Start by marking “Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter #4)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  1,282,649 ratings  ·  18,057 reviews
The summer holidays are dragging on and Harry Potter can't wait for the start of the school year. It is his fourth year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and there are spells to be learnt, potions to be brewed and Divination lessons (sigh) to be attended. Harry is expecting these: however, other quite unexpected events are already on the march ...
Published September 28th 2002 by Scholastic (first published July 8th 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, please sign up.

MissMangoReads J.K. Rowling, not Robert Galbraith. The Harry Potter books were her first books. She then released The Casual Vacancy as J.K. Rowling and The Cuckoos…moreJ.K. Rowling, not Robert Galbraith. The Harry Potter books were her first books. She then released The Casual Vacancy as J.K. Rowling and The Cuckoos Calling as Robert Galbraith. Nobody knew that Robert Galbraith was her, and she let people read and judge her book, not based on her big name, but based on its quality. Then she revealed herself.(less)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. RowlingHarry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. RowlingThe Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
The BOOK was BETTER than the MOVIE
3rd out of 1,257 books — 16,958 voters
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee1984 by George OrwellHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenThe Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Books That Everyone Should Read At Least Once
38th out of 12,525 books — 61,641 voters

More lists with this book...

Stephen
This was the beginning of my addiction to POTter. I had previously experimented with and enjoyed POTter on 3 different occasions, but could easily have walked away and never touched the stuff again. Then, under some pressure from some POTterHEAD peers of mine, I tried the newest blend called the Goblet...and everything changed. As the warm, easy, potato chip prose crossed my blood-brain barrier, euphoria ensued. My inner child was smitten.

I...was...hooked and I...was...happy.

Ignore the so-call
Hira
*To read more reviews by me visit Views & Reviews *

I seriously have no idea why I still review these books when I have nothing new to say. I mean... J.K. Rowling is perfect. This series is perfect. And I dream day & night of going to Hogwarts. So what I'm going to do is, I'm going to show you how I felt about this book:

When I started the book:

During the book:

At the end:

Umm.. Mam Rowling..

All in all

description

Sorry for the lame review, readers. I just really don't know what to say..
Raeleen Lemay
Re-Read in December 2014 for Harry Christmas To You

SO I HAVE A FEW NOTES ON THIS ONE:

-at the beginning, Voldemort says to Wormtail, "I will allow you to perform an essential task for me, one that many of my followers would give their right hands to perform..." OMG J.K. ROWLING FORESHADOWS EVERYTHINGGGG

-when the Weasley men come to Privet Drive through the Dursleys' fireplace is just.... priceless. Yet ANOTHER scene that I wish had made it into the movie.

-We get to meet Bill in this book (way e
Susan
Sep 04, 2007 Susan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: yomr
Now THAT'S a book! The groove that J.K. Rowling starts to find in HP 3 is fully realized in 4. Partly it's that the kids (and therefore the readers) are getting older so she can delve into more adult, complex themes and situations, and partly it's that I think she's really finding her voice. We finally got our very own HP's, I am happy to report, and it's so funny to look at them all side by side b/c of the HUGE leap in size between 3 and 4. Then they get a little tricky b/c while 4 and 5 look t ...more
Mohammed Arabey
في سوريا والعراق ظهر قادة الدولة الإسلامية "داعش" يغزون مدنهما يخرجون من ليس منهم,من ليس "إسلاميا" مثلهم من بيوتهم ومدنهم… يقتلون وينحرون رأس من يقف أمامهم, من يختلف عنهم في الدين أو المذهب وحتي الرأي أحيانا..من ليس مثلهم لا يحق له العيش في الدول التي يفتحونها أو ينتووا فتحها
وعلي مقربة منهم ,مكانيا, في فلسطين هناك الصهاينة ,يتغلغلون بأراضيها يخرجون من ليس منهم, من ليس يهوديا صهيونيا من بيوتهم واراضيهم..يقتلون ويقصفون بيوت من يقف أمامهم ,من ليس صهيونيا أو يهوديا هو أقل منهم شئنا...هم الساميون أسم
9 3/4
Harry Potter changed my life. If I hadn’t read Harry Potter when I did I would not be the same person today. What I am today, in a part is due to Harry. I cannot really say enough to make you understand how much Harry Potter means to me.
Katya
Here be warned: This review contains cursing.

