Start by marking “Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight: Fifty-Two Amazing Ways to Master the Art of Personal Change” as Want to Read:

Do you wish something in your life was different? Take heart! You already possess the first and most important ingredient for change. Don’t waste your dissatisfaction, wield it!

Intimate, humorous, and inspiring, Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight will take you on a journey from where you are to where you want to be. Do you long for a more rewarding career? A more passionat
Published December 16th 2008 by WaterBrook Press (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight

Rachel
Jan 08, 2009 Rachel rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: my sister
Shelves: self-improvement
The most amazing thing about the 52 ways to master personal change is that Karen Scalf Linamen managed to squeeze 52 variations from a few tired themes. For example, the five most overtly spiritual tips - Pray (#39), Keep track of God's activity (#40), Out with the bad, in with God (#45), Have some faith! (#46), and Read Psalm 57 (#51) - could just as easily, but probably less lucratively, be summed up as "Seek inspiration and resolve from a higher power." The strategies for change were by no me ...more
Kristin
Aug 11, 2009 Kristin rated it it was ok
Linamen tries to combine self-help with comedy . . . not the best idea in my opinion. Although I enjoyed reading Linamen's quirky anecdotes, her descriptions of herself and her activities (meant to be humorous) gave the author little credibility. For example, Linamen invites us to identify and change things with which we are dissatisfied, but she admits to having many problems herself, including fluctuating weight and disastrous organization. Why, then, would I want to listen to someone who admi ...more
Alissa
Jan 25, 2009 Alissa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone wanting change.
I really enjoyed this humorous, yet practical look at the change process.
Most of the tips are good - although I think to get 52 the author stretched a little bit. The cover lead me to believe it would be in a different format, but instead the tips are sprinkled throughout the chapters. The author primarily uses humor to get her point across.
I'd still recommend it to anyone who is trying to make a change in their life.
Erin
Jan 05, 2009 Erin rated it it was ok
Shelves: inspirational
As someone who has a pretty strong willpower this wasn't a book that made a tremendous impact on me, though I did think some of the points were really good and would recommend it for those who are in need of making positive changes in their lives. Especially if you find yourself in a "starting over" point of life, needing encouragement to continue on with a good outlook and help from Jesus.
Fermin Antonio
Jun 22, 2013 Fermin Antonio rated it really liked it
Karen Linamen Scalf's writing is a cross between "Phoebe Buffay" funny and "Sean Covey" self-help. Her 52 amazing ways range from simple to outrageous. If you're seeking for some self-help starter but cannot stomach the seriousness of the other titles, then this book is a must read.
Genie Bishop
Aug 27, 2010 Genie Bishop rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book had some very helpful advance for changing habits and the books that were mentioned in the book looked good too. I think though to get the most out of this book you should buy it so you can refer back to it. I checked it out of the library.
Tameka
Dec 19, 2010 Tameka rated it really liked it
Pretty good. Will definitely check out her other ones!
Genie Bishop
Nov 19, 2009 Genie Bishop rated it it was amazing
There were actually some practical things suggested in this book. I enjoyed reading this book.
Danni
Oct 25, 2011 Danni rated it really liked it
this was a hard book to stomach. I learned a lot but it is also going to require a lot too. I want to make it happen but I wish I could do better.
Jo Erbacher
Aug 07, 2011 Jo Erbacher rated it it was amazing
This book is great. Karen really seems to understand me. I love her blend of humor and practical advice. I will definately be rereading this book again and again.
Joanne
Jan 27, 2009 Joanne rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
A humorous look at change - lots of good ideas sprinkled throughout. But I came away still not knowing how to really get rid of those extra 25 pounds!!!
Michelle Moses
May 18, 2009 Michelle Moses rated it really liked it
Easy, fun read. By the end you have a more lighthearted outlook on life.
Kim
Kim rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2014
Aeowin
Aeowin rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Jan 31, 2009
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jul 07, 2013
Amy
Amy rated it it was ok
Mar 29, 2011
Chris
Chris rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Kelly Foster
Kelly Foster rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2013
Netta
Netta rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2009
Therese
Therese rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Christy Lockstein
Christy Lockstein rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2009
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Nov 10, 2016
Rachel Eldridge
Rachel Eldridge rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Marti
Marti rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2010
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2013
Elizabethballog
Elizabethballog rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2010
Kristen Robison
Kristen Robison rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2015
Mary-Clare
Mary-Clare rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2009