Start by marking “ReVamped (Void City, #2)” as Want to Read:

ReVamped (Void City #2)

4.03  ·  Rating Details ·  1,010 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
REVIVED. REFRESHED.
AND READY FOR REVENGE.

Eric has lost his strip club, his Mustang, and even Marilyn, the elderly love of his (mortal) life. Even his body was obliterated. In short, they almost got him. But when you're a vampire, "almost" is a very important word. With a little magical help from his friends, Eric is restored to corporeal form, but his treasured Mustang get
Published March 10th 2009 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about ReVamped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about ReVamped

Jared Millet
Oct 04, 2010 Jared Millet rated it it was amazing
Yeah, I know. Vampires. Bear with me.

There are many, many, many of us who once loved vampires - when they were rare, dark, mysterious, and evil. Now that we're overrun with romantic, fanged versions of Fabio, J.F. Lewis's take on vampires is a refreshing bucket of blood to the face. The world of ReVamped is filled to the brim with the posh, goth-wannabe, uber-trendy bloodsuckers that we've all grown to hate. What's great is that Lewis's protagonist, the emperor vampire Eric, hates them just as m
ALPHAreader
Oct 16, 2010 ALPHAreader rated it it was amazing
Daelith
Jun 16, 2009 Daelith rated it it was amazing
Angela
Jan 20, 2010 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, urban-fantasy
ReVamped, J.F. Lewis' second book in the Void City series, picks up pretty much right where Book 1 left off: with Eric, his vampire protagonist, getting blown up. Which, you have to admit, is a pretty tough state to come back from--but Eric isn't just any vampire. He's an Emperor-class vampire, with enough power and enough followers to pull off even coming back from the dead. Thus, we've got the stage set for Book 2.

Eric is understandably less than thrilled at having been made to explode, but th
Ithlilian
A vampire car, two main characters-one is a bit of a jerk, the other is a bit clueless, demons, and magic stones. That doesn't sound like a book I would enjoy. It actually sounds a bit ludicrous. In reality it was f'in awesome! This book picks up right where the last one left off-Eric has been blown apart, Marilyn is dead, and Tabitha broke up with Eric since he is sleeping with her dead? sister. The cast of characters in this series is unforgettable. Sure Eric discards his lovers when they ...more
marlene
Sep 15, 2009 marlene rated it really liked it
this book wasnt quite as funny as the last one. the first book had me dying in so may spots. i'd still call this a male queen betsy, if betsy was kind of evil. this book picks up exactly where the last lets off and seems to set up the next book. the secondary characters are all well done and make you want to know more about them. you get pieces of info in small chunks as you go along. i suspect their full stories will come about when they are needed.

if only we could get rid of Tabitha. she driv
Jackie
Jun 28, 2011 Jackie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Vampires who love snark, silly situations and a Mustang who turns into "Fang The Stang"
Shelves: read-in-2011
I thought I had a good time when I read Staked , however when I finished the last page of ReVamped I realized that it was an even better story than the first book in the Void City series! Eric Courtney may be a wacky vampire but he is one also one heck of an entertaining character to read about!

Will be opening up my copy of book three in a few days after I read a book for review from an author, hope that Crossed is as good as the first two were!
Ladiibbug
#2 Void City - UF

First Read: Nov. 2009
Second Read: 2/22/15

The trials, tribulations, fights, and love triangles (rectangles?) continue for Eric, the Vlad-level vampire. Roller-coaster action, gruesomeness, with lots of humor.

While Eric has extraordinary powers that he can't explain, his memory comes and goes. Poor Eric ;-). In book 1 his best friend tries to have him murdered and double crosses him in business dealings -- that's just for starters -- Eric's body is destroyed. Even worse, his 1964
Yvensong
One sign that I am really enjoying a book(?) -- I stay up into the wee hours of the morning to finish reading. The day after, of course, I pay for it by being a bit of a zombie. That was me, today.

There were some things I enjoyed about this one more than the first one. One, there wasn't a cliff-hanger ending. There is obviously more story to tell, which will encourage me to search out #3, but I don't feel cheated at the end of the book, like I did after book #1.

