Start by marking “Camp Hell (PsyCop #5)” as Want to Read:
Camp Hell (PsyCop #5)

Camp Hell (PsyCop #5)

4.37  ·  Rating Details ·  3,311 Ratings  ·  312 Reviews
Victor Bayne honed his dubious psychic skills at one of the first psych training facilities in the country, Heliotrope Station, otherwise known as Camp Hell to the psychics who've been guests behind its razorwire fence.

Vic discovered that none of the people he remembers from Camp Hell can be found online, and there’s no mention of Heliotrope Station itself, either. Someone
Published December 10th 2008 by JCP Books

To ask other readers questions about Camp Hell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Camp Hell

julio
Nov 10, 2012 julio rated it really liked it
Best one yet, and probably my favorite in the series.

Poignancy—both in pathetic, telling little details like Doc Martens and safety-pin piercings and huffing whippits in the cafeteria kitchen (which, WTF, why have I never tried that?), and in the crushing sense of inevitable loss built into the story by the structure: present-day characters, twenty years ago, when they were young, scared, and more or less completely unaware of how beautiful they really were.

Or of how fragile their companionship
Shurrn
I'm officially adding PsyCop to my 'Favorite Series' shelf!
This is fucking brilliant storytelling.
"You want to catch up with some of your old friends from Heliotrope Station? I can find out where they are."

"The ones who are still alive."

"Or not. That's never stopped you from talking to anyone. Has it?"
If I didn't have to pause and write reviews of each book, I would've binge read this entire series beginning to end in one sitting. Fiction this outstanding is worth ignoring reality for a few
Ingela
Written March 22, 2015

4 1/2 Stars - Wacky and hilarious. A 1-class ghost series

Book #5

The craziest, weirdest, most interesting GHOST series? Yeah, probably. ~ PsyCop can't be compared with anything else I've read in any case.

I maybe didn't love, or understand so much, in the start (two audiobooks novellas done on a vacation trip last fall) but thereafter did I start to freaking happydancing about these books and characters.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

LOVE, Love, love these characters
Once again a giggling fun, sweet roman
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
2 disappointing stars.**Review completed January 24, 2014

I wanted more of Jacob…
 photo 1c4d911c-c358-4e5a-825d-f81238e85a1e_zps3a9e122c.png

…and less of the ghost hunting and paranoia which were all over the place.
 photo tumblr_mueltxm5Nw1s8zm2jo1_500_zpsa1443732.gif

Granted, Vic had reasons for panicking and feeling freaked out but I got fed up and after having been bored in book 4 already, I just think it's time to reconsider. I enjoyed the beginning but after my first update a lot went downhill fast and hard. But first and foremost...

photo tumblr_mh2ta4lp0c1rfduvxo1_500_zps4b356295.gif

Sigh.
Breathe.
Scream.
Writhe.

^^^Me. Reading this book.

HOLY COW THIS ONE WAS HOT! I could read about Vic & Jacob having sex for as long as JCP could write about it...and longer...! I am DYING HERE! I cannot get enough of them!!!!!!!

I'm sure there was a story in this book.
I'm sure it was important.
I'm sure the Camp Hell mysteries started to reveal themselves.
I'm sure some new creepy characters were intro'd.

BUT, I was so lost in the SMEXY, SMUTTY, DIRTY, NASTY, LOVELY, ROMANTIC, S
Nancy
I really enjoyed the fifth installment in the Psy Cop series, even though it felt a little long in places. Unlike the previous stories, there is not just a criminal case to be solved. Vic is eager to find out more about his past in the psychic training facility known as Camp Hell and enlists the help of a therapist, who helps him recover his memories and also happens to be his ex-lover and fellow “inmate” in Camp Hell. He and Jacob also want to find out who is spying on them and why no records o ...more
Jordan Price
Sep 29, 2009 Jordan Price marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Writing tidbit: I didn't know who was ratting on Vic to the FPMP until I was about 2/3 of the way through the book. The character it turns out to be was my best friend in my 20's -- and while I was writing Camp Hell we were supposed to get together, and he stood me up! I thought, okay, buddy-boy. Here's why you don't want to piss off an author!
Jenni Lea
Oh wow! This one is my favorite of the series so far!

I LOVE VICTOR!
I LOVE JACOB!
I LOVE CRASH!

I LOVE JCP FOR WRITING THIS BOOK!
Gigi

Oh, I love how Vic and Jacob keep getting kinkier and kinkier, but also keep falling deeper in love. These boys are just lovely together! I'm especially partial to Jacob. He curls my toes.

