Start by marking “Svålhålet: Berättelser från rymden” as Want to Read:
Svålhålet: Berättelser från rymden

Svålhålet: Berättelser från rymden

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  205 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Forget The Hitchhiker's Guide, this is the only handbook you need to navigate your way through the goings on of outer space.

What do you say to an intellectually superior fistular maggot who wants to observe you watching football?

What happens when you switch your android's personality setting to 'humour'?

Discover the most popular and most pungent Earth mementos taken into s
Published April 22nd 2005 by Månpocket (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Svålhålet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Svålhålet

T4ncr3d1
"Ci è toccato l'universo che meritavamo".

Un po' di Bradbury (soprattutto quello delle Cronache marziane), un po' tanto di Douglas Adams e della sua Guida e una bella spruzzata delle Cosmocomiche di Calvino: questi gli ingredienti dei racconti di Niemi, in salsa rigorosamente svervegese.
Henrik Andersson
On the recommendation of Tom Holts review in SFX Magazine, i picked this one up. That was a very good move. Mikael Niemi, who for most of Swedens population is the author of the hugely popular "Populärmusik från Vittula" (also successfully filmed) had not been the object of my attention, because I generally loathe Swedish film and anything that remotely resembles coming-of-age dramas.

This is an entirely different beast, I'd wager. A collection of 14 short stories pertaining to humanitys travels
Marja
I absolutely loved Popular Music from Vittula and Astrotruckers has been in my tbr list ever since it was published. I wasn't sure if I should give this 2 or 3 stars, but I decided to give 3 because of its unrestrained craziness. Mikael Niemi certainly let loose with this one. That being said, I didn't enjoy this as much as I thought I would. This was just too much for me to handle. A handful of the short stories were actually pretty awesome, but the rest, well, they were just too much. I'm not ...more
Sergio Frosini
Per una volta un libro di fantascienza svedese (!) e pure divertente (con 'sti svedesi non si sa mai...)
Simpatico paciugo di brevi episodi: non c'è una vera e propria trama, sono tutti spezzoni, una via di mezzo fra Douglas Adams, Benni (ma in questo caso sospetto sia stato il traduttore a mantenere, magari involontariamente, certe atmosfere da bar sotto il mare...) e perché no anche Borges (dove la biblioteca di Babele viene in un certo senso rivisitata, in modo alquanto grottesco...)

Divertente

Tracey
hmmm. reading this at work - about half way through and it's a bit tedious. i may abandon it if it doesn't pick up any time soon ... another chapter in and i've given up. puerile bollocks!
La Stamberga dei Lettori
Dalla fredda terra dell'Ikea giunge un autore che, fosse solo per distinguersi dalla melma di giallisti che forse più dell'Ikea rappresenta la Svezia, Mikael Niemi sceglie uno sperimentalismo audace che lo porta ad accostarsi alla fantascienza, con esiti
PolitePolarBear

E' una fantascienza scandinava che assomiglia moltissimo al Calvino delle Cosmicomiche.
Assolutamente da non perdere.
Juliana
The references to Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker are a bit too evident for my taste, but I loved Douglas Adams' book and I also loved this one. Its short stories are partly just quirky, partly philosophical and all entwined in a whole. A really nice summer read.
Elin
Halfway into the book the author wrote it himself "this book is not that good".
Florita
Absolutely stark staring bonkers. And extremely scatalogical. Loved it.
Anna
Jan 02, 2010 Anna rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everybody ^^
Crazy. Really crazy. But definetely worth reading.
Andrew
Brilliant, off-beat and hilarious.
Mikkel
Sulebulen på dansk-
Buddy
Buddy marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Squirrel
Squirrel marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Sven
Sven marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Sonic Kid
Sonic Kid marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Adenniayah
Adenniayah marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Johanna96
Johanna96 marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Ryan Ailts
Ryan Ailts marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Essielina
Essielina marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
La Stamberga dei ...: Il manifesto dei cosmonisti di Mikael Niemi 1 5 Mar 25, 2013 04:41AM
  • Die Welt ist nicht immer Freitag
  • Nässlorna blomma
  • Det är så logiskt alla fattar utom du
  • Hon går genom tavlan, ut ur bilden
  • Montecore: En unik tiger
  • Ondvinter (Fortællingen om Blodet, #1)
  • Kalla det vad fan du vill
  • Underdog
  • I taket lyser stjärnorna
  • The Queen's Tiara
  • How I Conquered Your Planet
  • Monoceros
Popular Music from Vittula Fallvatten Mannen som dog som en lax Aivot pellolle Kyrkdjävulen