Greetings, loved ones, and let us talk of a young witch named Hermione Granger.

Hermione is, and always has been, a delight to read. Not necessarily because she's a girl, but because she is the only character amongst those 14 year olds who actually has a good head on her shoulders.

When I was young and gullible, I hated this book. Hated how it killed off Cedric and how bloody the series got afterwards. I hated it enough to renounce the franchize. Now
Liza Lawler
So after suffering through the first three books of this series, I vowed never to carry on and finish it. That is, until I was at a party and two of my friends gave the Harry Potter saga such a ringing endorsement that I was convinced I was missing out. I picked up the fourth book and was determined to read it, to reconsider my stance on the series.

I quickly got through 200 pages, but it was then that I came to the same crisis I always do when reading a Harry Potter book: Do I really want to go
Mariel
Feb 25, 2012 Mariel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: flobberworms give bad bite
Recommended to Mariel by: Aragog never killed no one never
I'm a Harry Potter fan. A rather hardcore one, back in the day. The Harry fans at the big meetup of 2007 (last book) ditched me for not being cool enough. Shows what they know.

I don't know if anyone on goodreads followed the intense Harry Potter fanbase core in the good old days. I wasn't on goodreads until after the last book came out. Goblet of Fire was the last Harry Potter book before all of the bitching naysayers. It was never as much fun after that, either to discuss theories or pick apart
Navessa
I don't know why I thought I'd actually be able to review these books. I can't. I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said and really I don't think I could manage anything other than some flailing and fangirling. So here you go:

*flails*

*fangirls*

Maxwell
This book is the crux of the series. It really sets up the dark atmosphere of the final three books. And I absolutely love it. It may be one of my favorites of the series.
Carmen Maloy
Oct 22, 2007 Carmen Maloy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
What stands out in book 4:

* Hermione's disgust at the reception for the veela (Bulgarian National Team Mascots) at the Quidditch World Cup. Rowling's fourth book addresses issues about growing up--the dynamic between the boys and girls at Hogwarts starts to change. Nowhere is this more plain than the hilarious scene in which magical cheerleaders nearly convince Harry and Ron to jump from the stands to impress them.
* Viktor Krum's crush on Hermione--and Ron's objection to it.
* Malfoy's "Potter
Jay Kristoff
This was the book that broke me from the HP series. My bride insists they got better, but she also married me, so her taste is... suspect.

I loved Prisoner of Azkaban. Great struggle, clever time-travel story (very hard to do) and our first real glimpses of the dark places where this series would head. I liked that shift, I really did. So what broke me?

Firstly, the plot holes. Well, more accurately, one plot hole, but it was a frackin' doozy. You know the opening scene in Star Wars where the came
Thomas
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

This was the turning point. Where the books ceased to be books and instead became a lifestyle. Where not only did I laugh, but also cried my eyes out. Where the Hogwarts students became MY friends. MY family. This was when I knew there was no going back and I was committed to the end.

"It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be."

(And The Doctor was in the movie version - so BONUS!)
Brad
Goblet of Fire's sprawling messiness is fascinating to me. It seems to mark the moment when J.K. Rowling gained full power over her creation. She wasn't a struggling, driven, single mom anymore -- she was J.K. ROWLING! She was a literary superstar, and suddenly she could do anything she wanted without hindrance.

The result is a giant mess. She's got a Quidditch World Cup happening; she's got the crazy Triwizard Tournament, and all its machinations; she's got Harry's hormones starting to rage; she
Saniya(Will Herondale is mine)
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
Priscilla
Pretty darn fabulous.

1) Did I mention how much I love Dumbledore?
2) LOVE HARRY.
3) Ron and Hermione need to kiss already XD jk
4) The story was seriously epic .___.
5) EPIC, I SAY.

