Start by marking “How I Play Golf” as Want to Read:

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  314 ratings  ·  30 reviews
For the first time, champion Tiger Woods reveals the five secrets to his amazing success--a combination of physical, metaphysical and psychological practices he uses daily to keep his game in top shape. Photos.
Published October 9th 2001 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about How I Play Golf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How I Play Golf

Malone
I read the Book How I Play The Game by Tiger Woods. The genre is an autobiography, but also says how he plays the game. This book is not part of a series. I thought this book was okay. Some facts were cool and some i already knew. This book might help me some in my golf game. It was a decent book.
J.
Just like your great aunt who won't give you all the ingredients to her famous pie, Tiger withholds the key to his golf game. There was not one mention of women or drugs. Just a review of golf fundamentals with a healthy dose of Tiger's ego. What a disappointment.
Kenny Daily
This is where I got my monster drive...

"We will not negotiate with terrorists...now watch me hit this drive." - G Dubya
Alan Livingston
For most of this book, I was ready to give it a solid 3-star rating: I liked it just fine. It was tooling along as "OK" as I had expected it to be. I found the title to be perfect, since Tiger (circa early 2000's) pretty much is telling us how HE plays golf. Not many can play, nor should they play, like Tiger does or did. Golf Digest obviously put a lot into this book's writing and their terrific photography is a huge plus. What pumped it up from a 3 to a 4-star for me was the final two sections...more
David Kudlinski
I read this book cover to cover and it did not help my golf game one iota.
Iskreads
TIGER WOODS
BY Tiger Woods
Genre: Non Fiction

How I Play Golf by Tiger Woods is a five star books by a five star man. Tiger Woods has written an amazing books to help you learn the game. He mentions and teaches you every aspect of the game. Putting, driving and even chipping. This book has helped me with my game, it has taught me useful tricks and important styles. I think it is a great learning tool for golfers and lovers of the game everywhere.

Tiger wrote about the game, about his...more
John
Tiger Woods is undoubtedly the best player to ever play the game of golf. The books title kinda says it all "How I Play Golf". Tiger talks about in the book the ways he looks at the game of golf and how he plays it and how the game should be played. It brings an insightful eye on how the worlds best player plays the game of golf. It looks at what he thinks about from shot to shot, tough putts and how he trains and eats to keep his body in tip top shape. He also talks about the mental aspect of t...more
Jeff Goldenberg
Overall, an interesting, informative and entertaining book that every golfer could benefit from. The world's greatest golfer is a pretty decent writer who manages to share some useful, easy to understand tips mixed in with a healthy dose of reflection and storytelling. The book abounds with large, clear photographs from some of Tiger's memorable tournament wins as well as his practice sessions, which he uses to illustrate the concepts he is trying to impart upon the reader. Tiger covers every as...more
Gillian
Useful but not amazing
Daniel
May 06, 2014 Daniel added it
I really enjoyed reading a book about golf. I learned a lot about Tiger Woods and his personal experience. I also learned a lot about the importance of the mind in golf.
Mason Zimmerer
I thought this book was very helpful to my game. I liked reading this book because there is a lot of information that would help me learn the golf game more than i already know. It is very helpful there are easy lessons and steps that will help my game dramatically if i had to suggest this book to anyone wanting to get better or learn the game of golf.
Greenwood1
I really enjoy my self on a 18 holes course in the nature, relax and listings the wild talking to me....

This book is very interesting to teach from the basic to the most expert swing. I do recommend this book to everyone that want a good base of golfing but remember..... to become a pro its practicing :D
Jeff
Mostly personal anecdotes of his golf career, splashed with some pointers on improving your game. The book starts with putting technique and finishes with the driving swing, covering everything in between from short to long game.
Wade
Mar 13, 2008 Wade rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: golfers
I like books that explain technical details, the little things, in a way a student of the game can understand. It's obvious Tiger Woods knows his stuff and knows how to teach it.
Charlotte Cooper
First rate book by a first class golfer. Tiger Woods is the reason why I love golf, so of course I had to buy this book. It has become my bible. Highly recommend for any golfer.
Sean Gray
Nov 14, 2007 Sean Gray rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Golfers.
The book is in the title. It's honestly the way he plays golf. Which is helpful for golfers. Tiger's the number one golfer in the world, why not try to pick up some tips?
Kimberly
Oct 10, 2008 Kimberly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any golfer
If you're a golfer, of any level, you should seriously read this book. It has great drills in it and the very basic fundementals of golf that you HAVE to have!!!
Justin Bastide
this was a good book for a golfer like me. It gave me tips and helped me learn what Tiger Woods does on the course to make him a better golfer.
Alan Aldwell
Great book full of history, tips, and tricks. Great pictures of Tiger throughout the book as well. A great gift for any golf fan!
Dick
Aug 09, 2008 Dick rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Golfers
Shelves: help
If only ... Very interesting. Very insightful. But you have to practice and apply. But motivating.
Sloanshelton
i learned a lot on how to be a better golfer from this book, great book!!
Chris Schaefer
This helped me through my 5 year golf caddying career. Reading putts, etc.
Jeff Rogerson
Could be better coming from a guy with so much talent.
Peter Klemperer
I enjoyed this book but it really feels heavy on pictures.
Allan Woods
Great for golf explanation with large pictures.
Kevin Meehan
More like, "How I Make More Unneccessary Cash"
Eric
Oct 23, 2013 Eric rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: sports
Excellent teaching guide. Solid fundamentals
Jordan B Blanzy
Oct 25, 2007 Jordan B Blanzy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: golfers
It was decent and gave some good tips
Kim
Jun 15, 2013 Kim marked it as to-read
Benny
Nov 06, 2012 Benny added it
loved it
  • Harvey Penick's Little Red Book: Lessons and Teachings From a Lifetime of Golf
  • Ben Hogan's Five Lessons: The Modern Fundamentals of Golf
  • Golf is Not a Game of Perfect
  • Tales from Q School: Inside Golf's Fifth Major
  • The Grand Slam: Bobby Jones, America, and the Story of Golf
  • Who's Your Caddy?: Looping for the Great, Near Great, and Reprobates of Golf
  • My Life in and out of the Rough: The Truth Behind All That Bull**** You Think You Know About Me
  • For the Love of the Game : My Story
  • The Real All Americans: The Team That Changed a Game, a People, a Nation
  • Alexander Hamilton, American
  • Blood Horses : Notes of a Sportswriter's Son
  • Guinness World Records 2010: The Book of the Decade
  • Halfway to Heaven: My White-knuckled--and Knuckleheaded--Quest for the Rocky Mountain High
  • The Education of a Coach
Tiger Woods (born Eldrick Tiger Woods is an American professional golfer whose achievements to date rank him among the most successful golfers of all time. Currently the World No. 1, he was the highest-paid professional athlete in 2007, having earned an estimated $122 million from winnings and endorsements. According to Golf Digest, Woods made $769,440,709 from 1996 to 2007, and the magazine predi...more
More about Tiger Woods...
How I Play Golf: Ryder Cup Edition Tiger Woods: So Spiele Ich! Tiger Woods How PL Glf How I Play Golf [With 16-Page Instructional Booklet] Treasury 2bk Alice