Start by marking “Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices” as Want to Read:
Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices

Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices

Dr. Walker explains how the lack or deficiency of certain elements, such as vital organic minerals and salts, and consequently of vitamins, from our customary diet is the primary cause of nearly every sickness and disease. Following his recommendations to consume fresh vegetable and fruit juices, we can furnish our bodies with the enzymes needed for optimal health.
Published July 10th 2008 by Norwalk Press (first published 1970)

To ask other readers questions about Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices

The China Study by T. Colin CampbellThe Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael PollanWhy We Get Fat by Gary TaubesIn Defense of Food by Michael PollanGood Calories, Bad Calories by Gary Taubes
A Nutrition Reading List
115th out of 232 books — 259 voters
After The Flood by William R. CooperThe Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David WyssVaccines by Neil Z. MillerFaith's Checkbook by Charles Haddon SpurgeonStrong's Exhaustive Concordance to the Bible by James Strong
Life Changing Favorite Book List
30th out of 61 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Valerie
Interesting Read. The premise of the book is that after years of eating "dead" food we develope diseases. All processed foods are devoid of live enzymes which our bodies need to function properly. Sugars, starches and pasteurized milk are the biggies. Juicing RAW vegetables and fruits and eating an abudance of raw fruits and vegetables will cure and prevent disease. He goes through different juicing combos but the main one is spinach and carrot juice - it's good for almost everything.
Connie
Sep 02, 2012 Connie rated it it was amazing
Been doing this since 1973...sometimes go a long time not doing this....can see a very marked difference in level of vitality. His suggestions has worked for me.

His first book was written in 1942. I have them all and learned so much, applied it, tested and proved it for myself. For me, it has worked!

I keep reviewing his books from 1973 till just yesterday:-)

Lance Lefevre
Jul 28, 2011 Lance Lefevre rated it it was amazing
The master and king of juicing lived to be over 110, read this durign my 18 day juice fast. Plenty of good recipies and information.
Ivica
Dec 04, 2015 Ivica rated it it was amazing
One of the best books on juicing.
Start here.
Prakash
Feb 23, 2014 Prakash marked it as to-read
Book to live loonger
Allison
Feb 09, 2008 Allison rated it it was amazing
Good basic information on juicing and the associated health benefits.
Ietrio
Oct 28, 2016 Ietrio rated it it was ok
Shelves: junk
The recipes are okay, nothing special. But you know something's wrong when the authors need to parade the academic titles just to make a homeopathic point.
Jessica Thurlow
May 16, 2012 Jessica Thurlow rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbook
I was sorely disappointed when I received this book in the mail last night. I was expecting a fun and informative recipe book filled with fresh fruits and vegetables to make my body happy. Instead, Dr. N. W. Walker's Fresh Vegetable and Fruit Juices: What's Missing in Your Body? was a bunch of dated information delivered by a preachy and arrogant Dr. The book was published in 1970 (a fact which I should have checked prior to ordering I suppose) which makes the information nearly fifty years old. ...more
Aleisha Z Coleman
Jan 17, 2012 Aleisha Z Coleman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: most people
i got this book at D.I. for 50 cents. I think i have one of the original versions because they don't even have the edition listed here on goodreads! i can't believe how much the actual knowledge is still relevant. the biggest difference i can tell would be the technology of "juicing", with modern machines it is A LOT easier! I got this book because i am starting a new "enjoying my eating" goal next week. raw juices will be part of that! i would highly recommend this book...i especially enjoy ...more
Ioana
Jan 05, 2016 Ioana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
This book has become one of my Health Bibles. I have experienced on my own body how simple combination of juices made from fresh vegetables and/or fruits can become a healing therapy. Therefore I would recommend to have it on your bookshelf and always use it when necessary for you or your family. Juices should replace one meal/snack for the rest of your life. In juices we trust! :P
Hadassah Tate
Jul 04, 2012 Hadassah Tate rated it really liked it
Love this book! Its a bit older but it is still really informative. Walker breaks the facts about each vegetable or fruit, and tells you what juice helps with what sickness. I personally found this book most helpful for juicing, as well as, educational on various topics such as milk, colds, and raw food. It is a must for all juice lovers!
Veronica
Mar 01, 2013 Veronica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No one has written a book like this sense. Current books describe recipes for pleasure. Dr. Walker juice juice combinations as prescriptions or remedies for relief for various ailments. The best of the Juicing books.
Sheambelly
Aug 23, 2007 Sheambelly rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: how can we most readily furnish our body with the element we need
the lack of deficiency of certain elements , such as vital organic minerals and salt, and consrquently of vitamins, from our customary diet is the primary cause of nearly every sicness and disease.
Keith Thibodeaux
Keith Thibodeaux rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Joan
Joan rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2016
Eduarda
Eduarda rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Star Montgomery
Star Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2014
Darrell
Darrell rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Christine
Christine rated it liked it
Nov 11, 2011
Sadiq Sheshe
Sadiq Sheshe rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2009
Ally Hurt
Ally Hurt rated it it was amazing
May 04, 2015
Tommy
Tommy rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2015
Bill W
Bill W rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2011
Mandy
Mandy rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2011
CS Pine
CS Pine rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2015
Felicia
Felicia rated it liked it
Dec 25, 2015
Re
Re rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2015
Gianluca
Gianluca rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Colette Nies
Colette Nies rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • 28 Days Later, Vol. 6: Homecoming
  • Raw Food Life Force Energy: Enter a Totally New Stratosphere of Weight Loss, Beauty, and Health
  • Fully Alive: A Retreat with Pema Chodron on Living Beautifully with Uncertainty and Change
  • The Belly Book
  • Cats vs. Dogs (National Geographic Readers)
  • Love Magic
  • The Crystal Healer: Crystal prescriptions that will change your life forever
  • Becoming Raw: The Essential Guide to Raw Vegan Diets
  • The Pig of Happiness
  • Foods That Fight Cancer: Preventing Cancer Through Diet
  • The Old Magic of Christmas: Yuletide Traditions for the Darkest Days of the Year
  • Koko's Kitten
  • Prof. Arnold Ehret's Rational Fasting for Physical, Mental and Spiritual Rejuvenation
Pioneer in the field of vegetable juicing and nutritional health. He advocated the drinking of fresh raw vegetable and fruit juices, both to regain and to maintain one's health. Based on his design, the Norwalk Hydraulic Press Juicer was developed. This juicer continues to be produced and sold today. Walker wrote several books on nutrition and healthy living.
More about Norman W. Walker...