Elyon (The Lost Books, #6)

Elyon (The Lost Books #6)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  1,899 ratings  ·  71 reviews
Elyon's lakes have turned blood red. Is it a curse . . . or the cure?

Shaeda has one blue eye and one purple eye. No one fully knows her story, but her mere gaze eats away at the core of one's being. In his quest for power, Johnis now finds himself in her intoxicating grip.

Assumed identities, a magic amulet, the fearsome Shataiki bats, and a troubling alliance with the Dark...more
Published June 2nd 2009 by Thomas Nelson (first published May 21st 2009)

Brian
Elyon is the (currently) final book in the Lost Books series, though these last two books have almost nothing to do with the Lost books themselves, or for that matter, the story that unfolded in the first 4 books at all. The 4 book arc that started pretty well and ended very well is followed up by this 2 book mini-arc which follows Johnis, Silvie and Darcal back into Middle, but 5 years later after the horde has taken over the forests and Thomas Hunter and the circle are on the run or in hiding....more
Aimee
Hannah
I hated this last book. Loved the other ones (though not Infidel really) but the ending was HORRIBLE! It just was. It was too rushed.
Shaeda was stupid. I hated her. Marak and Darsal were adorable I must say. But it said when Marak bathed he had "black" skin. And it said in Lunatic that his brother, Jordan had blond hair. This is what happens when an author writes with someone else. I swear, that drives me crazy (I'm a perfectionist that way). Don't really have anything else to say except that I...more
Jesse
The Lost Books series was written to fill in some of the blanks in Ted Dekker's other series (The Circle), which I have not yet read. There was commentary at the beginning of this series explaining how they were related, and that you could read either one of the series first, but having read the Lost Books first, I can't help but wonder if I wouldn't have been better off reading The Circle first.

"Chaos", the third book, was the high point for me. In "Lunatic", the series started to run out of st...more
Kristy
I have to say, I am very disappointed with this book. As the close of the series, you'd expect something dramatic, awesome, breath-taking, memorable. But starting with book 5, this series really took a downward spiral in my opinion. I was okay with 5 at first since it was a to-be-continued and I didn't know the actual outcome until I got to this one; now my rating for 5 goes down too. I really dislike when authors take a series and completely flip it around to where it doesn't even make sense an...more
Becky B
The plot of this book really started in book 5, Lunatic. To recap: Johnis is possessed by the Leedhan queen, Shaeda. He is in possession of a medallion that he stole from the Shataiki queen and can be used to control all Shataiki. To do so, though, he needs the help of the Teelah priest to perform a ceremony, so he has allied himself with and become Horde. Silvie is tagging along with him to give him his only anchor to sanity and way to prevent Shaeda from completely taking him over. (He & S...more
Nick
...and finished, but not really. The cool thing about this series is that while named 'the circle' it is circular reading. These 6 books which in order spell C.I.R.C.L.E. (first letter of the single-word title), are part of another connected series of books which have colors as their title (Red, Green, Black, White).
While trying to determine where to start for this series, I read somewhere that you can start at any of the 'color' titles or at the beginning of the 'C.I.R.C.L.E.' series. Cool i...more
William Crosby
Deception is the dominant theme.

Issues raised:

What do you do when somebody is deceived?
Can you love one who acts wrongly without knowing it?
What is the role of forgiveness in everyday life?
Can you refriend somebody who has wronged you?
What is the essence of love: to continue to forgive?

Lots of issues raised, although the book does a lot of wavering with insufficient driving plot to keep me completely satisfied.
Richard
Reading the latest additions to Ted Dekker's Young Adult novels were like watching a television show that had gone on for too many seasons.

Elyon wraps up the YA series called, The Lost Books. (or so we think) And I wasn't connecting at all to the characters or the story like I did in the first 4 novels.

There are too many brand new characters that came from nowhere in the mythos of these books. Sadly, these last two books (Lunatic & Elyon) seemed to be rushed and didn't have the punch that a...more
Alexa
Actual rating: 4 1/2 stars.
Beautiful. Inspiring. Kept me on the edge of my seat with some awesome heart-racing action.
The only problem I had was that, occasionally, the characters did things that didn't really make sense and that kind of bothered me. I'd give examples but spoilers!
Anyways, overall, it was a really great read.

A more in depth review can be found at alexaskrywer.blogspot.com
Stephenie Streiff-process
Predictable

Not a terrible read, but in the end, just terribly predictable. A classic tale of good vs. evil with boat loads of sentimental inner conflict and thinly veiled biblical references.Overall.. Eh....
Linda
Darsal has been “drowned” and reborn, and has been instructed by Elyon to love the Horde and Johnis. Johnis is possessed by Shaeda, but has enough love for Silvie that he’s not given totally to evil. As the story draws to it’s climax, things really get tense. The battle rages as evil fights among itself, in various forms, and Elyon, through Darsal is frantically trying to win back Johnis, Silvie and Marak, the Horde General that Elyon has sent her to love.

