Start by marking “Greenhouse Gardener's Companion: Growing Food & Flowers in Your Greenhouse or Sunspace” as Want to Read:

Through lively writing that balances wit with commonsense advice, Smith draws on his more than 20 years experience to cover everything you need to know to establish a charming and productive greenhouse. This revised edition includes more detailed information on greenhouse construction, heating options, and interior design. An expanded section on pest and disease control fe ...more
Published January 18th 1993 by Fulcrum Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Greenhouse Gardener's Companion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Greenhouse Gardener's Companion

Kierstin Butler
Mar 25, 2012 Kierstin Butler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must have for ANYONE into greenhouses or gardening!
Andy  Bauer
i'm too poor to enjoy this
Kim
Jul 10, 2007 Kim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gardening
The absolute best book on greenhouse gardening! I refer to this book frequently when I have questions about my greenhouse. I have never been disappointed; this book addresses every question I've had thus far. Plus, it as enjoyable read. Smith has an engaging writing style that is entertaining and informative. Great book!
Joseph Gendron
Sep 23, 2013 Joseph Gendron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent and thorough source book for everything one could possibly need or want to know about greenhouse gardening. The most appreciated food in our house is that which we can harvest on-site and this book has helped me with what I need to know. I learned a tremendous amount and now have a treasured reference book.
Jim
Apr 29, 2013 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book.
Shelley
Aug 07, 2008 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, this book covers it all - from choosing a greenhouse to setting it up to growing - even specific info on a variety of vegetables and flowers.
Elena
Aug 23, 2013 Elena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get this book if you have a greenhouse and save yourself a lot of trial and error learning! Great info.
Denise
Denise rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Atlantic Gardener
Atlantic Gardener rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2015
Daniel
Daniel rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2013
Aleta
Aleta rated it it was ok
Sep 20, 2015
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Cat
Cat rated it liked it
May 29, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2008
S.J. Reisner
S.J. Reisner rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2011
Judith Gaubert
Judith Gaubert rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2017
Tim Edgerly
Tim Edgerly rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Laila
Laila rated it liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Laura Gilfillan
Laura Gilfillan rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2011
Lonnieandmelanie Wibberding
Lonnieandmelanie Wibberding rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2013
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2009
karen h shelnutt
karen h shelnutt rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Dave
Dave rated it really liked it
Nov 30, 2016
Martha Krach
Martha Krach rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Fran
Fran rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Dawn Hendrixson
Dawn Hendrixson rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2015
Angie
Angie rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2016
Jim Otterstrom
Jim Otterstrom rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2009
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • How to Make a Forest Garden
  • The Organic Gardener's Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control: A Complete Guide to Maintaining a Healthy Garden and Yard the Earth-Friendly Way (Rodale Organic Gardening Books)
  • Aquaponic Gardening: A Step-By-Step Guide to Raising Vegetables and Fish Together
  • Creating a Forest Garden: Working with Nature to Grow Edible Crops
  • Life in the Soil: A Guide for Naturalists and Gardeners
  • Eliot Coleman's Winter Harvest Handbook: Four Season Vegetable Production for the 21st Century
  • Small Scale Grain Raising: An Organic Guide to Growing, Processing, and Using Nutritious Whole Grains, for Home Gardeners and Local Farmers
  • The Soul of Soil: A Soil-Building Guide for Master Gardeners and Farmers
  • Sharing the Harvest: A Citizen's Guide to Community Supported Agriculture
  • The New Seed-Starter's Handbook
  • What's Wrong With My Plant? (And How Do I Fix It?): A Visual Guide to Easy Diagnosis and Organic Remedies
  • Teaming with Microbes: A Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web
  • The Apple Grower: A Guide for the Organic Orchardist
  • Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable Gardeners
  • Homegrown Whole Grains: Grow, Harvest, and Cook Wheat, Barley, Oats, Rice, Corn and More
  • Gardening When It Counts: Growing Food in Hard Times
  • Breed Your Own Vegetable Varieties: The Gardener's and Farmer's Guide to Plant Breeding and Seed Saving, 2nd Edition
  • Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »