Eat This And Live: Simple Food Choices that Can Help You Feel Better, Look Younger, and Live Longer!

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  30 reviews
From the "New York Times"-bestselling author of "The Seven Pillars of Health" comes this guide that teaches readers what the Bible has to say about food. Dr. Colbert gives his recommendations on which foods to eat heartily, eat in moderation, or avoid all together. Full-color throughout.
Published December 9th 2008 by Siloam

Craig
Fork over Knives, Eat to Live, they all speak to eating healthy to survive and that most of what ales us is about what we eat. Which is very true, our diets need to swing towards the vegan side as much as possible but not be completely there, if that makes sense. The nice thing about Dr Colbert's work is that he tries to make the information appealing to read by providing nice pictures and a bit of a sense of humor. I also like that he shows a practical side to his eating suggestions by saying t...more
Hannah Kartagener
This is the best, most helpful, straight forward nutrition book ever. I read it in one day. It gives practical advice that can be applied immediately. From what to eat, what to buy, and how to boost your health, this book has enough to kick start a new way of living and eating!
Lizette Valles
This book taught me the importance of feeding my body nutrient-rich foods for optimum health. Dr. Colbert explained what we should be eating as well as what we should be avoiding and why. I recommend it everyone! :)
Lorri Culhane
Feel better, look younger, live longer! Who doesn't want to do that. I am always trying to make my diet healthier
Mpayne
Excellent informative book.
Pam
Basic good to know information with a little spiritual guidance thrown in.
Jough
The research and information about nutrition that went into this book is astounding. Colbert really condensed a lot of great information into a very compact book (it's shorter still when you consider that it's mostly images of healthy foods) but the weird religious elements seem so random and crammed into every chapter. If the author skipped the evangelical aspects of how god wants us to be healthy and how he gave us vitamins, it would have been a much stronger recommendation.
Cheryl
There is quite a bit of good advice but it isn't easy to sort out the valid from the opinion. One surprise was it was at times, seriously heavyhanded with the religious justifications that often seemed out-of-place. That's always a major warning flag to me, even though it appears we both claim Christianity as our faith.
Luna
I thought this was a great book - somewhat along the lines of the "Eat This/ Not That" series, but focusing more on healthy, whole foods and not on choosing the lesser of two evil junk food choices. Very informative, easy to read and lots of fun graphics along the way.
LaDawn
This would be a great gift book for someone just starting on the journey away from the Standard American Diet and into healthier eating. It is very basic and not too radical, and very easy to read and understand. Very pretty book, too. Lots of eye-catching photos.
Kristen Bennett
Everyone should have a copy of this book. It illustrates simple concepts about nutrition that make you think "duh, why didn't I think of that." No matter where you are on the health spectrum, you'll learn something in this book.
Yvette
Wonderful pocket guide to help improve your eating habits! I highly recommend this and the Eat this and live for kids. Puts into perspective how terrible we do eat. And how simple changes can make our diets healthier!
Marcia
JParsons1974 Parsons
179 pages indexed. This was my 1st book on food and diet. The book is enjoyable. You are going to need own it however if you plan to use it. It might be worth the purchase price.
Rachel
Read books like this before. I learned why I am not as healthy as I could be!Too much processed foods, fat, sugars and I better change my eating habits!
Don
This book has a lot of good advice but is very basic information. Anyone who has studied healthy eating will already know most of what is presented.
Jill Kemerer
Excellent! I loved the glossy pages filled with photographs. Tons of valuable info on vitamins, serving sizes, and healthy diet inside. A keeper!
Denise
Jul 25, 2009 Denise is currently reading it
Just starting reading it. I has lots of colorful pictures and is easy to read. Both good items for me. I've enjoyed Colbert's other books.
Erin Wilkens

I appreciated the nutrition and lifestyle information but could have done without all the god and Jesus talk.
Mary
Quick easy read with magazine like pages. A good review and a little new information on what is good and bad for you.
Allison
Great book about how to make wise food choices & the different between living and dead foods.
Melody
Jampacked with facts but helpful too. Good book to keep on hand for reference.
Linda
Easy read, colorful, lots of pictures.
Grace37
Great book a good read for everyone.
Libby
Dec 30, 2009 Libby added it
Shelves: health
Easy read.......really good book
Susan
Well written and easy to read.
Jan Lewis
Health & Wellness
Alicia
Apr 21, 2010 Alicia is currently reading it
EXCELLENT resource. Better than most. Straight to the point in a simple way that the average joe can understand.
Patricia
Very informative!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Seven Pillars Of Health: The Natural Way To Better Health For Life What Would Jesus Eat?: The Ultimate Program for Eating Well, Feeling Great, and Living Longer Deadly Emotions: Understand the Mind-Body-Spirit Connection That Can Heal or Destroy You Toxic Relief: Restore health and energy through fasting and detoxification Stress Less: Do you want a stress-free life?