Start by marking “Zurück zu den Sternen” as Want to Read:
Zurück zu den Sternen

Zurück zu den Sternen

Gods From Outer Space is another fascinating examination of a part of our history that has been badly neglected. It will be eagerly read and discussed by the millions of people who enjoyed Erich von Daniken's first international bestseller, Chariots of the Gods?

NOTE: 'Gods From Outer Space' is a reprint of 'Return To The Stars'.
Published 1969

To ask other readers questions about Zurück zu den Sternen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zurück zu den Sternen

Reza
Jun 08, 2016 Reza rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
کتاب دیگری از نویسنده کتاب«ارابه خدایان» که اون کتابو هنوز نخوندم و اما این کتاب:
«او معتقد است در گذشته های دور،فضانوردانی از سیارات دیگر با فضانوردی بنام «هیروگلیف» به ملاقات اجداد ما آمده اند و چون ماشین آنها دچار مشکلی شده و نتوانسته اند برگردند، و در نتیجه در زمین ماندنی شده اند و به انسان ها تمدن و راه و روش زندگی را آموختند،اما نیاکان ما که بسیار ابتدایی و وحشی بودند،آنان را خدایان فرض کردند و به پرستش آنان پرداختند و هزاران فرقه خرافی با رنگ و بوی مذهبی را بوجود آوردند و اینگونه از درک وج
Daavid
3.5 Stars

This is a following book to Chariots of the Gods?: Was God an Astronaut? by the same author. And he sure as hell asks some important questions regarding the visitations of 'gods' in our pre-history.

This second book, further provides documentations, speculations and explanations for us to not rule out the question of visitations by aliens pre-historically. This being unproven, the author demands further research be made archaeologically. However, as I see it, this being away from the mai
Jenny williams
Dec 03, 2012 Jenny williams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gods from outer space was one of the craziest, eye opening experiences I've ever gotten from reading a novel. Von Daniken gets more crap from people in the scientific world than I've ever seen any author get, in any genre. There have been many allocations against von Daniken stealing peoples' ideas, thoughts, opinions, hypothesis and much more but none the less I loved this book. Whether his work or not, he goes into exact detail talking about every single phenomenon in this world today that sci ...more
Alistair
Nov 22, 2007 Alistair rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ah, another Erik von DÄniken book. I'm still reading it, but it's basically the same as chariots of the gods. Dense, thick, sometimes hard to understand, but an experienced reader should be able to make their way through it, and understand what hes trying to say. Will update when done.
Drew Martin
This is a tale of two books. The first half of the book was more speculation on future space travel and von Daniken's opinions on the best vehicle model to travel through space. Some people might enjoy it, but I had a hard time getting through this, as I was hoping for more about the ancient texts, places, and people. That was what I received in the second half, as it dealt with ancient texts, mainly the Mahabharata and the Old Testament. For those people looking for Chariots of the Gods II, thi ...more
Nandakishore Varma
Another crackpot theorist I used to love in my teens. Our ancestors are extra terrestrials, and the dim race memories are the basis for the Gods of various mythologies.

I remember that he mentioned that India had flight in the Puranic Era based on the stories of the Pushpaka Vimana from Ramayana; also some treatise written by an ancient sage.
Eric Wurm
Oct 03, 2014 Eric Wurm rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author interprets ancient archaeology and scriptures as describing alien visitations. The problem with highly unacademic interpretation is that one may read anything one wishes into the material. This is exactly what the author does, with no citations. Highly uneducated guesswork and buffoonery.
jzthompson
I was hoping for endearingly barmy, but instead just turgid and repetetive.
Patty
Aug 07, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book series was written in the 1970s and relooks at the world through ancient eyes and pretty much talks about alien visits and how that would look. I'm a big fan.
Richard Borlungay
Want to read more of from Erich Von Daniken's researches to further understand and get free my own mind from being manipulated by religious who turn in another side which beneficial to their own from the facts in the past.
Mark Geise
I'm giving this three stars for creativity and imagination, but it is pretty dated now. Also, I would have preferred if the majority of the book was about the inconsistencies that he writes about for the second half of the book. The first half of the book is about von Daniken's vision for the future of space travel and technology, which, while interesting to follow his thought process 45 years ago, I probably could have done without. That would have been fascinating to read about in 1970, but no ...more
Matthew
Aug 11, 2016 Matthew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
While Chariots of the Gods grabbed my imagination as a 10 yr old. As an adult reading Return to Space I cannot help but notice where he miss represents science ( using the difficulty of using carbon 14 dating on item under 500 yrs old due to accuracy errors that exist over short time lines to throw doubt on the long time line dating using carbon 14 were it is quite accurate with a error range of a couple of hundred years.) to using known faked evidence to embellish his point (eg. The Dropa Stone ...more
ThomyZ
Apr 10, 2014 ThomyZ rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Reading a von Däniken book is a fascinating insight into the inner workings of conspiracy theories. The author, a convicted fraudster and embezzler with no scientific background whatsoever, twists facts and straight up makes stuff up to fit everything into his weird and ever-changing theory.

