Start by marking “Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens, #1)

Sapphire of the Fairies (Sword of Heavens #1)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  234 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The sky is dark. Neither the sun nor the moon have been seen in decades. The land is fruitless, and the seas are barren. No law exists, only the rule of might is exerted over a hapless people by those who can wield it. In a land of darkness and despair, there is one shining light, an ancient prophecy that foretells of the coming king and his companion, the vanquisher of ev...more
Published March 1st 1998 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Sapphire of the Fairies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sapphire of the Fairies

Pam
When I started this book, I thought that it had the potential to be another series such as Tolkien's Lord of the Rings or the Terry Brooks' Shannara series. While the writing is more than good, at least this book in the series is simplistic in its plot. Both Tolkien and Brooks keep the reader guessing throughout each of their books by building suspense in one portion of the storyline and then switching to another subplot within the book. Both authors excel at this. While I thoroughly enjoyed thi...more
Stephanie
I haven't done the research to know for sure, but I'd be willing to bet this is a vanity published book. It's not terrible. Just needed a better editing job.

The writing style is stilted and narrative reliant; the author seems to not know how to tell us something without having characters discuss it. Makes for kind of a dull read.

The plot is entirely predictable, including the Big Revelation at the end. The characters are one dimensional and lack depth.

I don't see me continuing this series, an...more
Linda
Plain old fantasy, writing is a little forced.
Maki
This was a huge story. I saw that there were six other books in the series, and I can believe that it really takes that long to tell the entire story with everything that the author tries to squeeze in. However, something about this book bothered me, grating on the edge of my nerves. It took me about half of the book to figure out what it was. When I finally realized what was annoying me, I wondered why I hadn't noticed it sooner: all of the characters talk exactly the same.

There is no differenc...more
Asli Fratarcangeli
I thought that this book was well articulated. The way the author writes these characters makes them so appealing and attractive the reader. The bond between Arik and Tedi is indescribable. They're not the stereotypical strangers that come together for reasons unknown, but two boys that grew up with each other and are as close to being actual brothers. I also enjoyed watching the main characters mould into a solid, single unit.

I truly enjoyed the watching the plot build up and figuring out what...more
Lisa J.olsen
This books is part of a saga written like Lord of the Rings. Sordoa has faced a cataclysmic event and only children of the prophesy can save it from the Dark One, evil witches, and Dark Riders. Surprising, the story was fresh and intriguing.

Arik and Tedi are children of the prophesy that must flee their village of Sordoa to escape capture and possibly death from an evil with and her Dark Riders. On their journey, they meet Garth and Kaline, who instruct them in the art of weaponry and staying a...more
Meryl
I have read this whole series, and I will warn you now- the storyline is simplistic, and each consecutive book becomes worse. I tend to judge books based on how well the author writes the dialogue. In this series, the dialogue is stilted and not believable. it can at times feel simplistic, as if some of the adults think and speak like young teenagers. I was hoping this series would be similar to other fantasy epics, but I was let down, sorely. I was sucked in by the story, so I did finish the se...more
Judy
I may change my mind and give it a 5 after I've read the entire series (7 books). It was very good but I guessed at some would be surprises. It is fast moving, easy reading, probably more for 12 -13 yr olds. He does a good job of developing the personalities of the individuals. The next one to read is Opal of the Unicorns.
Stephani
OH! Just by looking at the book I had questions. Personally the cover on this book is horrid and repulsive... Then I started reading...whew! Clean writing, easy to read, would be great for my step son to indulge in!!! Love magic, love adventure, good job!!!!! Will recomend to others!!

Jacquelyn
Sardoa has to face cataclymic event that only children of the
prophesy can save them from, it's called evil.

Arik and Tedi must run to keep from being killed.

This story has everything in it dragons, demons, unicorns, fairies, and the whole magical world.

Nice read.
Heather
I thought this book to be very engaging and entertaining.Young people who become great fighters,add in a few fairies and magic-its a receipe for q great read
Laurie D'ghent
Pretty dang good book. No sex at all, and very few swear words. Might have to get the rest of the series...
Book_Lover101
i found this book really good and richard has other books on alex and jenneva when they were young
Cassie Meigs
Wonderful - fast-paced & creative, immediately bought 2nd book in series
Rand al'Thor
Loved the book, in fact loved this whole series
Susan
Pretty good book. Kinda fun.
AH
Jul 29, 2011 AH marked it as to-read
Kobo free download 7/29/11
Cassandra Crawford
Cassandra Crawford marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
mana
mana marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Barbi Mateer
Barbi Mateer marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Crazy Cat
Crazy Cat marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Kelsey Ray
Kelsey Ray is currently reading it
Sep 25, 2014
Isabel LaRose
Isabel LaRose marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
  • The Thirteenth Unicorn
  • Legon Awakening (Legon, #1)
  • Legends (Legend of the White Dragon, #1)
  • Shadow Games
  • The Amulet (Custodian Novel, #1)
  • The Gateway (Harbinger of Doom, novella)
  • Alana Weatherbee (Alana Weatherbee, #1)
  • The Stolen Moon of Londor (The White Shadow Saga, #1)
  • The Fey
  • The Pocket Watch (The Trinity Saga, #1)
  • Demon Lord (Demon Lord, #1)
  • A Faerie Fated Forever (Forever, #1)
  • Hostage in Havana (The Cuban Trilogy #1)
  • Tales of Aradia the Last Witch Volume 1
  • Sanctum's Breach (Delver Magic, #1)
  • Elfbitten (Taryn Malloy Fantasy, #1)
  • Reinventing Leona
  • Quinn, a Vampire Watcher's Story (Royal Blood Chronicles, #0.5)
Origin Scroll (Targa Trilogy, Book 1) Young Lord of Khadora (Forgotten Legacy, #1) Abuud: The One-Eyed God (Sword of Heavens, #3) Unicorns' Opal: Volume 2 Of Sword Of Heavens Amethyst of the Gods (Sword of Heavens #7)