This book brought the boys back on track for me and really helped explain the whole science of exactly what a "talent" is. It was nice to see Vic get some closure from his time spent at Camp Hell and to see him growing more fond of his PsyCop partner, Zig.

Fuck yeah, this one made my favorites shelf. On to the n
Erin ☕ *Proud Book Hoarder*

Camp Hell is the best of the series up until book 5. The story has always had intense bedroom play between the main characters, but it was becoming overdone to where it was drowning out actual plot. In the fifth book, I'm happy to say the storyline takes more of a focus, returning to the mystery element and the involvement of different psy agencies and their double-crossing.

The story is longer and layered without a criminal case in sight this time. Instead Vic has to take some much needed person
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.3 stars**

I am going to be in the minority here when I say this wasn't my favorite installment in the series. Don't get me wrong, I stayed up until 1:30 am with work at 8:30 the next day to finish this one! I clearly loved it. However, I thought some of the plot elements didn't jive with what I've noticed in the past.

I agree with other reviewers who noted that Vic wasn't particularly afraid to tell others about the extent of his gift in the past. He never tried to downplay it before so I fou
R * A Reader Obsessed *
Well shit.

(Scuse my language)

I have more questions than answers after reading this. However I don't want you take that the wrong way because this was a pretty awesome installment.

Things are starting to get real as Victor realizes that his life isn't his own. As repressed memories are delved into and new discoveries are made, how much is too much to handle? How far is too far to get the truth?

Secrets definitely get revealed, paranoia runs rampant, lives on are on the line. In and amongst the myst
Mel
Jun 17, 2010 Mel rated it it was amazing
Camp Hell is the fifth in the PsyCop series and it was yet another treat!
The story starts off immediately where Secrets left off and, from the very first page, we’re taken on a engaging journey in which we learn about Vic’s present (why and by whom is he being watched) and his past (Camp Hell).

Vic has located his ex-lover -and fellow Camp Hell resident- Stefan and with sessions of hypnosis therapy, Vic tries to learn more about himself and the past he has blocked out.
Meanwhile Vic and Zig need
Sofia
Aug 26, 2014 Sofia rated it really liked it

I really enjoyed this instalment, a very flowing read. Bit by bit we are getting to know more and more of Vic’s story. This, I’m doing along with him as he too needs to delve into his past to see where he is coming from. (view spoiler)
Shelley
Have you ever read a book that you thought was going to be just like you imagined it to be with revelations of terror and despicable deeds and you where so geared up for all the angst and anticipation ... then it turns out it's NOT about that at all!

So you get super pissed because your expectations have been squashed by romance (ugh) and gullibility. Then while you wallow in your sulky strop getting mad with the hero for doing stuff he shouldn't, and cursing everyone cos it just sucks, and you
Wendy
Really liked this one. It was a bit long compared to the others, but for me that was a good thing. I was kind of surprised by Jacobs thing. Don't know how I feel about that yet. I kind of liked him the way he was. I liked that al the psy stuff was Vic's thing. I like the mystery in these books but I do have to say that they are very easy to figure out, so not really mysterious at all. But all the creepy ghosts sure as hell make up for that :)

Victor and Jacob were very sexy together..as always.

Trio
Feb 13, 2016 Trio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh god oh god oh god, it's so god. Thank you Gomez for doing such an incredible job!

It was every bit as good as I expected it would be. Love, love Vic and Jacob. Really exciting story and great character development.

Audio version - fantastic!
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
4-9-16: Wow, I can't believe I read this over a year ago! I remember so much of it. Note to self: I now have the audio!!! :D

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vic is experiencing, probably for the first time and being aware of it, how it feels to have someone who changes you. Or rather, makes it possible to see yourself differently, with more complexity, more ability and confidence, more everything. Given how most of Vic's life played out bef
Deeze
Jul 06, 2013 Deeze rated it it was amazing
I wish I could give this one more than five stars.

The story line for this one was intense. The whole mystery of who’s working for who, and who to trust had me on the edge of my seat. The ghost mystery part at the end was so well done it was like watching a movie in my head. In fact if ever a book series could be turned into a TV series this is the one. I must admit I had to concentrate harder on this one, the twists and turns kept me on my toes.

