Start by marking “Living the Lord's Prayer: The Way of the Disciple” as Want to Read:
Living the Lord's Prayer: The Way of the Disciple

Living the Lord's Prayer: The Way of the Disciple

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Contained in the Lord's Prayer is a complete picture of our life with God. Covering topics ranging from our view of God to our most intimate human relationship to how we treat the world around us and the people in it, the Lord's Prayer is a trustworthy guide for spiritual formation and a compact handbook for holiness. In Living the Lord's Prayer, Father Albert Haase follow ...more
Published February 27th 2009 by IVP Books

To ask other readers questions about Living the Lord's Prayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Living the Lord's Prayer

Marjorie Gray
Jim and I read this aloud together over a three month period. It would be even better with a spiritual formation group, using the reflection questions and gospel passages for meditation and prayer following each chapter. The wide variety of stories and the perceptive psychological insights wrote each phrase of the prayer on my heart anew, freeing me to explore ways to pray without ceasing.
Tim
Great take on the Lord's Prayer and how it shapes us as we pray. Here we have the gospel in miniature, and as we lean into the words of Jesus "we become what we pray," as Dallas Willard has said. Haase, as a Franciscan priest and monk, brings a unique perspective that is deeply enriching, and he writes with depth and wisdom. Highly recommended!
Susie Johnson
I had the pleasure of Meeting Fr Haase and attending a retreat he gave.This is my favorite book he has written.It is easy to relate to and gives your spiritual life a jump start.I also love his weekly show on revelant radio called Spirit and life.
Dora
This is a book that I am sure to revisit; it is rich with truth.
Marie Wildemann
Marie Wildemann marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Kathy Beukema
Kathy Beukema marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Joe
Joe added it
Jan 22, 2015
L.K. Sukany
L.K. Sukany marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Daniel Harris
Daniel Harris marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Adrienne
Adrienne marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Scott Berglan
Scott Berglan marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2014
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
May 19, 2013
Dave
Dave is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2010
Coming Home to Your True Self: Leaving the Emptiness of False Attractions Catching Fire, Becoming Flame: A Guide for Spiritual Transformation Swimming in the Sun: Discovering the Lord's Prayer with Francis of Assisi and Thomas Merton This Sacred Moment: Becoming Holy Right Where You Are Athanasius: The Life of Antony of Egypt