I grew to like Eric more in this
Heather
Jan 21, 2015 Heather rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Loved it with Eric, tabitha, rachel, tabolt, and nobody can forget Greta. Trust me when I say Greta and Eric are characters not soon forgotten.

wish I time to review more but without a keyboard doing this 1 letter at a time annoys me.
Aurian Booklover
Dec 23, 2013 Aurian Booklover rated it it was amazing
After being blown apart by blessed explosives, it takes a while for Eric to come back to unlife. He has lost his one love, Marilyn, and he wants revenge. Revenge on Roger, who was supposed to be his best friend but who betrayed him. But Roger has been eaten by a wolf pack, so that should have finished him off for good. He was just a Master vampire, not a Vlad, and certainly not an Emperor like Erik.
Eric’s latest girlfriend, Tabitha, has left him for the high life now that she is a vampire herse
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

Parts of J. F. Lewis’s follow-up to his urban fantasy debut, STAKED, are crazy good (the humor, the pacing, the world building), other parts are crazy frustrating, for example the bit of bait and switch when it comes to cover art. A woman is featured on the cover, and even though there are a number of chapters told from the perspective of Tabitha, the main protagonist in REVAMPED is Eric. I knew this going in, but I can imagine a lot of readers feeling
Lady Rogue
Nov 07, 2010 Lady Rogue rated it liked it
Ranata
Jun 07, 2009 Ranata rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, void-city
Shelley
Jan 01, 2011 Shelley rated it really liked it
Synopsis: Eric Courtney, strip club owner and operator in Void City, is coming to terms with existence as a ghost vampire after dying in an explosion that totaled his place of business. His former fiancée, Marilyn, tells Eric that his best friend betrayed him, but the demon J'iliol'lth collects her soul before she can explain further. Worse yet, Eric's beloved Mustang somehow gets turned into a vampire. Eric accepts a commission from J'iliol'lth to find the Stone of Aeternem, which enables its ...more
Christal
I really enjoyed the second installment of the Void City series. Eric is trying to rebuild his life after the ending of the first novel and it was very cool to learn more about him and his vampire heritage.

I love that Eric builds himself a family of both vamps and non-vamps. He's a pretty scary guy, but deep down he has a good heart. I liked that the Rachel storyline got some closure. I still don't think it was a good idea to let he hang around though. I love Eric and Tabitha together, even thou
Darcy
Jun 08, 2009 Darcy rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, uf, vampires, magic
This book was good, it picked up right where the last one stopped. The more I read I really like Eric, which surprises me because he is such a bastard. I think the one redeeming quality that he has is that he knows he is a bastard and is upfront about it with everyone that he keeps in his life. I am glad that Marilyn and Roger are no more, I didn't like them. Glad Tabitha and Talbot are still around they are entertaining. Would like to know about Talbot and what exactly a mouser is. Wish that ...more
Steph
ReVamped got 3 vs. 4 because I didn't find it as good as Staked (book 1). Parts definitely had me snickerin' to myself, but there were parts to this story that just didn't do it for me. Eric is still a trip though.

In the end of book 1 he got blown up by his "best friend" and his latest girlfriend dumped him. In this book, he is trying to reform and finds out he's linked to his car. Yeah, tell me about it ... I guess it's a kinda cool concept, I just wasn't feeling it.

Overall, I definitely enj
Kelly
Mar 09, 2009 Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I loved JF's first book in this series, Staked, but was disappointed by this second installment. Eric was developed as such a complex, unique character in Staked, but in ReVamped Eric falls flat. The attempt to make him "bad ass" is heavy handed. The humor and sex appeal of the first book is squelched in the sequel. I kept being drawn out of the story by mentions of clichéd songs on Fang's radio (and I thought Eric took to the cheesey 'Fang the Stang' too easily--not very bad ass). Overall the ...more
Robert 'Rev. Bob'
Jan 03, 2014 Robert 'Rev. Bob' rated it really liked it
Ah, I waited too long to get around to this one. I should've head it sooner after the first book. At least the other two are already waiting for me.

I absolutely love Eric's style, especially in contrast to the more "traditional" vampires he goes up against. If a door's warded, go through the wall and gripe about how it's not as easy as it looks in the movies. Toss in references to Saturday morning cartoons. Realize that something really crappy's about to happen, and let it because you'll survive
Maria
Jan 04, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book and been so delighted with a character that when you finally finish reading it, you can't stop grinning from ear to ear and you want to whoop with sheer exuberance? Well if you want to know what that's like, start reading this series. The vampire subsection of the fantasy market has become so glutted that finding anything different is akin to finding a sober, natural blonde at a frat house party. Honestly, I have yet to predict what plot twist is coming up next our how ...more
Scotchneat
Eric is a vamp that is hard to kill, partly because he's some special vamp that is also a spectre, and something else.

