Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “The Playboy Book Fifty Years” as Want to Read:
The Playboy Book Fifty Years
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

The Playboy Book Fifty Years

4.14  ·  Rating Details  ·  28 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Fine gentlemen's entertainment since 1953 Relive Playboy's fifty-year history with this sweeping retrospective of the groundbreaking magazine that grew from Hugh Hefner's pet project into an icon as recognizable as Disney and Coca-Cola. Visit Hef's Playboy Mansion, canoodle with his delectable Bunnies, tour the DC-9 Big Bunny jet, experience the sizzling atmosphere of the ...more
Hardcover, 464 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Taschen
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about The Playboy Book Fifty Years, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Playboy Book Fifty Years

This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Add this book to your favorite list »

Community Reviews

(showing 1-30 of 79)
filter  |  sort: default (?)  |  Rating Details
Manik Sukoco
Jan 06, 2016 Manik Sukoco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although Playboy is what it is, and because of the reason why many people purchase the magazine, there needs to be an understanding of the true content of the magazine through the years. Remember that the magazine is usually only 20% sex and nude women. That leaves 80% every month to be used for art, technology, controversial editorials, interviews, etc.
This book was definitely more than I expected with it's vibrant pictures and outstanding content. It gives you an in-depth peek into the world o
...more
Baal Of
Jan 19, 2014 Baal Of rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, art
I thought long and hard about whether or not I would list this book on my goodreads. I have a lot of feminist friends, and in fact consider myself to be on their side, and I worried about whether I would cause some rifts, and indeed, whether my having read this book is detrimental to the cause of equal rights. Also I considered whether anyone in my family would stumble across this information eventually, for there would certainly be disapproval, and perhaps some difficult questioning. I even tho ...more
Matt
Aug 05, 2007 Matt rated it liked it
I just read the articles.
Anahita
Anahita marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Neda
Neda rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2016
L.
L. marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Yoash
Yoash added it
Apr 07, 2016
Richard Kolivoski
Richard Kolivoski marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2016
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Erik Haase
Erik Haase marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Kelly Poetker
Kelly Poetker marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Laura
Laura added it
Jan 24, 2016
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
John Bitter
John Bitter marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
Kellyjosephc
Kellyjosephc marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
Rafael Ponce-Cordero
Rafael Ponce-Cordero rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
rebecca achurra
rebecca achurra marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Edward
Edward added it
Nov 30, 2014
Josh Burdick
Josh Burdick marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Piero
Piero rated it really liked it
May 21, 2014
Jack
Jack rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Siobhan
Siobhan marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
There are no discussion topics on this book yet. Be the first to start one »

Share This Book