Start by marking “Finally Winsome: How an Overprotective Dog Came to Need Protection” as Want to Read:
Finally Winsome: How an Overprotective Dog Came to Need Protection

Finally Winsome: How an Overprotective Dog Came to Need Protection

4.62 of 5 stars 4.62  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In a delightful tale of man's, or woman's best friend, author Jennifer Carle takes readers through life with Winsome, or Winn, her beloved furry companion. A sweet, quirky tale, Finally Winsome, follows one woman's journey as she sets out from the home of her childhood only to return and find companionship with a rescue dog that needed a second chance. With a warm sense of ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Tate Publishing & Enterprises (first published March 18th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Finally Winsome, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finally Winsome

Matthew DeBettencourt
It's the true story of a black labrador--with a few other breeds mixed in--named Winn, and the bond that she and her owner shared. Winn was a rescue dog from the SPCA that Jen adopted when she realized she had a need for something else in her life, to fill a void that relationships with men left empty.

As their relationship grew, so did their family. Winn was very protective of Jen, but as she grew older, their roles would switch, and taking care of Winn was becoming full-time.

This story--every
Alyssa Pierce
By the time I read the last chapter I was crying like a baby. I wasn’t crying because it was a terrible book; far from it. It was just so touching. By the time I was at the middle of the book, I felt like I belonged to Carle’s family. Her writing does an amazing job of pulling you into the story so that you feel like you’re a part of it.

So what’s the book about, you ask? Well, we are taken back in time to when Carle was a single, independent young woman. A retail workaholic who had just broken
Elaine Littau
Finally Winsome by author, Jen Carle is a love story. It is not a romance. It is about the pure love of a devoted dog to her owner. Who among us does not need love like this? Mrs. Carle takes the reader into her family and expresses the challenges and joys of a relationship with an alpha female Lab-mix.
I recommend Finally Winsome to dog-lovers everywhere. Good job, Jen.
Elaine Littau, author of Nan's Journey
Jane Harber
I love this book! The author, Jennifer A. Carle, presents life with her dog, Winn. She has a simple and whimsical way of presenting her story that makes you fall in love with both her and her dog. She brings "home" the truth that a dog is not just a pet, it's a member of the family. Her stories made me laugh, and cry. They are real. They are inspiring. Thank you, Jen, for sharing a bit of your life with us.
Smartrock
The title of this book is actually Finally Winsome: How an overprotective... Bring your tissues. An easy and quick read that will make you want to go love on your own dog some.
Aubrey Scott
Aubrey Scott marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2013
Rosalie Pope
Rosalie Pope marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2012
Amanda Lease
Amanda Lease marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2013
Lauri
Lauri marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2011
A Face of Prozac: One Womans Journey Through Eating Disorders, Anxiety, and Really, Really Bad PMS. My College Boyfriend Dumped Me for You: Can I Add You as a Friend? Becoming Waldo: How Being My Dog Would Make Me a Better Human My College Boyfriend Dumped Me For You Becoming Waldo