But he gets burned to ashes and then his female "daughters" and ex-girlfriend and mage try to bring him back. Then he needs to figure out how and why he was killed, and get the love of his life out of damnation.

It was entertaining, for the most part, but the humour falls a little short of snorting good. And the caveats to the vamps & weres & witches seem a little forced,
Cathy
Another terrific book. Smart, kept me guessing, and a cool car. A lot of vampire books seem to follow a formula, this one doesn't. Eric is a complete original. Tabitha is shallow, and written a bit shallowly, but her occasional insights are interesting and she's a good contrast to Eric. Most questions about Rachel are finally answered. I'm still very eager to find out more about Talbot. These books are a great mix of dark and humor, the characters are vivid and the story is intriguing.
MB
Feb 04, 2011 MB rated it really liked it
While this is a good book and an excellent sequel, I didn't feel it quite lived up to the first book. We have a lot more introspection from Eric, and I think I liked him so much in the first book precisely because he didn't stop and examine his feelings and motives.

Still, I can't wait to read the third book. After a vampire Mustang, Lewis has to have something fabulous up his sleeve.
Christine Strowbridge
Both of the Void City books are three stars for me because I had to force myself to finish the books. I liked the story fine, but something about the books had me putting the book down to do OTHER THINGS, which is so unlike me. I do want to read book three eventually, but I think I'll take a break from Eric for a while.
Sheri-Lynn Marean
Jan 31, 2014 Sheri-Lynn Marean rated it it was amazing
J.F. Lewis does a fantastic job with these books, even if your getting tired of the whole vamp thing, you will still love these books! they are crazy funny! the characters are funny, psycotic and just fun!! These are at the top of my list of Favorite books!! I am waiting for his next in the series!!
Cindy
Dec 06, 2009 Cindy rated it really liked it
It took me two times to get into Staked but I really liked it. So much so that I had to order ReVamped the next day, and I loved it! I haven't read many male authors and will admit I was a snob! Now I have three male authors I love to read. Can't wait until I can read whatever Mr. Lewis comes up with next for these characters!
Russ
Sep 11, 2016 Russ rated it it was ok
Really didn't enjoy this as much as the first one (Staked) - maybe it's just that the novelty wore off. The third one, Crossed, is now out and I will buy it on the strength of how much I enjoyed Staked, rather than being excited because of ReVamped. Sometimes the middle of a trilogy sucks but it finishes on a bang, eh?
Rod Hartman
Apr 19, 2012 Rod Hartman rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-books
Filled with vampires, demons, magicians and even Fang, "the Stang", how could you not love this book. This book picks up where Staked left off, with Eric floating incorporate over his ruined nightclub. Eric must deal with vampire high society while putting his life and position back together. Filled with attitude and dark humor, it is a great read
John
Feb 24, 2012 John rated it it was amazing
Interesting reveals in this book of the series - liking where things went and where they're headed for the most part. A few things didn't turn out quite how I thought they might, but it should work ok...
Loved Staked! 2 12 Sep 13, 2012 11:04AM
  • As Lie the Dead (Dreg City, #2)
  • In the Blood (The Maker's Song, #2)
  • Bad to the Bone (WVMP Radio, #2)
  • X-Rated Bloodsuckers (Felix Gomez, #2)
  • The Path of Razors (Vampire Babylon, #5)
  • Blood Rock (Skindancer, #2)
  • Hallowed Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #2)
  • Pray for Dawn (Dark Days, #4)
  • Retribution (Anna Strong Chronicles, #5)
  • Doubletake (Cal Leandros, #7)
  • Howling Legion (Skinners, #2)
  • Bite Marks (Jaz Parks, #6)
  • Under Darkness (Darkwing Chronicles, #5)
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • Road Trip of the Living Dead (Amanda Feral, #2)

Void City (4 books)
  • Staked (Void City, #1)
  • Crossed (Void City, #3)
  • Burned (Void City, #4)