  • Pretty Please (Nightmare Hall, #7)
  • The Experiment (Nightmare Hall, #8)
  • The Night Walker (Nightmare Hall, #9)
  • Sorority Sister (Nightmare Hall, #10)
  • Last Date (Nightmare Hall, #11)