Start by marking “Seven Year Ache” as Want to Read:
Seven Year Ache

Seven Year Ache

3.57  ·  Rating Details  ·  90 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Rafe McCaffrey, washed-up one-hit country music wonder, is coming home to northwestern Montana and the only man he’s ever loved—his best friend Jamie Crosby. But the years they’ve spent apart have been kind to neither man. Jamie, owner of the Lazy C guest ranch, has turned hard and bitter, just like his father before him. He can’t forgive Rafe for leaving him when he neede ...more
Published August 20th 2008 by Amber Quill Press (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Seven Year Ache, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Year Ache

Daisiemae
Dec 15, 2008 Daisiemae rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who loves a great romance..even if it is M/M
Recommended to Daisiemae by: I really enjoyed Selah's other book in this seris
I am offically hooked on this series! The characters are written with such emotional depth, how could a person not love it? I went through a number of emotions myself when I read this book. There were bittersweet moments, happy moments, tearful moments, angry moments and it ended on a very sweet and uplifting note. It just doesn't get much better than that.

As many of you know, I am NOT a menage reader. There has to be a very good explaination and storyline for me to like the book. I want to poin
Lindsay
Mar 04, 2009 Lindsay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lindsay by: daisiemae
This book was more complex than I thought it would be. It is very well written, and I loved Rafe and Jamie. The story definitely had an emotional punch to it. Can't wait to read the next one!
Lily
It's been seven years since Rafe McCaffrey left the Lazy C ranch and his best friend Jamie Crosby behind when he took off to find his way in the world. After all this time he's coming back home, looking for work and possibly a way back into Jamie's heart.

This is a nice story with main characters who are well developed and who grabbed my attention from the start. The issues they deal with, including Rafe's leaving and Jamie's domineering Alpha personality are well written and work well for the st
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Feb 24, 2010 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, set-in-montana, 2010

It was 4 stars up til the end, but I didn't like the end. Semi-spoiler alert ahead, in that it is sort of a spoiler, but it's the kind of thing people usually like to know ahead of time so I'm including a warning.

**Girl Cootie Alert: This is not a typical m/m, nor is it a m/m/f menage. It's an m/m romance with an m/m/f scene near the end.**

That's not the only reason I didn't like the end, though. It was more that I just didn't feel the flow. The whole second half of the book felt a litt
Julia
The writing is good, the dialog is pretty genuine, the storyline is engaging and a little heartbreaking in places. I'm not a fan of m/m/f, like, at all, so...if it'd been strictly m/m I probably would've given it four stars or more. If you're into cowboys and m/m/f, this might be a perfect fit, though.
Kirsten
I actually really liked this book, although I did feel there were some flaws to it. For one thing, the threesome felt really shoehorned in-- there wasn't much foreshadowing and it came at a really awkward place in the story, just as the two main characters are actually about to finally have a heart-to-heart. Second I felt that the two main characters were really similar. Same issues-- abandonment, parental issues, can't talk about their feelings; same attitudes-- not good enough for the other; s ...more
JoJo
Feb 02, 2009 JoJo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who love great gay romances
I really liked this book. I enjoyed various emotions that I felt throughout the story. I loved the characters, the backstory and the lovestory itself. I am anxious to read the next one!
Meggie
Jul 30, 2011 Meggie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have mixed feelings about this story. Somehow this book with such plot didn't satisfy me. Both main male characters were annoying and childish at the same time. Really unsatisfying book!
S.J.D. Peterson
Aug 29, 2010 S.J.D. Peterson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
I love the relationship between Rafe and Jamie. Jamie is a totally lovable character that you can't help but fall in love with. Grab a tissue it's a heartbreaker.
*Nan*
There was just something about this book thatkept me form really liking it. I felt no connection at all with any of the characters. Hopefully Wild Horses will be better.
EllieNY
Mar 02, 2011 EllieNY rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really loved this book. This is one of Selah's best, IMO. Just enough angst, great characters, white hot passion and deep love. Perfect combo.
A
A marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Karen
Karen added it
Apr 25, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Scott Grunthaner
Scott Grunthaner marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it did not like it
Nov 15, 2015
Tmjj33ronataurreviews
Tmjj33ronataurreviews marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2015
Teela
Teela marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Christal
Christal marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Kylie Smith
Kylie Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Marcel
Marcel marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Sarah rated it it was ok
Mar 14, 2015
Chantal
Chantal rated it liked it
Feb 24, 2015
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Perfect Ten: A Going for the Gold Novel
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
  • Precious Ache
  • Cattle Valley Days (Cattle Valley, #12)
  • My Father's Lover
  • Angel's Evolution
  • What Hides Inside (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #2)
  • Hard Ride Home
  • Sorcerer's Lover (Sorcerer's Lover #1)
  • When Love Comes Back Around
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Hot Weather
  • Falling (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #2)
  • Joshua's Muse
  • Persistence of Memory
Selah March is the author of several books in multiple romance sub-genres, including erotic romance, futuristic romance, romantic suspense, paranormal romance, fantasy romance, GLBT romance and Regency romance.
More about Selah March...