Start by marking “A Perfect Ten” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Ten

A Perfect Ten

Perfection. That's the key aim in Eva's life. She works hard to be the girl all the other girls wish they could be. She seems to have it all. But the arrival of new girl Patty threatens Eva's perfect life and soon her mother's in rehab, her father's absent and her best friend seems more interested in snogging her brother.
Published September 8th 2008 by Hachette Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Ten, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Ten

Grace, Gold, and Glory by Gabrielle DouglasOff Balance by Dominique MoceanuWinning Balance by Shawn JohnsonLetters to a Young Gymnast by Nadia ComaneciFinding Our Balance by Lauren Hopkins
Gymnastics
53 books — 24 voters
The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl by Shauna ReidNot Tonight, Honey by Susan ReinhardtFat Cat by Robin BrandePretties by Scott WesterfeldSecrets, Schemes and Sewing Machines by Katy Cannon
Measuring Tape
16 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Liralen
Surprisingly interesting. Eva is a gymnast, always striving for gold—and to be as good as her older sister, Amber. She is good; she's the best in her gymnastics club. But that hold is tenuous, and it's things Eva doesn't expect that threaten to undo her.

What's so interesting about Eva, though, is that she's not your stereotypical good girl. In some ways she is a stereotype—but a stereotypical mean girl. She's smart, and she's capable, and she wants to be damn sure that everyone around her knows.
Chloe
Apr 20, 2013 Chloe rated it liked it
Vicki Leanne
• 3 stars •

I've read quite a few fantasy books lately and needed a simple contemporary to give my mind a break.

Despite liking this, I had quite a few issues with the main character. Eva is a horrible person - she plays her friends off against each other, completely and utterly fat shames another girl and expects her mother to do absolutely everything for her. The big plot twist as well was incredibly obvious, and by the third hint I was shouting at Higgins to just tell us. Despite my complaints
Habibah
Jul 13, 2015 Habibah rated it it was amazing
Anna
Jun 26, 2012 Anna rated it it was ok
This book is about girls in the age of around 13-15 years old, but during the entire book it feels like they're 8. Perhaps 7-8 year olds are the target audience and that's why it feels so confusing?
The story is nice and deals with some important subjects, but I find it's far too slow for my taste.
Erin Pallott
Jul 01, 2016 Erin Pallott rated it liked it
I read this book as part of a school book-club for "gifted readers". (I left it pretty swiftly as most of the reading material was pretty poor). I did enjoy this one. The first thing I like about it is the title and how it points to more than one aspect of the book.

I can't really relate to the whole gymnastics and jealousy side of it but I did relate to a few other parts.
Fizza
May 09, 2015 Fizza rated it it was amazing
It was an amzing book!To be honest, i didn't expect it to be much good, but it was!! I love the way eva tells her story. i love the plot, i kind of suspected it from the beginning, i had a feeling her sister was dead...good book.
Kirsten
Apr 16, 2016 Kirsten rated it it was amazing
I read this on holiday a couple of year back and I cannot explain how much this book blew my mind! The whole story just keeps on giving and with what gets revealed at the end it is definitely one of the best books I've read. If you are looking for a quick holiday read, pick up A Perfect 10 :)
Abigail
Nov 14, 2012 Abigail rated it liked it
this is why parents shouldn't pressure our young minds this also why we shouldn't get jealous so easily. anyway the book is good you should read it trust me :)
Amber
Sep 20, 2016 Amber rated it liked it
I think the book was very nice, and I thought it was very sad when I found out Amber died in a car crash.
Alex Stephens
Alex Stephens rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Beth Killen
Beth Killen rated it really liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Andreia Tavares
Jan 26, 2012 Andreia Tavares rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: girls!
Recommended to Andreia by: library
A reallg good read and made me close to tears many times. It was well written and just fantastic!
Wendy Kiasuka-kikanda
Wendy Kiasuka-kikanda rated it really liked it
May 10, 2013
Suhani Mitra
Suhani Mitra rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Ilonita50
Ilonita50 rated it it was ok
Aug 22, 2013
Erin Cameron
Erin Cameron rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Tanya
Tanya rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Lizzie
Lizzie rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2016
Yasmindol
Yasmindol rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Maura
I couldn't quite relate to Eva but I loiked the book a lot!
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Cherice-Rose Atayi
Cherice-Rose Atayi rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2015
Maeve C.
Maeve C. rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2014
Izzy
Izzy rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Jess
Jess rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2013
Danika
Danika rated it liked it
May 05, 2012
Candi
Candi rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Archana Lal
Archana Lal rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
  • Anton Can Do Magic
  • Simon & Sophie
  • Life at the Shallow End (Electra Brown, #1)
  • Expert på att rodna
  • Min typ brorsa
  • A Mammoth in the Fridge
  • Itämaa
  • When Charley Met Grampa
  • How to Stop Your Grownup from Making Bad Decisions (Nina the Philosopher, #1)
  • Οι πειρατές της καμινάδας
  • Det fattas en tärning
  • Dogs Don't Do Ballet
  • Η Κωνσταντίνα και οι αράχνες της
  • Drop
  • Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell You
  • Meet the Real World, Rachel
  • Ο θησαυρός της Βαγίας
  • Berättelser från Engelsfors (Engelsfors, #2.5)

“Funny how days are like that. Some days start off rubbish and get worse as they go on, others start well and get better.” 1 likes
“It's quite scary to realize how little you have to say or do to destroy someone's good name.” 0 likes