This is an awesome series, and I'm goin...more
Aaron
This was a very fun and exciting series for me. The final two books, Lunatic and Elyon, which were co-written by Ted Dekker and Kaci Hill, had a disjucntive flow. There were many sentence fragments, which were quite annoying and were almost non-existent in the first four Lost Books, which raises the assumption that this change came from Hill's writing style as opposed to Dekker's. Either way, the series was excellent. I am excited to continue reading through The Circle and learning more about th...more
Hannah
I thought this book was the best out of the 6. It was very good, but not perfect. I loved Marak and Darsal's part in the book, and I usually hate romance. But, in this case, I thought it was good. ;)

The only problem I had with this is what I usually have with all Dekker books: the ending. It was just... blah. You can obviously tell that Dekker will write another sequel... or ten. But, I expected more action and more finality. The rest of the book, however, was good, borderline great. I recommend...more
Tori
Fantastic. As painful as it became to keep turning the pages, I had a great hope for the ending and I wasn't let down in the least. The story really carried me through a pivotal point in life and I shan't forget it. As I closed the last page on the airplane, I had to smile. It wasn't a story that left me wanting more, but I felt resolved about it all.

Excellent read, and the tie-ins with Ted's other books were astounding. Definitely worth the hours I spent pouring over the wonderful-smelling page...more
Adithi
What. The heck. Happened to this series.
To be honest, I thought it had a lot of promise from Chosen. I was totally into the eye on the cover, all of that.
And then?? This idiotic creep appears on the cover of Lunatic. Johnis, the heck are you doing with her? From there on, the plot just crumbles in my fingers. I couldn't believe what happened to the series by the end. The first four were wonderful, but then the series just couldn't hold its own wait.
I expected so much from the series.
Chica114
It definitely kept me reading, a page-turner. However, in the end, I didn't really like this book as much as the others in the lost book series. I would probably have to blame the leedhan and her controlling ways. I didn't like the suspense of wondering how the main characters would escape her clutches. I liked the story of Marak and Darsal, but found myself really annoyed with Johnis and Silvie. I also hated the end. I mean, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting.
Donovan
Elyon finishes out the Lost Books series perfectly, not with a final climatic battle, but with the salvation of the protagonists. The final realization of the true power of Elyon revealed. I do not believe there is a better way to have finished out this series than this. I loved this whole series and anyone with an interest in young adult fiction that doesn't concentrate on the allure of evil monsters like vampires, etc will enjoy this series as a wonderful alternative.
Really this series could have been over 2 books ago.I still did not like the story line with Shaeda and the Leedhan. It seemed to veer a bit from the original line of the first 4 books, I wonder if that is because it was co-written??

I also did not like the ending. It just kinda stopped, I didn't feel much closure and felt like the ending of this book was the beginning of another story. Maybe that was the goal, but I wasn't impressed :/
Derek Jordan
A decent ending, though this five book series was really a trilogy and then an entirely new set the way I read it.

After getting into these I feel I just really liked the Circle Trilogy and want to stick with that... much of what has been modified and changed.. just does not live up to what it was.. and is really just milking off how good that was.
PWRL
Jan 28, 2014 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-new
SM
Apollo Adama
Truly not worth reading. The series would have been better ended with the 4th book without including these last two books. The writing in these last 2 books has a different feel to it. The voice wasn't the same and it was incredibly noticeable that the books were being written with a co-author. She gave the book a sensibility that appeared awkward and out place compared to the first 4 books.
Abby
This book was a little dull for me, especially compared to the others in this series. Some, such as Lunatic, were very fast reads that I sped through, but this one seemed to be drawn out too long. The desert journeys and chases were boring, and all the stuff about Shaeda was dull. For the final book in the series it just didn't live up to my expectations. The end did get better though.
Ryan
I enjoyed the first 4 books in this series, but once book 5 started, everything started to get uninteresting. My hope was that this book would redeem book five and the direction Dekker decided to take the characters. It didn't. I lost all interest in the characters and the story which wasn't even interesting. His writing is engaging, but he could have done much better on book 5 & 6.
Miriam
This definitely wasn't the best book in the series. There was too much left unresolved and the few plot resolutions that did take place were much too obvious ...in the last few pages, especially, it was like they'd decided to end on a certain page number and just crammed everything in the last five pages in order to get it to fit.
April
The Lost Books....great series! I loved following Darsal, Silvie and Johnis through everything, even eventually loving the hoard! Such great page-turners! Such a great message. If you've read the Circle and you're hungry for more, these are a great way to go! They continue the story and Elyon's love!

On to the Great Romance!
Joel
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book is a light read, but it was so ridiculously STUPID that it took me 2 weeks to read this book. The only reason that I read it was so that I could finish the series; if it was a standalone book, I would have stopped after the third chapter.
Vicky
This was the best Lost Book!! Mr. Dekker left room for more, but I think if he does more, it would be like beating a dead dog with a bone. Excellent ending to a great series. Darsal finally found her man. And it looks like Sylvie and Johnis are finally going to get together.
Anita
Aug 23, 2012 Anita added it
The conclusion to the 'Lost Books' series. Somehow, I didn't enjoy the book before this (book 5: Lunatic) nor this one. The first 4 seem to make a complete enough set on their own, and these last two seemed somewhat disjointed and somewhat chaotic, too.
  • To Kill With Reason
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • Frenzy (Dreamhouse Kings #6)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Return to Alastair (Tahn Dorn #2)
  • Nightmare Academy (Veritas Project, #2)
  • Field of Blood (Jerusalem's Undead Trilogy #1)
  • Hunter Brown and the Secret of the Shadow (Codebearers, #1)
  • Demon: A Memoir
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...
Thr3e White: The Great Pursuit (The Circle, #3) Black: The Birth of Evil (The Circle, #1) Red: The Heroic Rescue (The Circle, #2) Green: The Beginning and the End (The Circle, #0)