As for Jacob and Victor as a couple? They just get
Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi  (Oh My Shelves)
I have to admit that when I came into this series, I wanted Lisa and her “Si-No” talent incorporated more into the story, but it’s dawning on me that Lisa won’t be a major player.
Victor “Vic” Bayne’s thirst for information on his past at Camp Hell led him to meeting up with his old cop partner as well as an old lover Stefan Russel. Both of these guys began slowly helping Vic piece together his time being part of the camp’s experiments on people with psychic abilities.
Meanwhile, Vic doesn’t shar
Em
Nov 19, 2013 Em rated it it was amazing
Shelves: seriel, m-m, paranormal, dtr
Loved every single minute. This has got to be the best book in the series so far for me. Finally Vic confronts his past and has to deal with all those secrets he's kept long buried. His relationship with Jacob is shaken a bit but they are still totally into each other and you just know everything will turn out fine in the end. I feel a bit sad about how things ended with Stefan and hope for some kind of a reconciliation between them in the next book.
Maya
Jan 30, 2016 Maya rated it really liked it

All kinds of wonderful! Intense, scary, funny, and smart.

Storywise the most interesting installment in the series so far. Character arc: Vic was more vulnerable than ever before but also more open and honest both with Jacob and with himself. He learned to exorcise not only the ghosts of strangers, he put to rest some of his own.

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
As much as I like the main idea of this series and its protagonists (Vic's voice is both hilarious and heartbreaking at times and Jacob is simply wonderful), Camp Hell left me a bit underwhelmed.

First, I expected more details on Camp Hell itself so I too can be horrified by it. You get these snippets of Vic's life that are everything you could expect from a place that experimented on people, but it's not enough. Vic's friend and former lover helps him remember through hypnotic regression. I appr
Ann
Just continued love for this series and its characters as I am still happily hooked into their world.

Vic's personality never gets old and I was pretty happy that he and Jacob were connecting again. It seemed they were growing apart with all the drama and secrets, so Jacob's (view spoiler) have given them common ground again. And since Jacob seriously gets off on the whole psychic thing it's a total win for the me as well since JCP can write some serious
Dreamer
Enjoyed this book five of the PsyCop series. Victor confronts his past and finds new ways to use his talent. Jacob and Vic make a really hot couple.
description
Jason Bradley
Jan 03, 2010 Jason Bradley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, ebook, paranormal, ccr
god, could I relate any more than I do with Vic? And Jacob is so awesome. :)
Heidi
Sep 30, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Better and better with each book. 4.5 stars.
Kathryn
By far, the best book of the PsyCop series. Camp Hell was packed full of everything I love and all of it felt ramped up tenfold, from Vic's paranoia over who to trust to his relationship with Jacob and his ability to deal with his past and current work situation. There were some huge changes that took place and I loved every single one, especially involving Jacob and what Vic said in the last scene. It was nothing that the reader should not already have known but it was good to hear Vic say it a ...more
Nichole (Dirrty H)
Nov 05, 2009 Nichole (Dirrty H) rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome. The flashback format was riveting, and we learned so much more about Vic. The paranormal aspect was far more intense. Plus it was about twice as long as any of the others. I highly recommend this series to everyone.
THAT MEANS YOU, MY PNR/UF FRIENDS!!! If you have even a tiny inkling that you might want to dip your toe in the m/m pond, start with Among the Living. I think this is a great series to initiate yourself with.

My only complaint about this book: I am a grammar Nazi
Regina
Camp Hell delivers more of PsyCop goodness. There is Vic's funny introspection, Jacob in all his glory, more insight in to the depth of Vic's powers and his past, and we learn more about Jacob as a person. Readers who are ready to start with installment #5 are well acquainted with Vic and well, he is good old Vic:

“The map of the transit system should’ve been easy to read. I knew where I was, and I knew where I was going. The routes were color-coded. But there was that transfer thing, and the spe
BR PsyCop #5 - Sofia, Are and Ingela 95 9 Mar 22, 2015 09:00AM
  • The Hell You Say (The Adrien English Mysteries, #3)
  • Infected: Bloodlines (Infected, #2)
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Hell Cop
  • Like Pizza and Beer (Dino Martini Mysteries, #2)
  • Bloodline (Whyborne & Griffin, #5)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

PsyCop (7 books)
  • Among the Living (PsyCop #1)
  • Criss Cross (PsyCop #2)
  • Body and Soul (PsyCop, #3)
  • Secrets (PsyCop, #4)
  • GhosTV (PsyCop #6)
  • Spook Squad (PsyCop #7)

“What the fuck happened to you? [...] You look like you lost a fight with a lamprey. Hickey, hickey...bruise, bruise, bruise...bite. I thought that thing on your neck the other day was just a fluke. I guess not--looks like you get off on picking up a few souvenirs when you...get off. ~Crash” 47 likes
“I've never liked the word team. I've always equated it with being picked last and getting nailed in the groin with a dodgeball.” 8 likes