A written review will be up soon!
Ariel
It just feels good to read Harry Potter, you know? Goblet of Fire has always been my favourite book in the series. I love the quick pace, and the official change of mood: this is not just a childrens book anymore.

I've actually been considering doing a video about my feels on Goblet of Fire, so I wont say too much more, but I really enjoyed reading this.. It took me awhile to read it, but I loved that.. I loved just spending my time, no rush, with Harry and the Gang.
Inge
Could you be any more perfect?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Jason Koivu
This fourth book in the series took the story forward and yet in tone it felt like a regression to the first two books. Certainly it is darker and slightly more mature in subject matter. However, there's a lingering "freshman" feel which I blame on the inclusion of the Tri Wizard Tournament. It seemed out of place at this point in the story. I have no problem with the idea that the wizarding establishment didn't believe (or want to believe) that Voldemort was back and ergo they would naturally c ...more
Synesthesia (SPIDERS!)
So I reread this book once again and decided that I still love it.
I adore this book. It's probably one of my favourite in the series.
It's funny in parts, full of action and when it gets to the climax.
The climax of the book is enough to blow folks' head off.
Yes, it's a long heavy book, but I don't care. I like that about it.

More later.

Read this again last month 8/2011

This is the book that makes you realize it's ON. Don't let the happy cover fool you, for these covers are way too ridiculously happ
Shelby *wants some flying monkeys*

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals...Sirius Black
Nora
My feels were all over the place with this book. Harry and the gang are growing up, and the hormones are starting to work their magic. ;-) I loved seeing Hermione's crush on Viktor and her and Ron's feelings for each other starting to manifest. They really are made for each other. Then you've got Harry's first crush and I looked like this every time he got all shy about talking to Cho or whenever he thought about her or when he got jealous of Cedric.

He's just so precious! There were so many funn
Maureen
Reread in December 2014 for #HarryXmasToYou

Again, so great. Lots of things I forgot! Like Ludo Bagman as a character, the Weasley's coming to be Harry's family for the third task, and just how things actually happen in the book since it varies in the movie. Things start to get dark after this book!
Becky
Once again, this book is awesome. It's the turning point in the series. The place where SHIT GETS REAL.

We see Harry go through some real challenges in this book, and not just the ones that Voldy cooked up through his devious evility, but challenges that any normal teen may go through... jealousy, a strained-to-the-breaking-point friendship, a crush, and bullying... and that's a day in Harry's life BEFORE anyone tries to kill him.

There's something about these books that just pulls my heartstrin
Elisa
I'm not sure if I should review this right now or not. I'm nearly done with Order of the Phoenix, so my thoughts might possibly come out a bit blurred between both books, but I'm just going to to give it my best shot anyway, and I may or may not decide to post in the end. (Hint: If you're reading this, I decided to post.)

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Who else remembers seeing this monster for the first time? I believe I was in the 8th grade when it made its debut. Now, I was not quite old
Kassidy
This is such an epic book!!!
The twists at the end were crazy. I love the character development and the development of the relationships. It's so fun seeing these characters grow :)
Isabelle
You always find out one new detail you missed the first time when you re-read it
  • The Bellmaker (Redwall, #7)
  • The Grey King (The Dark is Rising, #4)
  • First Test (Protector of the Small, #1)
  • The Amber Spyglass (His Dark Materials, #3)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • Fool's Fate (Tawny Man, #3)
  • The Valley of the Lost (Deltora Quest, #7)
  • Magic Study (Study, #2)
  • City of Stars (Stravaganza, #2)
  • Ptolemy's Gate (Bartimaeus, #3)
  • A Wizard of Mars (Young Wizards, #9)
  • The Black Cauldron (The Chronicles of Prydain #2)
  • Talking to Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #4)
  • The Time Garden (Tales of Magic, #4)
  • Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane (Underland Chronicles, #2)
  • Magic's Price (Valdemar: Last Herald-Mage #3)
  • The Secret of Platform 13
  • Comet in Moominland (The Moomins, #2)