Start by marking “Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens, #1)

Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens #1)

The sky is dark. Neither the sun nor the moon have been seen in decades. The land is fruitless, and the seas are barren. No law exists, only the rule of might is exerted over a hapless people by those who can wield it. In a land of darkness and despair, there is one shining light, an ancient prophecy that foretells of the coming king and his companion, the vanquisher of ev ...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Sapphire of the Fairies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sapphire of the Fairies

Pam
Mar 03, 2012 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tuttle-richard
When I started this book, I thought that it had the potential to be another series such as Tolkien's Lord of the Rings or the Terry Brooks' Shannara series. While the writing is more than good, at least this book in the series is simplistic in its plot. Both Tolkien and Brooks keep the reader guessing throughout each of their books by building suspense in one portion of the storyline and then switching to another subplot within the book. Both authors excel at this. While I thoroughly enjoyed thi ...more
Stephanie
Aug 03, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, fantasy
I haven't done the research to know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet this is a vanity published book. It's not terrible. Just needed a better editing job.

The writing style is stilted and narrative reliant; the author seems to not know how to tell us something without having characters discuss it. Makes for kind of a dull read.

The plot is entirely predictable, including the Big Revelation at the end. The characters are one dimensional and lack depth.

I don't see me continuing this series, an
Linda
Feb 14, 2012 Linda rated it liked it
Plain old fantasy, writing is a little forced.
PapaTrain
Feb 03, 2017 PapaTrain rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little of everything

Nice story with well developed characters, magic, elves, fairies, the hint of ogres and dwarfs. I only wish I could afford the rest of the series.
Maki
This was a huge story. I saw that there were six other books in the series, and I can believe that it really takes that long to tell the entire story with everything that the author tries to squeeze in. However, something about this book bothered me, grating on the edge of my nerves. It took me about half of the book to figure out what it was. When I finally realized what was annoying me, I wondered why I hadn't noticed it sooner: all of the characters talk exactly the same.

There is no differenc
Asli Fratarcangeli
Feb 15, 2013 Asli Fratarcangeli rated it really liked it
I thought that this book was well articulated. The way the author writes these characters makes them so appealing and attractive the reader. The bond between Arik and Tedi is indescribable. They're not the stereotypical strangers that come together for reasons unknown, but two boys that grew up with each other and are as close to being actual brothers. I also enjoyed watching the main characters mould into a solid, single unit.

I truly enjoyed the watching the plot build up and figuring out what
Lisa J.olsen
Sep 13, 2011 Lisa J.olsen rated it really liked it
This books is part of a saga written like Lord of the Rings. Sordoa has faced a cataclysmic event and only children of the prophesy can save it from the Dark One, evil witches, and Dark Riders. Surprising, the story was fresh and intriguing.

Arik and Tedi are children of the prophesy that must flee their village of Sordoa to escape capture and possibly death from an evil with and her Dark Riders. On their journey, they meet Garth and Kaline, who instruct them in the art of weaponry and staying a
Meryl
Aug 11, 2012 Meryl rated it liked it
I have read this whole series, and I will warn you now- the storyline is simplistic, and each consecutive book becomes worse. I tend to judge books based on how well the author writes the dialogue. In this series, the dialogue is stilted and not believable. it can at times feel simplistic, as if some of the adults think and speak like young teenagers. I was hoping this series would be similar to other fantasy epics, but I was let down, sorely. I was sucked in by the story, so I did finish the se ...more
Judy
Aug 16, 2011 Judy rated it really liked it
I may change my mind and give it a 5 after I've read the entire series (7 books). It was very good but I guessed at some would be surprises. It is fast moving, easy reading, probably more for 12 -13 yr olds. He does a good job of developing the personalities of the individuals. The next one to read is Opal of the Unicorns.
Stephani
Feb 26, 2012 Stephani rated it really liked it
OH! Just by looking at the book I had questions. Personally the cover on this book is horrid and repulsive... Then I started reading...whew! Clean writing, easy to read, would be great for my step son to indulge in!!! Love magic, love adventure, good job!!!!! Will recomend to others!!

Jacquelyn Smith
Sardoa has to face cataclymic event that only children of the
prophesy can save them from, it's called evil.

Arik and Tedi must run to keep from being killed.

This story has everything in it dragons, demons, unicorns, fairies, and the whole magical world.

Nice read.
prettypeony
Apr 15, 2015 prettypeony rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The pacing was a bit off. It was a long drawn out story but then ended really quickly with very little explanation.
Susan
Aug 12, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Pretty good book. Kinda fun.
TJ Burns
I received a copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Book_Lover101
Feb 03, 2013 Book_Lover101 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
i found this book really good and richard has other books on alex and jenneva when they were young
Barbara Brown
First of seven in the Sword of the Heavens series. Good character development, adventure, fantasy.
Laurie D'ghent
Nov 28, 2011 Laurie D'ghent rated it really liked it
Pretty dang good book. No sex at all, and very few swear words. Might have to get the rest of the series...
AH
Jul 29, 2011 AH marked it as to-read
Kobo free download 7/29/11
Rand al'Thor
Aug 13, 2013 Rand al'Thor rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, in fact loved this whole series
Heather
Feb 23, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
I thought this book to be very engaging and entertaining.Young people who become great fighters,add in a few fairies and magic-its a receipe for q great read
Cathy
Jun 05, 2014 Cathy rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I have too many books to read right now but when I get through those I want to finish this series. I would suggest this book to anyone. I liked the plot and storyline.
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2016
Mark
Mark rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2014
Jerry Woodstock
Jerry Woodstock rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2016
Tracy Ann
Tracy Ann rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 10, 2013
sherry powell
sherry powell rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Tanya M Spiegel
Tanya M Spiegel rated it really liked it
Dec 05, 2014
Alana Mcinally
Alana Mcinally rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Anne Mutter
Anne Mutter rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
  • Avion (The Crystal Rose Chronicles, #1)
  • Shadow Games (Shadow People, #1)
  • A Turn of Curses
  • Legon Awakening (Legon, #1)
  • A Circle Of Iron (Eldernost, #1)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Xenolith
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 1
  • The Gateway (The Harbinger of Doom Saga, #1 novella length)
  • Killing with the Edge of the Moon
  • The Gift of Fury (Count Albritton #2)
  • The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga, #1)
  • Under the Scotch Broom
  • The Lens and the Looker
  • The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy, #1)
  • The Demon Queen And The Locksmith
  • Hilda - Snow White Revisited (Hilda the Wicked Witch #2)
  • Demon Lord (Demon Lord, #1)

Sword of Heavens (7 books)
  • Unicorns' Opal: Volume 2 of Sword of Heavens
  • Abuud: The One-Eyed God (Sword of Heavens, #3)
  • Dwarven Ruby (Sword of Heavens, #4)
  • Emerald of the Elves (Sword of Heavens, #5)
  • Dragons' Onyx (Sword of Heavens, #6)
  • Amethyst of the Gods (Sword of Heavens #7)