I very much doubt that he would have had the success he did if Wikipedia had been around in the early days of his writing career, because today many of his claims are so easily refutable that is almost comica
Lara
Sep 18, 2016 Lara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Não é sequer necessário ler todas as obras pra concordar integralmente com o comentário de Sagan: ''Não conheço qualquer livro recente tão emaranhado em erros de lógica e erros factuais como nos trabalhos de von Däniken''. Apesar de possuir algumas informações interessantes, o livro é uma cadência de fatos descuidados e, na maioria das vezes, não comprovados, que é apresentado a uma massa que o toma como verdade e perpetua inverdades sobre um assunto já tão envolvido falácias.
Dan Beliveau
More of the same speculations made by von Daniken. No real proof is offered. He makes decent agrguments, but 30+ years on, we are no closer to proving his theories than we were when it was written. I did think that the speculations of 1985, presented in this book were surprisingly accurate; sadly those for 2000 were not.
Being an Ancient Alien enthusiast, this book was disappointing as it really provided no new speculations from _Chariots of the Gods?_.
Jenna Mills
Again, so many claims that are not substantiated once a quick google search is carried out. This means that I couldn't believe any of his so-called evidence. The parts I did find interesting were his quotes from the Old Testement since I've read parts of it and is interesting to look at it from a different point of view - who knows, perhaps there could be something in it?
Kevin
Aug 14, 2014 Kevin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would consider this more of a primer to the idea of the human race being seeded by space aliens, than a definitive non-fiction work. I got a little tired of von Danike constantly saying, "Well, since everybody else has wild theories about things, let me throw one of my wild theories at you", then proceeding as if that is gospel. Entertaining, but not thought-provoking.
Shweta
May 16, 2008 Shweta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Imagine yourself getting out one fine day with a note pad and pen and asking questions to people you come across on god/space/religion etc! This book is simply a book of notes written in very simple language by Von.
Tvermar
Apr 10, 2011 Tvermar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ok jumble sale read - mildly entertaining but confused in places and dated now. i guess even when first published it was just a bunch of notes and ideas pulled together into a book as a follow up to "chariots of the gods?"
Jamil
Jun 19, 2013 Jamil rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
با واقعیت هایی روبرو شدم که توی ذهنم باهاشون کنار نیومده بودم .
این ایدئولوژی که نویسنده توی این سری کتاب هاش بهش پرداخته بسیار جالب هست و جای تفکر داره .
اینکه ما بفهمیم و باور کنیم که توی این جهان تنها نیستیم و اینکه چطور به اینجا رسیدیم بسیار موضوع جالبیه و نویسنده خیلی خوب بهش پرداخته .
Laura Crean
May 07, 2013 Laura Crean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
another great Daniken gem!
Barbara
Aug 06, 2013 Barbara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Un gran libro y un gran investigador sobre los orígenes extraterrestres de los humanos en la Tierra en diferentes culturas.
Roger McKasson
Jul 31, 2013 Roger McKasson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth the time to read!!!
Benjamin Barnes
Offered interesting theories on the prospect of ancient aliens
Carol
Aug 30, 2012 Carol rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Exactly the same as in the first book. Lots of evidence, none of it shocking enough to believe it true.
Lee
This should probably technically be in the "science fiction" shelf, but I can't bring myself to sully sci-fi like that.
Sooraj Raju
Aug 14, 2008 Sooraj Raju rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone must read it once if they have ever looked up and and felt a truth inside which is trying to come out.
Taylor
I wish there was a negative rating for books.

This books is hilarious in it's inaccuracy. Written by a fool with no formal education and based only on assumptions.
Dorothy
Nov 09, 2008 Dorothy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi
It's mildly entertaining if you can be entertained by phony science dressed up as legitimate inquiry.
Michael
Jul 28, 2012 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhat short, but wildly fascinating.
  • The Stairway to Heaven (The Earth Chronicles, #2)
  • The Philadelphia Experiment
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • Revelations
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Captured! The Betty and Barney Hill UFO Experience
  • The Hidden History of the Human Race - The condensed edition of Forbidden Archeology
  • Atlantis, Alien Visitation & Genetic Manipulation
  • Secret Life: Firsthand, Documented Accounts of Ufo Abductions
  • The Atlantis Blueprint: Unlocking the Ancient Mysteries of a Long-lost Civilization
Born on April 14th, 1935, in Zofingen, Switzerland, Erich von Däniken was educated at the College St-Michel in Fribourg, where already as a student he occupied his time with the study of the ancient holy writings. While managing director of a Swiss hotel, he wrote his first book, Chariots of the Gods, which was an immediate bestseller in the United States, Germany, and later in 38 other countries. ...more
More about Erich von Däniken...

“Erão os Deuses Astronautas?” 3 likes