Start by marking “Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)” as Want to Read:
Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #3)

Killer Calories (A Savannah Reid Mystery #3)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  651 ratings  ·  19 reviews
When mediocre actress-turned-club owner Kat Valentina turns up dead, the victim of a supposedly accidental drowning, sexy sleuth Savannah Reid finds herself hired by an anonymous client to find the killer and uncovers a bizarre cast of characters, all of whom have a motive for the crime.
Published February 1st 2000 by Kensington (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Killer Calories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Calories

Jlaurenmc
G. A. McKevett's Savannah Reid is a southern belle who has been displaced to Southern California. She was once a police officer, but after being kicked off the force, she has now opened her own business as a private investigator. With the help of her apprentice Tammy and her former police partner Dirk, Savannah solves crimes in this mystery series. Killer Calories is the third book that chronicles Savannah's mystery-solving skills.

The business world becomes personal when Tammy's other employer i
Gail
Savannah Reid, the southern sweet-talking, sweet loving ex-cop-turned PI is back. This time she is hired anonymously to investigate the murder of the 70s Disco Queen turned health spa owner. Savannah and her assistant, Tammy, check into the spa to investigate. Spa life is a challenge for the round-happy-with-my-shape-everyone-else-thinks-I-need-to-lose Savannah. She continues to investigate, sneaking out to meet with her ex-cop partner and others, all the while sneaking in pie a la mode.

Good my
Pam
I really like Savannah, her kick-ass attitude and her southern charm but...and it's a big but I'm having trouble with the books. As much as I enjoy the main character and even how she interacts with those around her as she goes about trying to solve whatever crime she's investigating the story is dragging for me. It's just not holding my interest, which explains why it took me 10 days to get through it...and the only reason I finished was it was due at the library tomorrow. I'm sad to say that I ...more
Pr Latta
Third in the Savannah Reid Mystery series, Killer Calories continues the humorous mysteries featuring Savannah herself, a "large" Georgia woman comfortable in her body who really enjoys food and life who was shuffled off the small town California police force in Just Desserts for her size as well as what she knows about the police chief and is now working as a private investigator. Her usual ensemble are present, with all the craziness you'd expect. It's mindless entertainment, good for a day at ...more
Linda
This one was lacking. She seemed more concerned with food and checking out men then trying to solving the case. Dirk came off really bad here. Will read some more by her, but I hope the characters aren't so shallow next time.
Jenn
First off, the cover for this is horrible. It was only published in 1997, so there's no excuse really. I picked it up at the used book store because I've been trying to find a new cozy series to get into.

The story was okay. It wasn't fabulous. There was none of the usual quirkiness you find in this genre. There were too many side characters that I was supposed to already know (yes, I know it's 3rd in a series) and I couldn't remember who was who. I won't read any more in this series, but it was
Roxann
It wasn't bad but not a page turner.
Marcia
This is one of the early Savannah Reid books. Her assistant Tammy needs more description, especially since she is in the middle of most of the action. The other spa visitors are rarely mentioned even though they were present at the time of Kat's death. Serious family issues are a concern for several characters. Some are resolved, but the book ends before others are. I like this series, but some characters and scenes seem to end abruptly.
Carol Hassett
A pass the time kind of book. Hard to connect with the characters.
Dorothy Garland
I like all the characters , Savannah an ex cop fired from the force because she uncovered an inter agency scandal , is now a private detective .her cases are all interesting ,her best friend who was also her partner on the force I think is he is secretly in love with her ,but she only thinks of him as her best friend. This is book 3 of a series
Kat
Laura Hill
Nov 28, 2007 Laura Hill rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kater
This is part of a cute series of light mysteries. The main character isn't too deep. It's a good "fluff" book if you want to be entertained, yet don't want to watch tv. there are several others in the series, all with "witty" food-related titles.
Christine
I enjoy the quirkiness of the characters and the storyline. Death in a mudbath at a spa- priceless. The back and forth about Savannah's food and Tammy's is great. I have to give props to the cats, what a pair they are. This series is great.
Tara Carpenter
This is the third book in the Savannah Reid series, and I don't think I'll read anymore. I really like Savannah's character, but the plots are kinda slow and uninteresting. Too many better things out there.
Kim
Each one of these, I start off thinking will be my last for this series. But then she hooks me with her no-nonsense attitude, her acceptance of her plump figure, and her love for her grandmother.
Kitty Tomlinson
Savannah checks into the Royal Palms Spa to investigate the death of owner, Kat Valentina. Fun read.
Daelith
I just love this mystery series. Reid is a true Southern lady. *L*
Nanette
I love this series by this author.
Holly Roque
Holly Roque marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Karen Berzins
Karen Berzins marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Donna Shaver
Donna Shaver marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Ruby
Ruby added it
Dec 01, 2014
Mansfield Public ...: Killer Calories Review by Nicole Potter 1 2 Jul 23, 2013 10:38AM
  • Just Desserts (Hemlock Falls Mysteries, #9)
  • How to Paint a Cat (The Cats and Curios Mystery, #5)
  • Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)
  • Beewitched (Queen Bee Mystery, #5)
  • When the Cookie Crumbles (A Cookie Cutter Shop Mystery, #3)
  • Silenced By Syrah (A Wine Lover's Mystery #3)
  • All That Matters
  • False Impressions (Stamping Sisters, #3)
  • The Whole Cat and Caboodle (Second Chance Cat Mystery, #1)
  • Town in a Wild Moose Chase (A Candy Holliday Mystery, #3)
  • Antiques Flee Market (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #3)
  • A Killer Crop (Orchard, #4)
  • Dutch Me Deadly (Passport to Peril, #7)
  • Murder Buys a T-shirt (A Haunted Souvenir Shop Mystery #1)
  • The Cat, the Mill and the Murder (A Cats in Trouble Mystery, #5)
  • Death of a Rug Lord (Den of Antiquity, #14)
  • The Chocolate Bridal Bash (A Chocoholic Mystery, #6)
Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored over fifty published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed SAVANNAH REID MYSTERIES under the pseudonym G. A. McKevett.

Sonja's novels range from Irish historicals to contemporary thrillers. Her earthy humor and fast-paced plots delight her fans, while critics applaud her offbeat characterizations and inci
More about G.A. McKevett...
Just Desserts (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #1) Death by Chocolate (Savannah Reid, #8) Bitter Sweets (A Savannah Reid Mystery, #2) Murder a la Mode (Savannah Reid, #10) A Decadent Way to Die (Savannah Reid Mystery, #16)